The Anime & Manga Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ♥ Sky, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Waterfall

Waterfall Promethean

Will check it out can I get a link to the sequel?

I watched season 1 and two.

2. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Ah, there are only two seasons. I meant the sequel to the first, haha. There are 17 volumes released those continuing the story, if you're willing to read those.

3. ♥ Sky

♥ Sky I Beat the old Staff!

So, Christmas has been and gone, got me two more Manga Volumes.

[​IMG]

Also, Crunchyroll is now available as an app on XBL! So you can now stream anime straight to your Xbox, in HDas well if you pay a bit of money a month.

#1323 ♥ Sky, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  4. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub

It isnt started yet, but Maoyuu Maou Yuusha (Demon Queen and the Hero). Its supposed to be similar to spice and wolf. It has actually be described as Dragonquest (the videogame franchise) meets spice and wolf, so I would expect more action out of this one but the same sort of strange romance between two characters very different from one anothe

5. Waterfall

Waterfall Promethean

Maybe I'm a bit late but death note is excellent.

Anyways I just watched the first episode of katanagatari and I must say, I'm impressed. New art style(for me at least) and the plot(storyline not boobs) seems to be good so far.

6. Aschur

Deathnote is excellent for ~3/4's of the series, and is mediocre for the other 4th. I would say exactly when it stops being excellent, but it would be a massive spoiler.

Also Waterfall, I would suggest Dusk Maiden of Amnesia also, if you liked Spice and Wolf. Its a bit different in is subject matter, but they both evoked some strong emotions from me, so at least give it a look.

7. Waterfall

Waterfall Promethean

After I finish katanagatari I will look at this. I'm already on episode 4(I think there are 12)

8. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

Top 25 Best Anime Movies:
    1. Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance
    2. K-ON! Movie
    3. Summer Wars
    4. Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone
    5. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
    6. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
    7. Castle in the Sky
    8. Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha THE MOVIE 1st
    9. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
    10. Spirited Away
    11. Detective Conan: Crossroad in the Ancient Capital
    12. Crayon Shin-chan: The Storm Called: The Adult Empire Strikes Back
    13. Strike Witches: The Movie
    14. Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie Part I: Beginnings / Part II: Eternal
    15. Kiki’s Delivery Service16. Princess Mononoke
    17. My Neighbor Totoro
    18. Detective Conan: Countdown to Heaven
    19. The Wolf Children Ame and Yuki
    20. InuYasha the Movie: The Castle Beyond the Looking Glass
    21. One Piece: Strong World
    22. Detective Conan: The Raven Chaser
    23. Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shamballa
    24. Pokemon: The First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back
    25. CardCaptor Sakura The Movie 2: The Sealed Card

This is a pretty good list IMO. Not surprised with K-ON, haha. I guess I can't judge it before I watch it though.

#1328 Auburn, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  9. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

Yet another bullshit list. Where is Akira? Ghost in the Shell? Two movies without wich Anime would not be as big as it is today.

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, Bood: The last Vampire and many others that are more deserving to be on that list than One piece or Pokemon.

10. ♥ Sky

I NEED the Madoka Magica movies NOW!

I agree with Waylander, Pokemon movies are rubbish in general, 3 was fairly good but the rest I've found to be full of plot holes and obvious outcomes. I loved the K-On movie, they go to London and everything! The English people are sooooooo badly voiced, they all sound so cockney and stupid, as if they've got some recordings from the streets of London cabbies and stuck them in there. Funny though. Yui not knowing London was in Europe was enough to have me in stitches.

11. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

For what's there, I thought it was a pretty good list although I agree that it is missing some essentials. The End of Evangelion was much better than the rebuild series movies, IMO. Still, I would say others like Nausicaa, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, and Summer Wars are on par with Akira, if not better.

I love the Pokemon movies for some reason, haha. Probably for the same reason I enjoyed the series when I was a kid. The movies get worse as they go, though. Same with Dragonball Z and any other mainstream anime like that.

12. Aschur

Sword of the Stranger belongs on that list SO much. Top 5 easily.

13. Wakko45

Wakko45 Ancient

So I just finished Sword Art Online and I have to say wow that was amazing. I really hope they add more seasons to that.

I was kind of disappointed that they left Aincrad (SAO) around episode 14 to go to Alfheim because I loved the seriousness about the not being able to die. I also liked the world itself better (no wings, no magic, idk just felt better). But I have to say it was an unexpected twist to have it change like that and I did enjoy the Alfheim Arc a lot too. I'm excited that they were going to Aincrad again at the end of the last episode. I hope if they do another season that they'll do it there (doubt it though). Seems like in the Manga the next place they go is Gun Gale. Not sure how I'll like the change from swords to guns as the main weapon but we'll see.

I think I'll take your guys' reccommendations and watch Death Note next.

14. ♥ Sky

15. Waterfall

Waterfall Promethean

So I just finished katanagatari and I must say I loved it:

they really made me care for the characters and when togame was shot I was angry, I wanted Shichika to kill Emonzaemon for killing togame but then I learned that she was only going to betray Shichika. I feel the ending was very appropriate now but while I was watching I really did not know what to think.

Onto the next series.

Edit:

Just finished dusk maiden of amnesia(in one day) thank you very much for suggesting it because it was truely amazing.

when yuuko started to dissappear at the end I was truely sad and when she suprised the other main character(forgot how to spell his name) I shouted out from happiness very excellent job they did

To the next series

#1335 Waterfall, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  16. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

Damn, that's like six hours of straight anime, hahaha. I can only watch about four episodes consecutively before I have to take some kind of break. If you're still taking suggestions, you could try Baccano or Toradora. Here's a little 30 minute movie that's pretty damn good too, if you want to give it a shot. I made a resolution to finish Fate before this month is over. I could normally manage something like that pretty quickly, but I've been stuck on One Piece for the past couple weeks.

I'm pretty pumped for Kizumonogatari, Nekomonogatari, and that AnoHana movie. Ore no Kanojo looks pretty good as well.

#1336 Auburn, Jan 2, 2013
  17. Waterfall

Waterfall Promethean

Haha, I didn't watch it all in one go. I watched 1-9 went to sleep for 4 hours(it was still the same day) then I watched the rest.

I really enjoyed it. I will watch that movie when I get home.

18. ♥ Sky

So, I made a resolution to watch one anime series a month, on top of the usual series I'm going to watch

Here's a list of what I've got planned so far:

Jan - Hanasaku Iroha
    Feb - Tari Tari
    Mar - Katanagatari
    Apr - Love Hina
    May - Another
    Jun - Guilty Crown
    Jul - Btoom!
    Aug - School Days
    Sep - Kids on the Slope
    Oct - Level E
    Nov - Welcome to the NHK
    Dec - AnoHana

#1338 ♥ Sky, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  19. Waterfall

Waterfall Promethean

If this list I have only seen katanagatari

I just got into watching anime.

I'm watching the movie posted above now. Will edit in thoughts after.

Edit: my thoughts on the above video:

it was okay I really wish that there was more character development, the characters were very insipid and repetitive to me. Otherwise it was okay.

#1339 Waterfall, Jan 2, 2013
  20. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

mhm, I agree. I wish it were longer, but that seems to be as far as that series will go. Nonetheless, things did happen quickly and character development was pretty much nonexistent. What hooks me to that movie is the simple animation and interesting story, I just love both aspects.