Halo Reach The Daily/Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by MaxSterling, Sep 28, 2010.

1. MaxSterling

MaxSterling Ancient

I believe there was a Weekly Update that mentioned tweaks to the challenges.

2. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

Can anyone tell me what an ordnance weapon is in Multiplayer Matchmaking?

3. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

Yeah Im wondering the same thing. I think it might be when you get weapon drops in Invasion Slayer, but Im not certain.

4. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

It just means explosives (apparently not including nades as I discovered earlier) basically Rockets, and I'd guess the Plas Launcher and possibly even GL? Not sure on the last two. For regular maps, Powerhouse and Boardwalk (preferably a Pro variant on the latter since it gives you two sets of Rocks) will be your friends.

5. MaxSterling

MaxSterling Ancient

How far along is everyone on the weekly challenge of 16 daily challenges? I'm at 10 right now. 2 Monday, 2 Tuesday, 2 Wednesday, and all 4 today. Got a nice, big, fat 9,000cR when farming Long Night of Solace for grunts using the wraith. Got War Machine, Spec Ops, and Leadership Element commendations all to Gold while just farming them little suckers. Just quit after getting the achievement and still got that many cR.

#185 MaxSterling, Nov 25, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  6. Chedderboy

Chedderboy Ancient

Quick guide:
    The Little Guys: Rally Point Bravo on Winter Contingency. Lots of dropships and grunts.
    Roast 'Em, Toast 'Em: Rally Point Alpha on Exodus. Line up a DMR shot, then tap the jetpack and fire buttons. Repeat as necessary.
    Nature vs. Nurture: Rally Point Alpha on Winter Contingency. Sprint down the road, there will be a pack of Moas. Use magnum scoped to pick them off, they'll run away if you get too close.
    You should get the Blastin' and Relaxin' along with the other challlenges.

7. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

wait... im having a mental block on Long night of Solace...

which part of the level are you doing this on?

edit- oh, and im at 12/16. gonna get my 16k tonite!

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

for future reference, if this challenge comes up again some day:

"ordinance weapon" included:
    rockets, concussion rifle, plasma launcher, and GL

#187 Titmar, Nov 25, 2010
  8. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

Lucky mug.. I have to go my grandmamamamama's for dinner. And I currently have 8/16 ..I think. Maybe 10/16

9. MaxSterling

MaxSterling Ancient

MIssion Start.
    You run around the rock and see the drop ship drop off some grunts. Take out the grunts.
    Drop pods with elites come down. Take them out.
    Jackals on the mound at the halfway point to the launch facility entrance.

Grunts first. 2 Skirmishers with needle rifles on the boulders on the left side. Elites, jackals, and grunts up the middle.

Far left along the beach (left of the rocks with the two skirmishers) is a path leading to a pier. When you approach the pier, a dropship drops off a wraith with a grunt gunner. Cap the grunt gunner and hop into the gunner seat of the wraith. This will draw the elite driver out. Shoot him and take the wraith.

Thrust the wraith off the pier towards the beach path you just came from. Follow the path back around and another drop ship will constantly drop off a neverending supply of elites, grunts, and jackals on the beach. Use the wraith to constantly wipe them all out.

I usually drive the wraith between the rocks (very tight fit and takes some maneuvering to get through) and then back up the hill towards the launch facility entrance. Takes some maneuvering to get past the sandbag bunkers, but it's possible. I also usually use the wraith to push crates to block off the path by the entrance leading towards where you got that wraith.

Just watch for dropships and wipe out the neverending supply of coveys. You can also take out your marines and take their weapons, which usually include a sniper and a rocket launcher. Everytime all your marines are killed, a new dropship drops more off.

Great spot for racking up campaign kills on elites, grunts, and jackals.
    Great spot for campaign multikills.
    Great spot for campaign precision weapon kills.
    Great spot for campaign grenade kills.

10. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

Challenges today done in less than a half hour :)

4 more challenges to go for the weekly

#190 Rifte, Nov 25, 2010
  11. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

mucho thanks.
    sounds like a fun way to spend some time when im bored and dont feel like MM

12. MaxSterling

MaxSterling Ancient

Today is a great day to use that for the Leadership Element Challenge... and if you care to, you can keep bombing away to complete the Shootin' and Lootin' challenge as well. I didn't have the patience to sit through it all just bombing away.

I was thinking of trying to get the 100 MM kills, but got in one game and started off with two double kills and was in the lead then a host migration occured and my game was off for the rest of it. Checked my ending medals and the host migration took away one of my double kills. Got discouraged, so I just completed two challenges for today and will go play some Fable 3 now. That gives me 12 of 16 for the weekly with 2 days to go.

13. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

i got the 16 last night so im good,
    im going to try the wraith thing eventually.
    i tried it last night and i couldnt seem to get it off that pier without getting stuck on something.

14. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

Titmar, there is another way to do that where you can just walk away from your TV and it will keep racking up credits. Just do the following, and you don't even need to play while you build these up. I haven't done it myself, but a friend has and he got like 25,000 cR and two onyx's after leaving it there over a two day vacation.

15. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

yea i read about that one yesterday as well...
    i feel like that one is just a little too cheesy for me, im not gonna do it.

16. MaxSterling

MaxSterling Ancient

For anyone looking to complete the Firefight Spree challenge today, you can do it on Gruntpocalypse, you just need to die once.
    There's 120 grunts and you get sprees at 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, and 100. That's 6 sprees. Best bet is to die after you get 50... that way you can easily get 5 more opportunities (7 if you die again) to get the last two sprees.

For the assists, I got that in one game of Sniperfight. Get a map with dropships and be the first to get the first shot on all the dropship guns. Don't waste too much time firing at grunts, jackals and skirmishers unless you're trying to get your score up as well. Just try to seek out brutes and elites and get the first body shots on all of them. You can also use sniperfight for the spree challenge because you will get double the sprees when using the sniper rifle... since sniper rifles have their own set of sprees.

Got my sword kill on Beachhead in Rocketfight. It was nice, too. Since my commendations aren't maxxed out, I'm getting loads of cR for playing the Firefight playlist. Got about 13,000cR for playing three games in the Firefight playlist.

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Today's challenge Pod Kettle Black, looks like it will require you to focus on the drop pods ejecting from below the Corvette around Rally Point Alpha. Instead of destroying the engines, just concentrate on drop pods. Not all will have elites, so you may need to destroy more than 10 drop pods.

You can also use my wraith trick posted earlier in this thread and more or less Firefight a neverending swarm of coveys from dropships in front of the facility entrance to complete the Return of the Mack challenge, maybe get half of them because you'll need another 10 for the Pod Kettle Black challenge and then some more Elites within the Corvette itself. That will be a nice 3,500cR minimum for playing campaign for about 15-30 minutes, then I'll get my 16,000cR for the weekly.

I'll probably move on to Firefight Matchmaking to kill my 30 elites... hopefully sniperfight.

#196 MaxSterling, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  17. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

i LOVE YOU SHROOMZ

Tried four soo long to figure that out <3

18. Lippy

Lippy Ancient

Whats up with the Elite drop pod challenge today? I went to Long Night Of Solace and killed any Elites that came out of pods... nothing.

19. MaxSterling

MaxSterling Ancient

Helps to read...
    Drop pods eject from below the Corvette 6 at a time, in two groups of three. They're very difficult to hit, but it's possible and appear to be worth quite a few points each if you have scoring turned on. Use your ships guns and not the missiles. Missiles will not lock on the drop pods.

It was kinda nice. I completed the campaign level and ended up with 19,500cR.

#199 MaxSterling, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  20. Lippy

Lippy Ancient

Yeah, I figured it out. Easiest challenge of the week by far. Just got my 16,000.