The Chute

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Shock Theta, Feb 27, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

22.2%
  5. 5

77.8%
  1. LIGHTSOUT225

Shock...well done. first and foremost, while doing a forge through the biggest thing that stuck out to me was the chute itself. upon close inspection, you did an AMAZING job. from the inside its constructed flawlessly, from the placement of the cannons and lifts to the interlocking of all those boxes and fence walls. The cannons that barely stick out of the interlocked boxes is pretty cool, and the deployable cover is a great idea. It wasnt until a few minutes in that i actually discovered the shotgun, and i like where it spawns alot. that little ledge there is cool, and the fence ledge opposite it is tight simply for the reason that despite first thinking it was just a sloppy protruding fence wall, you can actually tell that it was intentionally put there just for that. The camo placement was a nice touch also...took me even longer to find it but its the perfect spot for it. Now while I do like the idea of the pallets lining the bottom of the drop boxes, it seems like it would make attacking overwhelmingly difficult. i know it is supposed to be hard, but i could see alot of 0-0 tie games in the future. but you know better than i do, and have probably tested it out unlike me. im sure if it was a hindrance to the flow of the game, you would have gone a different way.

only one very minor thing i noticed that sorta got to me Shock... in the defender's base, the platform with the angled bridges at the ends so you can jump up... on the side closer to camo, it was really difficult to jump up to that angled bridge...was that intended? cause its super easy to get up from the other side. it seemed the 2 bridges were at slightly different angles.

But overall i was extremely impressed. this is the first map of yours i checked out i think and im a big fan already. im stoked to log some matches here.

2. Shock Theta

Shock Theta Father of 4chub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Thank you so much for your forge-through, you obviously put time and thought into it. I'm glad you found the little touches I put in there too.

Now I'll address some of your points:

• Pallets hindering the attackers
      This doesn't have as much impact as you might at first assume, because as long as you have teammates on the ground floor you have a much greater chance of spawning in the neutral area. The pallets still play a role, and I'd recommend using a plasma grenade for expediency and moving in groups primarily using the safer pipes into the brute shot/shotgun areas.

• Angled bridges at different angles
      I wanted one side to be more accessible. You can get onto the 'harder' side quite easily by jumping off the dumpster in the corner nearby.

3. Ty

Ty Guest

Shock do you play this like you did with "The Citadel" if so give me a heads up cuz I wouldn't mind giving this a whirl.

As far as screens go I can't tell how many levels the "chute" covers. I'm assuming it's 3?

4. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

I loved this map!

It was great!

what I liked

-The Chute (of course)

-How the map isn't just based on the chute, it has other cool things

-the gameplay was awesome

Overall: 4.75/5

5. Stormtroopre299

Stormtroopre299 Ancient

The chute is an amazing map, I love just playing slayer on it.

6. Matty

Matty Ancient

The mancannon idea is nothing short of inspiring.

7. Keegano

Keegano Ancient

this is a great map but when i first played i didn't know why it was called the chute then the man cannons spawned and it came to me

8. Dathomsta

Dathomsta Ancient

Nice Job
    I really liked the design of the level and how it wasn't all just about the "chute" very well done

9. Shock Theta

Shock Theta Father of 4chub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Video is up, courtesy of Mr. Asper49!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qsVrmi4_ME&fmt=18"]YouTube- ‪The Chutes - Forge Hub custom Halo 3 map.‬‎[/ame]​

10. Keegano

Keegano Ancient

the chute was great i loved how they dont spawn right off and then when they do you want to get up there rreally fast to hold the high ground

11. Agamer

Agamer Ancient

really nicely done shock.
    its funny because i remember playing this map a long time a go with you and its so much fun and the chute is so amazingly made

12. iLuckyShots

iLuckyShots Ancient

This map is just amazing great job !

13. cellghost206

cellghost206 Ancient

I like shooting **** up the Chute on forge Makes me laugh. *sorta*

14. coolchris007

coolchris007 Ancient

looks cool 3.8/5