The Chute

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Shock Theta, Feb 27, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

22.2%
  5. 5

77.8%
  1. Shock Theta

Shock Theta Father of 4chub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

The Chute
    Created by Shock Theta

The Chute is a map built primarily for one-sided objective and, for the occasional change, infection, but supports all gametypes so by all means try something a little more... radical. You are free to tweak your gametypes as you wish, but it is recommended that you increase the return time for the flag and bomb to its maximum.

The ground floor houses the defensive structures and includes a number of walkways and platforms on various floors. There is a balance between BR range combat and close range which is kept partially distinct by the object placement and ensures that once the objective has been stolen the defenders must close in and engage face to face. The defenders base contains a flamethrower.

A giant chute makes up the imposing central structure and it is from atop here that the attackers descend upon the defenders' base below. There are five routes down to the ground floor - four pipes floored with pallets, and down the chute itself. Destroying the pallets causes broken debris to fall to the ground below and can alert the defenders to your imminent arrival - or it can serve as a diversion. The attackers base contains an Overshield.

A neutral area around the back of the central structure holds narrow corridors that are serviced by two of the pipes. Some of the presents to unwrap here are the active camo and the shotgun. It also doubles as an alternate respawn area.

After a minute the chute activates and propels anyone entering on the ground floor up to the top. You can still creep back down but it requires a slower approach. A quick flag grab often results in a desperate defence at the bottom of the chute as the attackers wait to be whisked back up to score. The deployable cover at its base can be used to temporarily block or hinder the use of the chute as well as providing cover for the attackers bursting out at the start.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qsVrmi4_ME&fmt=18"]YouTube- ‪The Chutes - Forge Hub custom Halo 3 map.‬‎[/ame]​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 Shock Theta, Feb 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2008
  2. rafi 117

rafi 117 Ancient

nice

edit: [was deleted]
    edit #2: there should be a way of destroying/blocking the chute temporarily, like with wood things that can be meleed

3. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

awesome map, havent seen some of the newer changes but i assume it just fixes the old problems and makes it better...

to those who dont know, this came from the 24-hour project, if i remember right, tho it ended up more than 24 hours, most of the map seemed to be pretty done in that time...

download. nooowwwwwwwww

and thats not particularly helpful...please add a little more 'helpful sauce' to ur posts

4. Mikey

Mikey Guest

Do not spam with "First Post!"

This place does not tolerate it...

And Im finally happy to see this posted!

Great job Shock, your maps are epic.

5. Lone Deity

Lone Deity Ancient

I remember the epicness of the v1 of this map, I wonder what changes. One bomb was amazing, so was infection. It was awesome with a small party, I wonder how it'll be with a full party.

6. Shock Theta

There is a deployable cover at the base which can be used for just that purpose. ; )

7. xXmooregamesXx

xXmooregamesXx Ancient

this looks fantastic! I'll check it out when I can... keep up the great work!

8. Aristotle328

Aristotle328 Ancient

so in order for the attackers to score, they have to go up the chute? Or is there an alternate way?
    Looks outstanding btw

9. mattyfromm44

mattyfromm44 Ancient

great map its so unoriginal ( try not to shoot when your in the pipe) :squirrel_jaffa: :squirrel_rubberduck: :( :squirrel_wink:

10. mattyfromm44

mattyfromm44 Ancient

i wish i could play on it but my xbox 360 is getting repaired and my download que is full. i will though play on this map mark my words

11. Shock Theta

There are many routes down, but no alternate way back up apart from the chute itself.

Use the 'Modify' button to edit additional comments into your post to avoid double posting. Thanks. Otherwise I hope you enjoy the map once you download it!

12. Aristotle328

Aristotle328 Ancient

Ok that's what I thought. So there should be some pretty intense gameplay on the bottom level when the attackers have the flag. Can't wait to try it out!

13. Egoender

Egoender Ancient

Looks pretty amazing Shock.

Im lovin the idea of using a giant chute
    to attack.

Never heard of anything like that.

14. Bllasae

Bllasae Ancient

This sounds cool, can anybody recommend this?

15. Spartanx3

Spartanx3 Ancient

Looks great. Ive been working on a map for a while now that has the chute. Mine are used i guess slightly different than yours. I got the idea after i watched a movie on tv that was on a few weeks ago. im not saying so that somebody doesnt steal my idea.

16. CHUCK

CHUCK Why so serious?

My favorite part of this map from the description and pics is the defending while you wait for the chute to start up, gameplay sounds like it gets intense. I can't wait to play!

17. sparten45

sparten45 Ancient

O like the chute and it is very fun

18. MNM1245

MNM1245 Ancient

I like this map! Good job Shock! I would love to see someone waiting at the bottom of the chute before it spawns to get pushed up. That would be funny to see!

19. The Dew

The Dew Ancient

Nice map. Definitly worth a download.

20. The Hudacris

The Hudacris Ancient

Truly a good map. I love the concept and how the chute is merged. Keep it up Shock keep it up