The Anime & Manga Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ♥ Sky, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Goat

Goat Rock Paper Scissors Scrap
    Forge Critic Senior Member

ohai there's an animu thread

2. Yumudas Beegbut

Yumudas Beegbut Legendary
    Wiki Contributor Senior Member

Indeed. *adjusts glasses with middle finger*

I don't know the terms like ecchi, but I haven't objected to (or failed to enjoy) anything with pervertive humor yet so I'm sure it's all good. What was the one about a world without crude jokes? Shimoneta or something? Ugh, my memory is junk. Finished Jojo today. Good time to try Soro, if I have access I guess.

Jehuty likes this.
  3. boomerdude

boomerdude Ancient

you must be new here. ;)

Yumudas Beegbut likes this.
  4. Jehuty

Jehuty Legendary

More like this thread was buried until I bumped it.

5. Merder Smerf

Merder Smerf UCC:Forge

6. boomerdude

boomerdude Ancient

[​IMG]

oh, and in response to my post last August. I've been finished one piece. And since then I've watched monogatari series... caught up in gintama... one punch man... nisekoi season 2... rolling girls... hibike... my love story... rewatched monthly girls... oh god... it's been so long and I need to keep a list.

Auburn likes this.
  7. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub

[​IMG]

Me when I heard the Hunter X Hunter Hiatus might end

8. Jehuty

Jehuty Legendary

[​IMG]

I will be avenged.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 19, 2016 ---
    Boku No Pico. Best anime, you should watch it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 19, 2016 ---
    Never got into HxH, though it was popular in BSN's anime thread. I might have to try again in the near future.

9. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

So, Boku dake ga Inai Machi; I recommend it to anybody fishing for something good in the sea of deviance that is modern anime.

Also, hi.

10. Aschur

Yeah, that one is actually probably my favorite new show this season.

Welcome back, I'm trying to get the old gang back together, it's sorta working.

11. boomerdude

boomerdude Ancient

I've planned to watch Erased. I'm hearing both that it's art and crap.

12. Aschur

I'm not going to say that it's perfect, but it definitely is a nice change of pace this season, having a fairly good serious anime.

On a different note, KonoSuba is gonna be getting a second season; Heavens Feel arc of Fate/Stay is coming in 2017... and Berserk is getting the non golden age made into something (either movie or anime, can't remember)

[​IMG]

13. purely fat

purely fat The Fattest Forger

Someone say HunterxHunter is coming back? This calls for infinite fat symbols.:fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat::fat: i'll finish some other time.

14. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

still hasn't watched Fate

15. boomerdude

boomerdude Ancient

HOLY COW
    WHAT

16. Jehuty

Jehuty Legendary

So I've been watching Season 2 of Aldnoah.Zero, and so far it's been a very mixed bag. I need to finish the last episode.

+Plot is solid
    +Some of the mech designs are... unique.
    +Awesome OST
    +Good animation
    +Awesome action
    +Takes the Gundam formula and twists it: This time, the bad guys get the overpowered mechs.
    +Some of the Orbital Knights were solid characters.

-Dull characters that are boring and underwhelming. Slaine is the only decent character it feels like.
    -That's not how PTSD works, people.
    -Main character is a combat stu like Lelouch, but unlike Lelouch, is boring, dull, shallow and overall unremarkable. He wins every confrontation it feels like.
    -Some of the villains (Orbital Knights) are generic bad guys in overpowered mechs.
    -While I mentioned unique mech designs, some of them are super stupid.
    -Season 01's underwhelming and troll ending.

Rating: 6/10
    Watch? Yes

17. Soldat Du Christ

Soldat Du Christ Legendary

Clannad
    Spice & Wolf
    TMOHS
    TPGOSS
    Naruto

Always have a special place in my heart

Auburn likes this.
  18. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

S&W was awesome. Have you seen the second season?

and what's tpgoss?

Soldat Du Christ likes this.
  19. Soldat Du Christ

Soldat Du Christ Legendary

Yeah i didn't like it as much as the first of course, but still hopefull for a 3rd season.

The pet girl of sakurasou, start off pretty generic but gets better as you go.

I have way to many favorite animes to remember all of them lol. Those just came to mind on the spot, oh and angel beats and death note of course

20. TAYPH00N

TAYPH00N Legendary

i came here to recruite halo buddys, but now i see that theres a thread for my real passion and all i can say is that "Legend of the galactic heroes" is my favorite anime of all time its like game of thrones in space..for more stuff i like u can check out my Anilist i have over 800 anime listed and over 700 rated

LINK: http://anilist.co/user/TAYPH00N

Doctor Squishy likes this.