The Fish Bowl

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by xl_H2_Noob_lx, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chromebandit

chromebandit Ancient

It looks like fun. You've got a DL from chrome.

2. xl_H2_Noob_lx

xl_H2_Noob_lx Ancient

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. =D

3. uktom

uktom Ancient

I like the map, but when you have to many objects it really slows down and my friends just toss stuff in continually and ruin the gameplay

4. Ufochaser42

Ufochaser42 Ancient

Great job! I'm glad to see that this map finally got a proper posting so i can download it and play around. Physics is fun!

5. xl_H2_Noob_lx

xl_H2_Noob_lx Ancient

This really is the only problem with the map. It does lag if too many items are placed in the bowl at once. There really isn't a good way to fix this. You could possibly delete all the vehicles before throwing stuff in, but I'm not sure that would fix it much. Thanks for the replies though. Glad to see everyone is liking it for the most part.

6. goldenknight508

goldenknight508 Ancient

This is literaly the funnest map. Imagine incorporating it to slayer, like you fight on a platform w/ that in the middle. 10.10

7. xl_H2_Noob_lx

xl_H2_Noob_lx Ancient

That is one of the great things about this map. It's not cluttered with unnecessary objects. If anyone wants to change it around, it's fairly easy. I like your suggestion though. It's been mentioned before. I may try tackling that some time.

8. Glimflicker

Glimflicker Ancient

It's a neat enough gimmick, but I don't see myself playing it more than once. I'd suggest incorporating some sort of objective into the fish bowl itself and reworking the ramps up to it. It could be pretty fun having to assault the bowl while the defense is trying to fill it with items to prevent your success.

9. Stevemcguy

Stevemcguy Ancient

I played this map with my clan and it was SOOOOOOO fun! I didn't know it originated from here, either. My friend just showed it to us and we played it for like an hour!

Here, it's your lucky day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMskd9u4IaI The local clan movie director Arcion decided to make a video about the fish bowl because he loved it so much! XD (You'll have to wait until the second part of the vid, when it gets to the Fishbowl part.)

10. ValorousBob

ValorousBob Ancient

Dude thats a really good idea. The defense could have a ramp that they would roll barrels down and then into the bowl.

I know i said this when this was first published, but i'm REALLY glad you finally released this. I've had tons of fun sword fights while flying around the inside of the bowl!

11. xl_H2_Noob_lx

xl_H2_Noob_lx Ancient

Thanks for the comments everyone. In response to the suggestion of incorporating a game/objective into the map: If anyone would like to make a variation of the map, I wouldn't mind one bit. I'm going to try and think something up sometime as far as incorporating an objective type game into the map. Not sure when I'll be able to get to it. I'll have to give that youtube vid (linked on the previous page) a watch in just a second. Again, thanks to everyone that has given it a dl, comment, or both.

EDIT: Just watched the video stevemc. I thought it was really funny. The songs went really well with it. Looked like you guys were having a lot of fun that night/day. I'm thinking of linking it in the first post, if that's ok with you. It also gave me an idea to fix a few things on the map. I'll try to have the updated version up fairly soon.

12. Glimflicker

Glimflicker Ancient

I might give it a go this weekend. Several people have modified my Bungie 500 map and seeing what other people do with it is a real thrill. I'm also glad you didn't lash out at me for the feedback, I was trying to give some honest and helpful feedback rather than the constant "FIX POST!" or "GOOD MAP!" :squirrel_hug:

13. OpIvyDude

OpIvyDude Ancient

This map is definitely tight. I'll download it once i get my other 8 out of the way.

14. Throwdown

Throwdown Ancient

I'm downloading it now lol... awesome concept, but it seems more like a toilet flushing :p

15. xl_H2_Noob_lx

xl_H2_Noob_lx Ancient

Thanks for commenting and dling. Lol, it does look like a toilet flushing. The only reason I named it "Fish Bowl" was because that's the first thing that it made me think of after we completed it.

16. Stevemcguy

Stevemcguy Ancient

Feel free to add the video to your post.

17. xl_H2_Noob_lx

xl_H2_Noob_lx Ancient

Thanks steve. The video is now linked in the first post.

18. RioT 17

RioT 17 Ancient

19. the other dark

the other dark Ancient

That is just too weird. I'm gunna download it though. It looks like a ton of fun.

How long did it take you to get the lifts and mancannons right?

20. A Nasty Fresh

A Nasty Fresh Ancient

AWESOME! This map looks soooo fun just if your alone haha
    But a good idea to make it look better, is that you make the walls out of Shields, so its like blue. Ya know what I'm saying? But that would be really hard, eh? Anyways this map looks very very fun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.