The Defiant Map Pack

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by PacMonster1, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Furry x Furry

Furry x Furry Ancient

If you want to stay up until around 12:00-1:00 PST. Assuming that it's like previous releases.

2. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

hmmm I might.

3. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

Just saw a full gameplay video of firefight on Unearthed and HOLY CRAP IM PUMPED FOR THIS MAP! I am going to have so much fun dominating with that warthog! ITS MADE FOR VEHICLE CARNAGE! Not long now.

4. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

Downloaded with ease, load up, no new achievements, and the maps aren't there....?

I solved it.

I made a thread about it if you're having the same issues.

#224 thesilencebroken, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  5. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

Technical difficulties... I won't be able to pick them up for another month... damn bills...

6. thesilencebroken

So, I haven't played condemned yet, looks okay.

Highlands is without a doubt my new favorite Multiplayer map.

and Unearthed is the most fun I've had playing firefight in a very long time. I was even by myself.

I think 343 and CA are taking care of our baby good.

7. Rigest

Rigest Ancient

Just a shame that Forge isn't brought to a new level. I wasn't expecting it, but I loved that they expanded forge with Sandbox and Foundry in Halo 3.

8. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

I'm so ready to play highlands. Looks so beast

9. IH8YourGamerTag

IH8YourGamerTag Forerunner

how could they expand it, or bring it a new level, with maps that are so much smaller than forgeworld? Forgeworld IS that new level.

they all look great, did the solo walkthrough on all of them. Played one game on condemned, may be my favorite 4v4 type map

10. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

You asked, I answered:

1. They need a map made primarily for forging that doesn't have built-in framerate problems. Huge and beautiful is awesome, complex pieces with glass and lots of loving details is nice, but the maps we make need to be playable first and foremost, and it's way too easy to make maps on Forgeworld that are crippled with framerate issues. That's the #1 reason (I think anyway) that lots of forgers want another forging map.

2. What I really want out of a new forging map is not vastness but flexibility. Give me more textures and a larger object pallette. Give me more FX and lights that are subtle and useful, and if at all possible don't make the map unplayable (especially for split screen). Give me an assortment of environments to work in, not just woods & water. Forgeworld is great but after the initial onslaught of creativity, it quickly became the case that 99% of maps made on Forgeworld look and feel kind of the same. That stifled my desire to keep forging. I am way more prone to play matchmaking than forge now, and it's because I've combed every inch of Forgeworld and used every single object in a map I made before. I want new horizons to conquer.

--

I don't think there's much likelihood of a new forge map that is going to blow our minds the way Foundry and then Sandbox did, because they were taking a basic tool and breaking tons of new ground with it. Forge is now a more advanced tool, and Forgeworld was designed to take nearly total advantage of it. But I still think flexibility and creativity are limited in its spacious confines.

More than anything, I want a snow map (or snow area) to forge in. Lockout, Avalanche and Sidewinder are some of my very favorite maps, and have an ambience that I love so much. (Snowbound has that feel to some extent also - too bad it sucks as a map.)

11. Indie Anthias

Indie Anthias Unabash'd Rubbernecker

My first impression after a forge-through: Bungie should be flat out embarrassed by Highlands. It makes their maps look worse than they already do.

They all remind me of H3 maps, both in quality and visual flair.

#231 Indie Anthias, Mar 15, 2011
  12. thesilencebroken

Defiant playlist is up.

13. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

I take it you need the Noble map pack to play the playlist, considering Breakpoint and Tempest are in there?

14. thesilencebroken

Noble playlist is separate, so why would defiant playlist require it?

15. Indie Anthias

Indie Anthias Unabash'd Rubbernecker

why does Bungie do lots of silly things?

Bungie.net : Halo Reach : Playlists

Noble maps are in the Defiant playlist. I guess 2 maps would be a bit thin for it's own playlist, too bad for those who only bought the Defiant.

#235 Indie Anthias, Mar 15, 2011
  16. thesilencebroken

Says defiant required. Noble maps only come up if everyone in the match has them.

17. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

Makes sense, and this is true of other playlists as well - for example, you can get Breakpoint in the big team playlist if everybody has it. It comes up only occasionally but I've definitely played it in there a few times.

18. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

I'd prefer it if they had a 4v4 DLC playlist with Condemned, A9 and Tempest, and a 6v6, possibly even 8v8 DLC playlist with Breakpoint, Highlands and maybe Tempest too (definitely if it were 6v6, but it may be a little small for 8v8).

Throwing 4v4 and 8v8 maps in a 6v6 playlist just seems like a compromise which sees both sides suffer, has since Noble came out. A9 doesn't play well with 6v6, neither does Breakpoint for non-Invasion gametypes, Tempest is the only one which sits well with it and tbh I still prefer it for 4v4 CTF.

#238 Pegasi, Mar 15, 2011
  19. thesilencebroken

yeah, I don't like the whole EVERYTHING IN ONE POT thing they got going on right now. Condemned is a little bigger than I expected, so it's not terrible, but It would probably really shine better at 4v4.

20. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

I'm getting sick of the lack of Highlands options in voting, and the rarity with which they get voted for when they do come up. Fun map is fun.

EDIT: lol, finally get a game of multiflag on it as I'm typing it, then a load failure sends us to a game of Tempest CTF. That's my favourite gametype from the Noble so no biggie, but still, wana play Highlands.

#240 Pegasi, Mar 15, 2011