The Defiant Map Pack

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by PacMonster1, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

That's just plain not true. Reality is pretty much exactly the opposite of that.

2. Dart3rocks

Dart3rocks Forerunner

here is the link to video...

#82 Dart3rocks, Feb 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2011
  3. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

Sorry, no links. Only discussion is allowed since we are affiliated with bungie.

4. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

Which part isn't true. Because I'm positive 343 is not working on any Halo Reach DLC. Some youtube video from a youtube user who's name has 343 in it is not conclusive evidence, in fact it seems quite the contrary.

5. cannibalghoul

cannibalghoul Forerunner

i like the apocalyptic feel of the new maps. hopefully the awesome visuals won't cause any interference with performance/framerate.

it looks like the new FF map may be more vehicle-oriented, which is excellent in my opinion. currently the only map that really does this is beachhead, so it will be a nice change.

6. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

That I can't verify, but Bungie does not own any Halo anythings anymore. It's all Microsoft. The games, the "licensing" the maps. Bungie probably has contracts about sharing profits on sales, but they don't own Halo in any way.

7. DMM White

DMM White Ancient

Its all a little confusing but its OK because all of this would have been planned a long time ago.

Its possible that Bungie and 343/Microsoft made an agreement/contract involving the production of map packs which would cover the amount of content, the frequency of their release and probably details on who has permission to make the DLC. All that amongst other details which would allow both parties to cover their backs and also make it hard for either party to just back out.

Regardless of who owns what, Bungie will continue to make the DLC maps to complete their side of the agreement and after that 343 will probably be having fun making money from the Halo: CE: HD remake and DLC for that to care about trying to make DLC for Reach.

8. M0aHerder

M0aHerder Forerunner

343 is infact now in chage of Reach. Noble was Bungies very last thing to do with Halo. Defiant was made by 343 (it even says 343 Industries as the author instead of Bungie in the videos). The best videos that I could find were taken inside of 343 headquarters.

9. DMM White

DMM White Ancient

I can't say I've seen that, but if you're right and these are non-Bungie maps then I change my opinion of them. They totally suck, MS sucks boo.

I jest. No matter who made them, they are some awesome looking maps.

Also, I just found the video you're talking about and I can say that the fact that it says "Author: 343 Industries" means nothing. I'm sure I could make an offline profile named "343 Industries", save a map and get it would show the same thing.

10. M0aHerder

M0aHerder Forerunner

Yes, that's true. But Bungie did announce somewhere that Noble was their last DLC.

11. PacMonster1

You mean the video from a user whose youtube account was created a few days before the video and the short pitiful message of "Oh this is just something I've been working on". Yeah...I'll take my evidence a little stronger thank you. It wasn't even the first video of the leak. First pictures were from a french halo community site, and the first video came from a hacker with a JTAG'ed xbox.

And if you can show me where Bungie said that Noble was their last Halo anything than I'll believe you. They've said numerous times that Halo Reach is their last Halo product yes, not that Noble was their last property for it.

12. IH8YourGamerTag

IH8YourGamerTag Forerunner

yeah, i really don't think 343 is in charge of anything to do with reach, why would that make sense? they had nothing to do with the making of the game, why would they jump in to make a map pack? I'm quite sure the defiant map pack is bungie

i think i remember in the bungie podcast them talking about noble map pack, they said there would be more on the way. I'll try and find a timestamp for proof, but i'm about 95% sure.

#92 IH8YourGamerTag, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  13. Xerax

Xerax Forerunner

Maybe you should ask me. On the map info, it says Authoe: 343 Industries.

kthxbai.

14. PacMonster1

Again, no offense, I'm sure your a talented hacker and what not, but we have no proof that you have played the maps either. Just you saying the maps were fun and a vague statement saying you have played them. So again, until either Microsoft/Frank O'Conner mentions they are making this map, or Bungie says something about it, I'll believe Bungie is making any DLC for Reach.

15. Xerax

Xerax Forerunner

Oh, i see what you mean.

I do not condone piracy in any form. This is just proof that 343i are making the "defiant" mappack.

#95 Xerax, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2011
  16. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Sup with the date?

And how is the forge pallet on Highlands?

#96 chrstphrbrnnn, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2011
  17. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

I think DLC always has the date of the game's release for some reason, chrst

18. Xerax

Xerax Forerunner

The date is the date the map was compiled. It may have been done offline (so incorrect time), or just thats how long the maps have been pending for release o.o)

And as for the Forge Pallet, on both forgable maps. The pallet is very..very..very poor. No structure tabs, only scenery >.>

19. Chron

Chron Ancient

Perhaps it was coded into the game along with the other maps and hidden from players? That's my guess.
    EDIT: After seeing Xerax's comment about the Forge maps, I am slightly disappoint.
    2ND EDIT: For anyone that cares, the Defiant map pack is also listed among 343 Industries projects on it's Halo Wiki page.

#99 Chron, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  20. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

People definitely would have ripped that info out of the disk by now if that were true.