The Divider

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by BakedJam, Aug 11, 2008.

?

What do you think?

1. Terrible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Bad

50.0%
  3. Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Good

25.0%
  5. Excellent

25.0%
  1. BakedJam

BakedJam Ancient

This map is based off the Mexican border. Of course I've never been there so it's not a replica. First the Attackers spawn outside the map and have to run into a teleporter. They then pick up the bomb and well run to the other side of the border. But wait there is more thinking to this than it seems. If you go to quick then you can easily be picked off. There is a teleporter on the other side of the wall as you will see in Sideview 1. That teleporter is blocked. If you look at the overshield and Active Camo there is a box above that. that is where receiver node is. but it's blocked by a crate, you must take a grav up there( There are ones on the outside stairs) then once you get up there pick up the brute shot blow it away. Like I said that still seems easy but the defenders have access to rockets and 2 snipers so you have to always be smart and use your time wisely. The bomb carrier is faster than everyone but he is also killed easier. Also it only takes 5 seconds to disarm the bomb so you wanna make sure the bomb area is clear when you plant it. These pictures are acually old, this place is interlocked!!!

Sideview 1

[​IMG]

Sideview 2

[​IMG]

Bomb Respawn Point

[​IMG]

Bomb Plant

[​IMG]

Get Some

[​IMG]

Download The Divider
    Bungie.net : Community : Forum Topic Listing : Forum Reply Listing

Download On Duty
    Bungie.net : Community : Forum Topic Listing : Forum Reply Listing

#1 BakedJam, Aug 11, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  2. Obibital

Obibital Ancient

aww man dude ive been working on a version of this, your mean.... nah im just kidding its not like you were watching me.(or were you) well my versios different but im sure they will both be great posts. its a cool map but its not very clean and there needs to be more interlocking.

3. Savagesound

Savagesound Ancient

Great map, i like layout of the border wall but i think that maybe you could have interlocked it and made it neater and i think that the defenders are overpowered, i see what you wanted to do with the gametype but i just don't think it would work because most of the time people don't use teamwork. Nice map though.

4. stin10

stin10 Ancient

pics don't work for me.

5. RadiantRain

RadiantRain Ancient

It's a bit sloppy in some areas, but I don't really see much flaws around the entire map.

6. Stratigon13

Stratigon13 Ancient

hahaha this is the first map ive seen on the border. yeah this map could use a little more interlocking but i think it sounds fun so ill dl and check it out and hopefully ill cross the border

7. Mace

Mace Old Tyme

id make some alternative ways to get over the borders
    mancanons teleporters
    mabey add the place your actualy drive through

8. BakedJam

BakedJam Ancient

If you read the description or looked at the pictures there is 3 stairs 2 gravlifts and teleporter, thats three different ways ones sneaky ones over it and one is right through just like the mexicans do it. And once your over it's a dead sprint. Oh and if you didnt read the description this place is interlocked.

9. nickseeknconker

nickseeknconker Ancient
    Banned

dude this **** looks freakin tight lyke the idea its lyk a big barrier in the middle and the bomb guy omg this is soooooooo original 5/5 cuz i luv it

10. Bloumbas

Bloumbas Ancient

sorry if my post didnt help you. okay so i think you could add some more features, suchas some mexican homes, to in case of spawn camping. it could probably run a little smoothe, but its a cool idea, and its well thougt out. i hope this helped a little more.