The End is Near 12.21.12

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Asthetik, Apr 30, 2009.

?

Opinions

1. This is Bull

53 vote(s)
    67.9%
  2. Im Not Convinced

6 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. This is Interesting

12 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. OMG totall believer

7 vote(s)
    9.0%
  1. Felipe dos

Felipe dos Ancient

Just countin' down the days. Leap year included and everything.

/explanation of custom title I've been using for the past two months.

2. The Cheat

The Cheat Ancient

Everyone flips out about the Mayan calendar, but did any ever stop to realize....

Maybe the Mayans just got lazy, and didn't think they needed to add to the calendar for a while. Then, Spain came along, and raped, pillaged, and destroyed the Mayans' Utopian society, and they could never finish the calendar.

3. Darkastic

Darkastic Ancient

So, if the worlds going to end in 2012, then why get so scared? It's not like you can stop it, so just accept it. That is, unless we have the power to travel to a different planet by then, but I srsly doubt that. So, why fight it? Let's all get wasted!!!1!

4. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

The Mayan calender does not DEFINITIVELY end on December 12, 2012.

many many many many many historians agree that it could just be like our calendar, where it goes on until it ends, because they couldnt think of anything else, or rather didnt want to add any other "signs"/eras etc, and it just starts over again.

as for that web-bot thing, its a ****ing joke. a computer, can read the "collective unconscious" of humankind? it operates very similar to sticking a bunch of idiots in a room and asking them to write a magnum opus based on whatever comes to mind, then trying to find patterns (Apophenia) in the message. They do this with the bible, they do this with everything. If you look hard enough, you can find some pattern in anything.

Its like the numeral Pi, I can say "herr herr, I'm a prophet, because I sense that there is going to be a part somewhere down the infinite line where 3456 line up perfectly).

As for the old "prophets"...the fact that they all converge on the same date leads to multiple possibilities, chiefly the fact that as language progresses, so does communication.

Furthermore, if you believe in the fact that all of them had "unique and original prophecies" then you better believe in a religion. Why? Because its the same reasoning as "well all these beliefs say that there's an afterlife, there's a god, that there is some prophet, so at its core, there must be some truth"

I'm not saying its fallacious thinking, it very well may considered as such though, and its a case of "if x, then y must be true"

5. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

Don't we already have a debate on this?

6. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

yes exactly, but the OP decided to pronounce his opinion as truth, and its in OT now (think it was in gen chat originally) so its in my domain, now its my obligation to devalue his position.

7. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

The whole 'all these different prophecies all point at 2012' makes about as much sense as saying that the time is 30 minutes faster than what it truly is, simply because all one clock in Nevada, one clock in Tokyo, one clock in Germany, and one clock in Australia all have the same 30 minutes off.

8. X5

X5 Ancient

This is still in General Chat Sarge. Anyway OP....

[​IMG]
    sorrybutcouldnthelpmyselfguys

9. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

I just found my computers old box, it had Y2K compliant on the front, I lol'd a bit...

Don't worry guys, if the world ends, I'll call and tell you, seeing as I'm in the future and such.

10. Matty

Matty Ancient

Don't let us down, your now the watchtower guy, and we all know how much the one on Titanic absolutely failed.

11. Asthetik

Asthetik Ancient

kkk I dont know if u guys understand me or just not comprehending the videos because from your stupid comments it seems that you guys never watched the whole thing.... So please before you post any thing... watch the entire thing... u can split it up like 1 part every nite since it takes about 1 hour to watch all 5 parts.

12. abandoned heretic

if all hmans die i will be because of our own ignorance and stupidity or if we decide to change the sun ill eventually engulf the earth maybe well be able to live on other planets by then but none of us are going to die 2012 unless its natural causes
    reasons not to believe this
    we dont know all of the mayan language there could be an explanation as to why it ends there either lost or unreadable
    theres no scientific reason why the world will end
    people thought the world would end june 6 2006 as well did it you tell me
    if you choose to believe this go ahead live your life in fear just dont make other reasonable people listen to your ****

13. Matty

Matty Ancient

^ Somebodies stolen your grammar.

14. QKT

QKT Ancient

world has to end sooner or later
    i dont really care that much
    and the mayans smell, why should i take what they say as truth?
    its like nostradamus

15. abandoned heretic

sorry i really never paid attention in english and dont type very well i know some grammar just dont se it
    well anyway we all die sometime

16. Zeta Arcadee

Zeta Arcadee Ancient

This is all a bunch of bull. If not, show me the 100% scientific proof that the world will end 2012. There is no scientific proof. So what, a calendar ends? A few people guess right? That's not proof. And you can't always trust the History Channel.

17. lost

lost Ancient

Months 1-12 then restart in our calender. zOMG Mayan calender possibly the same? Even if not, I think the Mayans were just really lazy or something and stopped writing. I am lazy, you are probably lazy why can't the Mayans be lazy?

18. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

You're in Hawaii?

Gosh, I hope your stupid doesn't spread to my side of the island.

19. Nitrous

Nitrous Ancient

Figures the last human would die on my birthday.

20. oO SLiK Oo

oO SLiK Oo Ancient

Nothing is going to happen, Nothing can predict the future, Believe me. The Mayans where smart but still they cant predict the future. The thing that's sapose to happen is that we go throught the gravity of the sun and jupiter. But honestly i believe its going to be a ordinary day.