The Anime & Manga Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ♥ Sky, Feb 9, 2012.

1. ♥ Sky

♥ Sky I Beat the old Staff!

Best of the four. Also, Ruby has a proper loli voice!

+rep for ass shot at the beginning.

2. Waterfall

Waterfall Promethean

Just finished code geass: lelouch of the rebellion, now im on to r2 which i guess is the equivelant of a second season.

3. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

technically its a sequel, but its viewed by most as just a second season. I prefer R2 to the first, it gets more into the geass stuff and it gets a little weird at the end.

4. ♥ Sky

Guilty Crown time!

The ending to Another was very unexpected!

5. Waterfall

Waterfall Promethean

Very unexpected indeed. I am about halfway through R2 of code geass now. There were some things i never expected( also, in the first episode i was confused for a while, i was like:

wait, what happened to louloosh? Why is he back in school living a normal life etc... But now i know.

6. ♥ Sky

So, Finally Started Guilty Crown! :D Loving it so far, I'm beginning to like a lot of the newer Mecha anime, I was never keen o some of the OTT older stuff like some of the Gundams but the newer stuff like Kakumeki Valvrave and Suisei no Gargantia is really catching my eye.

PhotoKano is still plotless but full of fanservice.

7. Waterfall

Waterfall Promethean

So i just finished code geass r2. (June 5th)Defiantly a great series.

I spent a descent amount of time annoyed that lelouch left the black knights and turned against everybody. I wanted lelouch to prevail in his mission. But in a way that was revealed only in the last episode, he did. He got what he wanted, but in a much different way then i thought. I was also glad to see that he was not hated by those who knew him most personally(Nunnuly, Suzaku, Colin)

Started watching clannad: i must say it is way up there on my list of favorites i have never been so moved by an anime before clannad. Its sad. Fuko is so adorable its kind of funny actually how childish she is.

at the time i am writing this i am up to episode 10. As i watched the wedding scene when Fuko disappeared it was so sad i was astonished to see a tear land on the screen of my ipod.

Watched up to episode 20
    so i finally understand what the robot is the one from the beginning of some episodes, it is the story of the play that Nagisa wants to do, which i guess is called Clannad.(just a prediction) anyways at this point i am glad that the story is following Nagisa more than all the other girls after Tomaya(idk how to spell it) sure they are nice but i think Nagisa is more important

8. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

#1608 Auburn, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  9. Waterfall

Waterfall Promethean

Yes, i intend to finish the series today, then start afterstory. After that i plan on watching elfen lied it seems like it is good.

10. Aschur

Valvrave is a really good mech anime so far.

11. Waterfall

Waterfall Promethean

Just finished Clannad

what the hell is with the ending?! Did i watch it in the wrong order? One episode(episode 23) tomoya is dating Nagisa and they are very happy, next episode(24, the final episode) he is dating tomoyo, Nagisa was never mentioned again...

edit: found an explanation online:Episode 24 is an OVA so it is completely seperate from the series. Entirely different and unrelated to the main series.

So the true ending is he is still with Nagisa. It's just for that one episode, they explored the other possibility. They did the same thing with the Kyou OVA. It's what may have happened had Nagisa never existed.

#1611 Waterfall, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  12. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

13. ♥ Sky

Still need to watch Evangellion, should I watch the series or just the movies?

14. Aschur

You would be fine with just the movies, but like other series done the same way, the movies do leave out some of the lesser details and plot points. The better animation is a fair tradeoff for it in my opinion.

15. Waterfall

Waterfall Promethean

So i have been watching Clannad Afterstory.

Drunk Nagisa is awesome

I like how this is following the home life and shows how much the characters have progressed from their familiar high school persona.

When Nagisa dies giving birth i was so sad. I only didn't cry because i was watching when i was distracted and partially thinking of other things, i am sure if i had paying full attention i would have gotten a very salty shower.

Ushiho is rather cute, she is just like Nagisa.

I don't want Tomoya to be like his father was to him with Ushiho, i hope they develop a good relationship(i am up to episode 18 at the time of writing this.

Just finished afterstory(6/12/13)

Gfhsrgdrj sorry, i was wiping the tea- i mean... Ahem... It was a pleasing ending.

I will watch the movie tonight then i will begin on elfen lied.

edit: finished elfen lied. Twas good good meaning to the end
    the music, which represents lucy stops saying lucy is gone but the clock,representing nyuu(because she liked the clock) started indicationg that nyuu/lucy began a new life with the "family"

16. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

like Aschur mentioned, they both have something the other lacks but have the same general plotline (although the movie series is starting to break away from the original plot), so you could watch either one really. I would personally watch the series along with the End of Evangelion movie, though, just because it goes into more detail than the movies do. EoE is an awesome movie, too.

The alternative ending saved my feels. Glad you like it, mang.

#1616 Auburn, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  17. ♥ Sky

Lol 8x2 you watch stuff fast.

Finished Guilty Crown not sure about the ending:

Was he blind or was that just a walking stick?

18. Aschur

I honestly don't remember the end of GC. I need to watch that again.

19. ♥ Sky

As I fiinised GC early I'm finally gonna start on Attack on Titan. When Crunchyroll streaming on my xbox isn't ****.

20. Waterfall

Waterfall Promethean

I have been watching mirai nikki but i keep getting distracted so i have been on episode 10 for like, two days now...