The Battle of Crete (Airborne Assault)

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by cubs199235, Feb 19, 2008.

1. cubs199235

cubs199235 Ancient

The Battle of Crete
    Created by Ostro 7
    [br]
    Supported Gametypes:
    This map only supports the given gametype. Be sure to download it as well.
    [br]
    Map Description
    The Battle of Crete: Perform your duties as an Airborne Elite!

This map was inspired by the game Medal of Honor Airborne, if any of you have ever played it. One team begins the match on the ground, defending a base, while another team begins the match in a plane like structure (it doesn't really look like a plane). The plane structure has four man cannons launching you into the air as if you were dropping from the sky. I have figured out a way to make the spartan fall slower, this way it seems like you actually have a parachute. Drop into the enemy base or into the trenches and defeat the opposing forces.

This map is only compatible with one gametype and you can dowload it here. This gametype is specifically made for this map and the map is virtually unplayable without the gametype. Be sure to download it!
    [br]
    [br]
    But don't get out
    [​IMG]
    [br]
    The Main Base
    [​IMG]
    [br]
    Inside of the Trench
    [​IMG]
    [br]
    Outside of the Trech
    [​IMG]
    [br]
    Inside of the Main Base
    [​IMG]
    [br]
    War Heroes (Paratroopers)
    [​IMG]
    [br]
    All in all, I believe that this is a solid map. It makes for something different and new. Dropping from the sky is something I have always wanted in a video game, but MOH ARiborne didn't quite do it for me. I hope you all like it. Please leave feedback and constructive criticism.
    [br]
    Download The Battle of Crete
    Download Airborne Assault
    [br]
    Check out my other maps:
    Rouen, France - Inspired by the COD 3 map, Rouen
    Turbine - An action packed, close quarters map located in an evacuated power plant
    The Battle of Crete - Dop from the sky and successfully perform your duties as a paratrooper
    The Pipe - You better not fall off! There are aliens down there!
    Anti-King - You sure don't want to be in this hill!

2. S4TIRICAL

S4TIRICAL Ancient

Wow that is a great idea! I really like the idea of the parachute effect but wouldn't it be slightly unfair for the attacking team as they can be shot down easily? (or maybe that is the whole point) depends on what weapons you've placed really. But great idea and I shall be checking it out soon!

3. Napster9801

Napster9801 Ancient

the attackers get a custom powerup that lowers gravity and increases their shields and health.

It was pretty unfair before ostro 7 added the extra health effect because, yeah, you would get shot down instantly.

4. cubs199235

cubs199235 Ancient

yeah, make sure that you DL the gametype as well, otherwise, there will not be as much of a parachute effect, also, people will get mowed down striaght out of the air

5. Napster9801

Napster9801 Ancient

yeah, for some reason only 2/3 of the people that download the map, download the gametype.
    der-de der!

6. Blazen Nite

Blazen Nite Ancient

This is a great idea for a map! Finally, a standoff map that isn't just aesthetic.

7. cubs199235

cubs199235 Ancient

yeah, that was the goal. lol. yeah napster is right. be sure to DL the gametype as well

8. mrod009

mrod009 Ancient

this wouldve been much cooler if it was real assault. u should put up a gametype for that

9. Apple

Apple Ancient

Dude this is COOL so playing this!!