The Forge FAQ (POST ALL YOUR QUESTIONS HERE.)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by kayaman132, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philthyphillup

philthyphillup Ancient

2. MattDGiant

MattDGiant Ancient

How come whenever i try to geo-glitch walls and/or fence walls they never go down, they just move sideways into the supports(ex. teleporters that hold the wall straight)?

3. Bottlecap

Bottlecap Ancient

The forge item limit is 100 objects on the map, including objective placements and spawn points/starting points.

Doors aren't more "densely packed", they are just ideal for merging objects because of thier size, allowing more "push" in a central point.

You cannot be turned upside down because it is 100% impossible to alter the camera axis on the Halo 3 view to be looking upside down.

Doors and window panels "slip" into other objects because the "bump map" of those objects were left open in the edges so they could be placed easily.

Traffic cones randomly fall over because they also have a different bump map that is less stable than other object's, thus occassionally will "jiggle" a little bit during forge.

Open boxes are hard to merge prcisely becasue they are open, there is no bump map in the entire open space, thus it will skew merging compared top solid boxes with different interior bump maps.

4. Matty

Matty Ancient

1, 2, and 5 are wrong.

3 is right in a sense, but its not the answer.

Good try.

#24 Matty, Jun 8, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  5. bnasty574

bnasty574 Ancient

Theres no actual answer for 3. Halo is designed to only be looking on a (as its called in the business) plus sign (+) axis. essentially you can look up and down, side to side and whats in between. but your not on an X axis. if you were to come out of a slanted teleporter at an angle, you'd be on an x axis. It's a combination of Halo not having one, as well as it hardly being logical and or practical. Part of a plus sign axis is the characters feet being constantly parallel with a flat surface (the actual game design placed below the millions of images that make up the map. Also, it wouldn't make sense for an FPS to have an X axis, let alone a + and x axis.

#25 bnasty574, Jun 8, 2008
  6. kayaman132

kayaman132 Ancient

Q.
    A.
    The limit for Foundry is exactly 376 items, this may be different on other map.
    I will be testing this and editing this answer.

Q.

A.
    Teleporters can only change your view along the X axis and not the Y axis.

Q.
    A.
    Bungie probably thought that to make window panel and doors fit snugly in window frames and doorways, they should slip in along the edges.

Q.
    A.
    Traffic cones randomly fall over because they also have a different bump map that is less stable than other object's, thus occassionally will "jiggle" a little bit during forge.

Q.
    A.
    Open boxes are hard to merge prcisely becasue they are open, there is no bump map in the entire open space, thus it will skew merging compared top solid boxes with different interior bump maps.

#26 kayaman132, Jun 8, 2008
  7. ezekeil20five17

ezekeil20five17 Ancient

HOW DO I MAKE THE VIP SPAWN AWAYU FROM THE TEAM.sorry to keep on about this but i have only had one answer to several posts and taht didnt work got maps ready to post as soon as i acan do this

8. kayaman132

kayaman132 Ancient

Q.

A.

Unfortunately there is no way to do this, much like juggernaut there is no way to make them the VIP spawn in one spot. This is because the VIP or juggernaut is chosen after the spawning phase.

9. ezekeil20five17

ezekeil20five17 Ancient

thanks i thought that might be the case i have another idea how do i make the vip and team start in one place {somwhere damage would kill everyone but the vip } and then have the team respawn in another area
    cool avatar by the way have you seen the beast with a billion backs yet

#29 ezekeil20five17, Jun 9, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  10. philthyphillup

philthyphillup Ancient

how do you make weapon holders hang upside down on walls or boxes?

11. kayaman132

kayaman132 Ancient

Q.

A.
    Push weapon holders in place and Save & End.

12. philthyphillup

philthyphillup Ancient

k thanks! youve helped with so much!

13. tropicalbert

tropicalbert Ancient

HELLO, I have a good idea for a gametype and I would like to know if there is a dedicated forum area to post gametypes ( just as maps ). Thanks

14. Prophet of Heresy

how do you get out of maps without dieng i already tried the turret and sideseat thing but i just died every time

15. kayaman132

kayaman132 Ancient

Q.
    A.
    Maps have 3 different types of barriers.
    The first is the "Elastic Barrier", the can be broken by saving & quiting a teleporter past it.
    The second is "Death Barrier" there currently is no known way to get past or in this area of death, while there are ways to get into it, there is no way move around without dieing.
    And the third is the "Level Barrier", you can break this barrier in forge, but you can break it in
    theater by following this tutorial,
    Getting Past Death Barriers (using forge and theater)

16. AlienatedCrayon

AlienatedCrayon Ancient

hey this is about forge hub how do you make a post with a map

17. kayaman132

kayaman132 Ancient

18. deathangle

deathangle Ancient

how do u make a working door mecanism im making a map that needs one so it cant be huge thought a the smallest simplest way this could be done would really be helpfull thanks.

19. kayaman132

kayaman132 Ancient

Before I can answer i must know:
    Do you want it to open and/or close?
    Will each round be over before 3 minutes?
    Are you using the custom power up for anything?

20. Orphanslayer92

Orphanslayer92 Ancient

Is there any way to make an infinite number of a certain item like 40 double boxes or something?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.