The fall of MLG...

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by iSkillStik, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Novak

Novak Ancient

These two posts are basically why I didn't go into video game design, lmao.

I'm too lazy to quote the part of your post I wanted to because it's 6 AM right now, lol, but basically to avoid all the people who make fun of you for your rank all you have to do is be really polite. Just ask "do we want this guys?" at the beginning of the game works. Calling out the times on the weapons works too, and calling out always helps. Of course, there's always a chance you will get one of those douche bags who is hell bent on the fact that YOU are the reason he's gonna LOOSE HIS RANK!!??, but you just gotta deal with it. I know you probably do though, you're a cool guy.

2. Scobra

Scobra Ancient

It's ironic how you ***** at us for 'bitching.'

I've only played the MLG playlist once. I went in, didn't do to good, told my team I was just having a bad day and then they start **** talking me. I even had a positive K/D spread and was second in kills! :| After that I kind of stopped playing everything but social.

But yesterday, I go to play a game of social multi team with a friend and we win 50 kills with the second place team havin a little under 30 and then they decide to start talking **** saying things like, 'oh all you use is the sniper you BK. Your so BK.' That's pretty much when I realized it's more than just the kids that play ranked who do that but whatever. Whenever someone just talks me down, I just tell them to grow up and I leave. The mature thing is the best thing imo.

3. cdn xxraiderxx

cdn xxraiderxx Ancient

at the end of pretty much every single one of my games, whether my team won or lost i say good game to the other team and i just cant stand that i try to be nice to the other team and all i get in response is them chirpping randomly because they won the game. it really has nothing to do about MLG, or ranked players or halo, i dont think MLG is falling i think more people are becomeing assholes on xbox (A.K.A video game gangster). this morning i played a game of team flag, 3 people on my team got booted. so it was up to me and the other guy. we lost (obviously) and they chirpped us saying we sucked when they were all negetive and we were positive. all it is, is just people who suck at the game raising their self esteem.

4. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

It's true, I definitely agree. I generally make a point of doing exactly that, especially since I go in to MLG by myself pretty much all the time. When I'm going in as a random and get teamed with parties of 2 or 3 as is often the case, it only seems fair and logical to try and be accommodating in terms of veto choice and what weapons to go for off start. If they're a pair or a 3, they're obviously going to be used to working together, and so trying to fit in with that as the lone guy obviously makes sense, plus it generally improves relations as you say. I'd hazard that paying attention to new and unfamiliar team mates and doing my best to fit in to their playstyle and pushes etc., as well as of course offering my own opinions on when to push, pull back etc., is one of my stronger qualities, and it's why I like to think of myself as a good support player.

Even when my team is 4 randoms, starting off with 'do you guys want to keep this or not?' generally seems to be a good start. No matter how much I may want to play a map/gametype combo and not veto, if the rest of my team would rather not then the best chance of victory and the most enjoyable team game is just a case of pure numbers, so I'm happy to veto.

That said, what you said about there always being some who will be aggressive and annoying no matter how much you try to be accommodating is very true. And, tbh, I do tend to find that even when I start off with a 'do you guys want to veto?', saying literally anything in a British accent results in a slur of either snide remarks or out and out flaming being sent my way. This is far from the norm, but I do notice it as a trend, and one which really gets to me. International rivalry and all that, fine, but how does hating on your team mate just because of the way they speak help yourself at all? The answer to that question is something I'll never know.