The Anime & Manga Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ♥ Sky, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

How is this version in terms of the coloring and background along with the text?

[​IMG]

2. ♥ Sky

♥ Sky I Beat the old Staff!

To be honest, I prefered it when all the characters were in colour, they look a bit bland in black and white. I also think "manga" could do with a different colour change. I like the rest.

3. Zigywig

Zigywig Forerunner

It looks too dark, and it looks odd with that girl in the front being in color while the rest are in black and white. I like the origional better.

Also, just started watching HotD because Sky told me that the animation was good and has a more focused plot.

4. Aschur

Alright, gave the crew their color back. Albeit, only half of it because I wanted Haruhi to still stand out. I can always put it back to full color if needed.

[​IMG]

HotD is good. Has a bit of over the top boob physics in it, but its good still.

EDIT: Added a tad more vibrance and color to the background to alleviate it feeling a little dark.

[​IMG]

You guys can let me know when I hit something acceptable, I'll stop then, otherwise I will keep making tweaks to it.

EDIT 2: Made some small tweaks pertaining to the depth of field, I slightly blurred the further back characters like Ryuk to add some depth, also added a VERY slight gradient to the text.

[​IMG]

Currently listening to some of what is possibly the girliest anime theme songs ever to exist. Seems to be helping.

EDIT 3: From now on, I'm putting anything related to the banner into spoilers, just to try and keep things organized a little bit for my own sake.

#144 Aschur, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  5. ♥ Sky

I'm definitely liking the second edit, the third not so much as you've blurred some of the characters. I think the second one is almost there. Throw in some green on the background and see how it looks?

6. Aschur

Banner talk:
    By throw some green on the background do you mean in addition to what is already there? Because if that is the case, I just tried it and it makes it looks too busy and I personally don't like it, I will put pics at the bottom in spoilers so you can see what I mean.

If you don't mean that and instead meant for me to replace one of the pre-existing colors in the background, such as the pink hues, with green. I tried that as well, and while being biased towards having some form of pink or purple in it, it doesn't look as bad as when the pink, blue and green are in it.

Also, I softened the blur on Ryuk to the same degree as I blurred Vegeta. I do intend on keeping the blurring, but since you mentioned it being something you didn't like about the third edit I will lessen the degree to which it is there.

Pics to show the background options with or without green. (blurring changes haven't been made yet)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My reasoning behind keeping the blurring to some extent is that I can only simulate distance so much with shrinking the characters, at some point I HAVE to blur them to make them look further behind. Otherwise it would be a stale lineup shoulder to shoulder.

I will say currently my favorite version is the second image in the spoiler in this post.

#146 Aschur, Feb 20, 2012
  7. ♥ Sky

I like the first one the most now. I think when you're done with that one, I'd be happy to put it up.

Does anyone else watch Angel Beats? I really want to know what other peoples opinions on the story and Angel are. I've just watched episode 6 and I'm really getting into it but its a little confusing as to the main storyline plot.

8. Aschur

Banner talk:
    ugh, that's the one I like the least... How about this one, same colors just some saturation tweaks to make it something I can bear.

[​IMG]

As for Angel Beats, I can't voice my opinions too much because I actually know some things that you will find out if you just continue watching it and I don't feel like being a **** and spoiling it.

Aaaaand, it's time for this dude to go to sleep now. I'll be back to work on the banner in around... 8-12 hours.

#148 Aschur, Feb 20, 2012
  9. Zigywig

Zigywig Forerunner

Just finished watching HotD ep 9, and Aschur was right when there was over the top boob action in it.

And I put this in a spoiler, for the sake of spoilers.
    I now know why Saeko sounds like psycho.

10. Aschur

I think its about that time of year, time for me to do my annual Deathnote marathon. I only do it once a year just so I don't get sick of it. I will probably follow up with watching something completely different genre like One Piece or Toriko.

11. ¯\(°_o)/¯

¯\(°_o)/¯ Ancient

I saw a couple animes once, maybe. I could list what I've seen/read, but I'm a casual.

I feel as though I'm gonna get flak for saying this, but what the hell. I'm mainly just following K-On at the moment.

12. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

lol. Don't worry, I followed K-on! at one point too. I only managed about four episodes though.

13. COMMANDERMATT1

COMMANDERMATT1 Ancient

I've watched K-On season 1, and 2 and enjoyed it. Can't say it's my favorite but it's a decent Anime to watch. I'm -somewhat- ashamed to admit it but I watch a lot of "girly" cheesy Romance/Comedy Anime and never bothered watching the mainstream Anime that a lot of people watch.

Also, concerning Angel Beats, I really liked that Anime, it's definitely on my list of "favorites" and honestly I'm not even sure why I liked it so much. I think I liked it a lot mostly because I it was funny and had bits of action that was pretty nice.

14. Aschur

Banner roster changes:
    At the request of sky, I attempted to replace vegeta with Angel from Angel Beats, I haven't found a render that works well yet so for the time being I have some options as replacements. I also would like to replace Vash with Celty from Durarara. So, I made to versions to show the options, I paired Celty and Yuno from the ongoing anime "Mirai Nikki" and Paired Vash and Misaki from the currently airing anime "Another".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For those who haven't seen Durarara, Celty is a woman and you never see her face.

15. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

I'm really liking the second banner, a lot.

16. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

does pikachu....fit in that

17. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

The first one looks great with the addition of Celty, but Pikachu is starting to look like the odd one out, lol.

18. Aschur

Banner changes:
    Removed Pikachu, paired Celty with Misaki for this one just so people can see if they like this pairing better. No other changes this update.

[​IMG]

On a semi-related note, if you guys like horror/mystery anime then you should watch "Another". (The anime from which Misaki is in) You should note that it is ongoing, so you won't be able to finish it in one day or week or whatever because you'll have to wait for new episodes just like me.

#158 Aschur, Feb 21, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  19. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Looks better with Pikachu IMO.

20. Aschur

What about that pairing, is it better or worse than the Vash one in your opinion?

EDIT: Banner change:
    Sky found an acceptable Angel render, put her in the placement of Vegeta/Misaki/Yuno. Will attempt to find room for Misaki/Yuno elsewhere.

[​IMG]

#160 Aschur, Feb 21, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012