The Anime & Manga Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ♥ Sky, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Waterfall

Waterfall Promethean

2. Waterfall

Waterfall Promethean

That looks interesting I'm going to have to check that out.

3. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

persona 4? thats actually kinda old. But if you like that you'd probably like Devil Survivor 2. it is currently ongoing and is by the same people that made persona 4, and has the same art style (and story themes)

4. Zemmiphobiac

Zemmiphobiac Promethean

I tried watching the first episode actually but didn't care for it. Although Devil Survivor 2 is based of the Shin Megami Tensei game I'm more a fan of the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona Series. The 'Demons' they summon in Devil Survivor 2 are the same as some of the Personas but I just couldn't get into it. I'm not a big anime fan and more just a Persona fan. I just finished watching Persona: Trinity Soul last Friday as well which was a somewhat sequel to Persona 3 although it has no direct ties and just features a single character from P3 10 years later. I would highly recommend Persona 4: The Animation especially to people who are new to anime since it isn't super foreign like some anime, has a good graphic style, and great voice acting (considering the VA's did an 80+ hour game they are very familiar with their characters). As usual P4 has the great plot twists that the Persona series is known for. I liked Trinity Soul much more than I expected I would but sadly there is only a subbed version and it never got an English dub. Trinity Soul is much darker than P4 and doesn't feature as much comedy which is what some people really like. It's much more depressing and series as well but both have plot twists that will leave your jaw hanging and your only remark being "Da Fuq!?!" A trailer recently came out as well for part one of the Persona 3 movie that is being released which I'm very excited for(Hopefully they wont make the mistake they did with the horrible hour and a half summary of an 80+ hour game in a movie that was Persona 4: The Factor of Hope.)

Some Miscellaneous Persona vids for those of you unfamiliar with the series

P4: The Animation Opening:
    Persona 4 The Animation OP HD with subs - Sky's The Limit on Vimeo
    Crappy Persona: Trinity Soul Trailer(The show is much better than this video makes it out to be using only non-spoiler clips from the first episode):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D03c9Ipi9UU
    Initial Teaser Trailer for Persona 3: Spring of Rebirth that is premiering this fall:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWFlUOR11SE

(It only let me link one video so I'll just include the first one here)
    [video=vimeo;33960686]http://vimeo.com/33960686[/video]

#1564 Zemmiphobiac, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
  5. Aschur

it saddens me that you judge an entire series on a single episode, when you know full well that it any shin megami tensei series doesnt start off strong, but rather builds up as it goes.

Though, there is a difference between the persona series and any other SMT stuff, the persona stuff is alot more about characters than the others (hence "persona"). The others, such as the Devil survivor series were more about the story.

But hey, it's your opinion, so w/e.

#1565 Aschur, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
  6. Zemmiphobiac

Zemmiphobiac Promethean

Yeah like I said I'm just a big Persona fan. I'm not judging the whole series. The reason I watched the persona shows is because I'm a huge fan of the games. I don't care as much for the normal SMT games so the shows aren't as entertaining to me. I'm just not one to go out of my way to watch and anime. The rest of the series might be great but I'm just not as familiar with the base content.

7. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

8. Gr4phix

Gr4phix Ancient

Question:

How would a cripple or disabled person play SAO?

I'm rewatching the series and I started thinking if it was real. Would I be able to play, properly? I still have the nerves to move my leg, but it hasn't bent regularly in 4 years. I haven't walked regularly in 4 years. Would I be able to play at all, or would it do the reverse and actually HELP me?

Just a random thought, and wasn't sure where else to ask. Continue with your regular anime talk.

9. Aschur

well, the Nervgear reads your brainwaves, so it should work even if you didnt have legs anymore. The brain still sends signals to move those body parts even if they are immobile or no longer there, that is why some amputees have phantom sensations in the limbs they lost.

So, unless it is a brain problem that is crippling them, they should be able to play just as fine as any other person.

Anyways, Aubz that reminds me so much of Gantz. It started as a niche manga and got an anime after getting popular, and shortly after the anime, they made live action movies. Werent that bad either. I'll definitely watch this, would love to see a live action Berserk movie adaptation.

#1569 Aschur, May 17, 2013
    Last edited: May 17, 2013
  10. ♥ Sky

♥ Sky I Beat the old Staff!

Need to watch Attack on Titan, I got wrapped up in Suisei no Gargantia and Saukraso no Pet na Kanojou, I'm also re-watching SAO for the giggles. The UTW subbing group's site is down, so no Railgun until they fix it :/

11. Aschur

Attack on Titan is just getting to the good part, the end of this episode was the beginning of the ****ing awesome part of the manga.

12. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

13. Aschur

I remember hearing about that and looking for it a bit ago, I failed and never got a chance to see it, I might try again since that was before the second berserk golden age movie was out (methinks)

But since you liked it that is reassuring.

Edit: Found it, I remember it now, I didnt only have trouble finding it, the reason I gave up was because the copy I found had out of sync audio. This copy was better, and I actually finished ep1 just now, definitely good, I'll finish it for sure now.

#1573 Aschur, May 21, 2013
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
  14. Waterfall

Waterfall Promethean

Watching fairy tale ATM but i keep getting distracted.

15. ♥ Sky

♥ Sky I Beat the old Staff!

I started Sakuraso no Pet na Kanajo for some reason...
    It's.... different.

Need to find a good Guilty Crown link, anyone know where?

16. Aschur

I can pm one to you if you still need one

17. Dreaddraco2

Dreaddraco2 Ancient

Started watching, the titans look derpy as ****

18. Aschur

I dont want to spoil anything, but not all of them do.

19. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

The large one actually looked pretty cool, IMO. The humanlike ones were creepy as hell.

20. Aschur

Spoilers incoming:

In the manga, there is a large hairy one (kinda like sasquatch) that can talk. He is totally not friendly either.