The Forge FAQ (POST ALL YOUR QUESTIONS HERE.)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by kayaman132, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fanatic 66

Fanatic 66 Ancient

I have a serious problem with my map. I'm almost done but I can't spawn anything except for respawn points. Every other item's run time maximum is stuck. BTW I'm using the infinite $ glitch.

Someone please help because I tried everything (deleting items, setting run time min to run time max) but nothing works. I spent a long time on this map and I don't want to be a waste.

2. Supa Midget

Supa Midget Ancient

No doubt you'v just ran into the item limit for the map.
    As is i believe foundrys limit is 100 items.
    The way to avoid it is to go back to a save BEFORE it said "cannot place "object"" then delete an object you know you wont need which will allow you to place 20'ish more objects.
    Keep deleting objects to place more until your map is finished BUT save often as if it shows "cannot place object" your map is pants'd ;)
    Thats the only method we have.It doesnt always work but it should allow you to place your objectives and a few last object

3. dented_drum

dented_drum Ancient

NO NO NO!! He's not hit the item limit. If he can spawn Respawn Points, then he's not hit the item limit.

I believe that the glitch simply messed up on him. This happened to me, and I'd be happy to join your game and help you fix it. FR me if you'd like. My GT is beingTOOnosey.

4. kayaman132

kayaman132 Ancient

The item limit for foundry is 387 btw.

5. Supa Midget

Supa Midget Ancient

Oh so i was a little off the mark ;) but yeah if the gltich has just bummed out on him its fixable...not that i know it though XD

6. jdontmiss

jdontmiss Ancient

Does anyone have the newest foundry unlimited budget map? I've been looking for it for a while now.

7. kayaman132

kayaman132 Ancient

8. dented_drum

dented_drum Ancient

Yeah, it's fixable. Kaya helped us fix it on our last map. It just depends on how far deep into the true budget you've gone.

9. Fanatic 66

Fanatic 66 Ancient

Thanks. I'll send you a FR as soon as I get the chance.

10. BIGGnelson

BIGGnelson Ancient

this is not the most updated there is a new ULT FMGC it has an almost foolproof system where you can delete items and get them back as long as you never spawn all of an object you can delete it it was made by AllseeingEntity i will look for it and as far as i know there are only a few people who know the maps secret i will update this when i find it

11. kayaman132

kayaman132 Ancient

You can delete items with mine, it's the smallest one out there, and I found the way to delete items, NOT Allseeingentity.
    Source:
    Proper Use of the Budget Glitch by kayaman132

#91 kayaman132, Jul 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  12. dented_drum

dented_drum Ancient

###cyber-owned###

kayaman132 likes this.
  13. phillipinoJ

phillipinoJ Ancient

I have a question that I've been trying to find the answer to for a while. How do you merge boxes and walls into the back hallways of Foundry? I've seen other maps with that feature and I want to find out how.

14. kayaman132

kayaman132 Ancient

I've been working on a consistent way of doing this, but so far I haven't been getting anywhere with it.

15. TechnoDJ

TechnoDJ Ancient

umm is there anyway to interlock boxes more neatly? i want to make a square out of boxes in foundry but ends up messy (like with a center that is empty)

16. Jpec07

Jpec07 Ancient

Use guides to help you find the best place to put the boxes. For instances, if you're wanting one box interlocked with another in the same orientation, use two other immovable objects (like bridges or portals) up against the walls of the first box. Set the first box not to spawn for a while upon start, and start up your new round. Using the guides based on the first, place the second. Way I see it, they act kinda like splints for broken bones or crop marks for print shops.

17. Scalpel Technique

My friend showed me a technique which he thinks is the best way to get really neat geomerged boxes. Use double walls on the sides, corner walls on the ends and six doors on top(making a rectangle).

EDIT: nevermind, for some reason I thought he was talking about geomerging, not interlocking.

#97 Scalpel Technique, Jul 17, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  18. Scalpel Technique

This one is a brainbuster.

I want to have one fusion coil randomly spawning non stop. So, I've got four fusion coils that drop from a height and explode. I want to put their respawn times up high and have a runtime minimum of one. When I do this it always seems to be the same coil which keeps falling and exploding over and over. I want it to be one coil is spawning all the time, but randomly from the four possible spawns. Sometimes it will alternate between two different ones but that's only in forge, it doesn't work in customs.

Any ideas?

19. Jpec07

Jpec07 Ancient

Try messing with the spawn times on the different coils and see if putting them all at different settings would have any effect. I'm not sure, but I do believe that if you have the spawn times set differently and have it so that they don't all appear on start, you'll get the effect you're looking for (don't quote me on that, though, as I'm not entirely sure).

20. dented_drum

dented_drum Ancient

I believe this works according to their placement on the map. The height at which they fall from must be exact. Any difference in falling height, and it will cause one to explode before another. Upon the start of the game, they all four spawn, correct? Well, the first one that explodes and is erased from the map is the first one that's able to respawn. So, whilst the other three are still falling/exploding, the first one is constantly repeating its process of being the first.

The solution is to get them at the same falling height, to the best of your ability.

Scalpel Technique likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.