The Bridge

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by fluidmonolith, Jan 21, 2008.

1. fluidmonolith

fluidmonolith Ancient

Map Name - The Bridge [Foundry]

Download - http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=16747423

Tactical map designed for two-team combat and objective gametypes.

Defenders must protect the bridge from attempts to bomb it or take it over. Defenders have multiple routes onto the bridge - an onramp at the far end, a service stairway near the defenders' start point, and a grav lift (equipment) to keep the defenders on their toes. Defenders have access to a plethora of human-based short range and long range weapons, including the sniper rifle, shotgun, and battle rifle, as well as multiple gun turret emplacements. Defenders have used a service tunnel and observation room as their insertion point for this mission. Attaclers have shorter range, high-RPM weapons, as well as explosive projectiles, including SMGs, Spikers, and Rocket Launchers. A Fuel Rod Cannon is also supplied three minutes into the game to give them an added boost. Attackers can take advantage of a pair of Mongooses to make a quick dash for the onramp.

Screenshots

[​IMG] - the onramp territory point
    [​IMG] - from the defenders' side of the bridge
    [​IMG] - spawn area for the attackers
    [​IMG] - use rockets against the defense turrets
    [​IMG] - defense area of the bridge (II)
    [​IMG] - defenders spawn near service tunnels that connect to the surface of the bridge
    [​IMG] - overview of the bridge

Weapons and Tactics

Defenders
    -Battle Rifle
    -Shotgun
    -Magnum
    -Sniper Rifle
    -Machine Gun Turrets
    -Tripmines
    -the high ground

Attackers
    -SMGs
    -Spikers
    -Mauler
    -Rocket Launcher
    -Mongoose
    -Gravity Lift
    -Brute Shot

Designed for asymmetrical games, but equipment and obstacles shuffle around to optimize gameplay for symmetric games and straight up slayer, including. Map will work for ALL gametypes. though symmetric objective games (CTF, Assault, Territories) do not work all that beautifully.

Best Gametypes for Map
    Asymmetrical CTF
    Asymmetrical Assault
    Asymmetrical Territories

If you liked this map, please comment/rate, and check out my file share! I have many more maps and have spent countless hours in Forge making them (probably more time than I've spent actually playing Halo 3...). And check my file share occasionally, I am always working on new maps...

2. or gun ducks

or gun ducks Ancient

looks good and well made ill download and play later

some advice: next time try using the merging object technique to get a smother cleaner, and better looking map design

3. ShadowSnip3r RC

ShadowSnip3r RC Ancient

Well said. Also be sure to clean it up a bit, some things are a bit sloppy but that doesn't detrack from it being a good map. Nice job.

4. Gavintaft433

Gavintaft433 Ancient

looks pretty good qued

5. fluidmonolith

fluidmonolith Ancient

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

I made this map a while ago, before Interlocking Objects was publicly known (as far as I know (or perhaps, more accurately, before I made use of the ForgeHub 101 Guides)). However, I can see what everyone is saying, and it shouldn't be too hard for me to use interlocking objects atleast on the main area of the bridge, to make it look a bit better.