The Deep

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by Paulrus, Jan 21, 2009.

?

What did you think of this map?

1. Awesome

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Pretty Good

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Decent

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Not Great

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Terrible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Paulrus

Paulrus Ancient

The Deep
    By: Paulrus

This is an action-packed recreation of the Lord of the Rings battle for Helm's Deep. This map works best with 2 teams and the use of the Battle Gametype.

Game Breakdown:
    Defenders Spawn in front of their armory and must defend their side using spikers, swords, and spike grenades, as well as the catapults (that launch fusion coils onto the battle field) and other explosives that can be pushed onto anyone trying to go through the main entrance.

Attackers begin by restocking at their camp with more powerful weapons such as brute shots, gravity hammers, and a "Battering Ram" (chopper).

There are 3 ways to breach the enemy base: through the door (breaking in with the chopper), through the sewer (blown up with fusion coils), or over the wall (by using grav lifts scattered across the battle field). There are 4 territories that must be captured, and as each is captured the defenders are forced deeper into their base.

[​IMG]
    Wall from Attackers POV

[​IMG]
    Wall from Defenders Side

[​IMG]
    Overview (with catapults)

[​IMG]
    Outside the Keep (Defenders Side)

[​IMG]
    Battering Ram (with Defender dropping Fusion Coil from above)

Download The Deep

2. The Hawk

The Hawk Ancient

This map looks pretty clever, using various entrances to get over the wall. (Like my map in my sig, The Great Arch!) Anyway, I like your use of creativity in recreating the battle like the battering ram, and the sewers. I have seen the battle of Helms Deep, and from what I can tell this is a pretty good remake of it. I see that you've subtly interlocked a lot of things, and how you have the catapults in the back, but the actual helms deep thing inside the base looks pretty barren. Try flipping the bridge upside down also. Other than that, I think you could try and make the map look a little cleaner.

3. Obibital

Obibital Ancient

its not the first helms deep map ive seen but its not like its a bad one. the idea of choppers as battering rams is a good one. the interlocking of the walls looks clean. nice job with it.4/5

4. d4rkdemon

d4rkdemon Ancient

brilliant map and well made i give you a 4.5/5 i like the 3 entrances and it is a boss territories game

5. Insane117

Insane117 Ancient

It looks really good but the idea had been made many time's also plpleas but some cover. but overall i give it a 4/5 Nice Job >=)

6. uF HaVoK

uF HaVoK Ancient

This map has a very clever thought, i understand that the layout of the map has been used before, but i believe almost everything has been thought of that someone makes.. lol so i don't care if it's been done before, as long as its better than the first.

In this case it is :)

4/5

7. waterflame

waterflame Ancient

this is a idea that is okay could be better if you geomerge to make some of it cleaner that just my opion i my downlaod if i want to 3/5 i like the canipults from the inside of the base and the battering ram is a ok idea but thats kinda what the chopper is made for

8. Star iz Legiit

Star iz Legiit Ancient

This map is very unique and looks really fun.I love maps like this but it could use a little more interlocking to make a it a bit neater.

Good map though

9. The Yankee

The Yankee Ancient

As far as I can tell it looks like a gutted version of the MLG Great wall map. There just doesn't look like there is anything in the map. It looks totally bland. Try adding cover for players. No body likes being shot and not being able to run for cover, its like once you're shot, you HAVE to fight back. Its do or die...