The End of an Era

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by a Chunk, Sep 16, 2015.

By a Chunk on Sep 16, 2015 at 6:38 PM
  1. a Chunk

a Chunk Blockout Artist
    Forge Critic Wiki Contributor Senior Member

[​IMG]

The Halo Forge Epidemic YouTube channel was created on April 2, 2011. It quickly established itself as the 'go to' channel for forge content at YouTube. In the 4 1/2 years since its inauguration, THFE has amassed over 85,000 subscribers, and 22 million view. During that time, many contributors have come and gone. It was recently announced at Halo Customs that the two remaining contributors (@PA1NTS and @Psychoduck) have decided to part ways with the channel. If you've been a fan of their work, then fret not because they will both be continuing their coverage of forge on the ForgeHub YouTube Channel. This is where the winners of the Meet Your Maker: Squad CTF Forge Contest will be announced, so be sure to stay tuned for that (#SOON).

Here's a portion of the official announcement of the change, which was posted by Psychoduck.

"Yesterday marked the five-year anniversary of Halo: Reach: a game which was truly instrumental in bringing Halo's forge community to life. One of the biggest pieces of forge community history born during Reach's lifespan was a YouTube channel called TheHaloForgeEpidemic. What began as a way for [REDACTED] to showcase his talents as a mini game forger quickly evolved into a major community phenomenon. THFE map features become the most viewed forge content on YouTube and the channel thrived. With help from the talented commentator Bevans Law and the enterprising Oakley HiDef, THFE became a respected community group.

In January of 2012, I came on board in order to feature what we then called "competitive" maps on the channel. I eased in with big team battle maps because they were what I knew best. I soon began featuring a variety of core Halo maps and slowly began earning the respect of forgers from that side of the community. Around this time, Bevans departed from the channel and [REDACTED] ceased producing content for it. Since that time, [REDACTED] has had no direct contribution to the channel whatsoever. Instead, he sat back in the shadows: pulling the strings and taking 100% of the channel's (then considerable) profits for himself, despite generating none of them. To my knowledge, most of this money was spent on illegal drugs
    ."

To read the rest of this sordid tale, and to relive some of the better days from their time with THFE, click here - http://halocustoms.com/threads/the-end-of-an-era.21623/

Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by a Chunk, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Chronmeister
      Chronmeister
      At least the money went to good use.
    2. Buddy Jumps
      Buddy Jumps
      Wow, me and I guess many other people didn't know that. It's sad that it has come to such an end.
    3. Faulk Smash
      Faulk Smash
      I remember watching them in Reach...

... That was about it.
    4. theSpinCycle
      theSpinCycle
      Sad news about the channel indeed. THFE was a great way for people to see new maps and also for people to learn about forging. I'm glad you two are going to continue putting out your great content, Duck and Paints!
      REMkings, Xandrith and a Chunk like this.
    5. TheMurdockMan
      TheMurdockMan
      I had no idea! This has come to be a massive shock to me, I mean I knew THFE was having a ruff time but I had no idea it would come to an end with all the halo 5 coming soon I mean seriously, there could be loads of content to cover. I also find it abit strange cus I heard from the guy who does race tracks for THFE(can't remember his name) that he was sorting the channel out and this was about a week ago when he was streaming on the channel.
    6. a Chunk
      a Chunk
      I believe the channel itself will continue on. Paints & Psychoduck (the main two people) will not be doing content for it anymore.
    7. Psychoduck
      Psychoduck
      RLD? He hasn't been a part of the channel for a good two years or so. He ditched back in H4 when things started to get rough. He was recently brought back on board without my permission and this was the final straw. He may represent whatever the channel becomes in the future, but know that he does not represent the core values the channel stood for under my leadership. I ran the channel with the desire to only feature the best content, to put quality before quantity, and to focus on doing a service to the forge community rather than to focus on maximizing views. You will not see these values supported by whatever entity assumes control of the channel in the future, unfortunately.
    8. cluckinho
      cluckinho
      Phenomenal channel. The videos back during reach were the best.