The Anime & Manga Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ♥ Sky, Feb 9, 2012.

1. ♥ Sky

♥ Sky I Beat the old Staff!

Assuming there's an anime series?

2. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

yes, there is an anime series to it as well.

3. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

The manga is pretty good, though.

NHK ni youkoso! - OP [Creditless] (

I want to watch that series again now, lol. Now that I think about it, I haven't watch any exceptionally good anime since this or Arakawa Under the Bridge.

Where the hell did Orange go?

#1223 Auburn, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  4. Aschur

I woul say I like SAO, but it honestly isnt one of the ones that I would call exceptional, it and Fate/zero rate as ****ing awesome but since they are more action based I dont think as highly of them as maybe... Steins;gate or Monster.

5. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

I agree, SAO was good, but not something I could see my self rewatching in the future. I completely forgot about Steins;Gate though. That was a fantastic anime though I couldn't see myself rewatching that either. It's hard for me to enjoy those mystery, thriller type anime again given I know what the conclusion will be.

Does anybody know when Kizumonogatari will be released? I could have sworn they said some time in teh fall of this year. I'm tempted to go find translated copies of the novels to read for that series.

I found a new anime that looks pretty damn good called Shinsekai Yori. It definately looks promising and the ED, in particular, looks amazing.

6. ♥ Sky

Finally got to watch the Haruhi Movie. I liked it, good story and lots of content.

7. Aschur

**** man, Steins;gate is great a second time through, you notice all kinds of details that actually hint at what is going to happen next, ad they were there the whole time. I've watched it at least 6 times, same with Deathnote... but deathnote just gets lame after a while cause you know the ending, so I get where you are coming from.

But still, stuff like Steins;gate, Monster, Ghost in the Shell, FMA: Brotherhood, are all the types of things I can watch a second/third/fourth time and still enjoy as much, if not more than the first time.

Stuff like SAO, Guilty Crown, and Fate/zero unfortunately kinda lose their awesomeness over time. I'd really like to try watching Mirai Nikki again to see how it fairs.

8. BWO Kilroy

BWO Kilroy Ancient

The Disappearance?

I have had that on my to watch list for a while but never got around to it.

9. ♥ Sky

Yeah, I found a great HD Dubbed link on youtube. It's the best part of 2 [sup]3[/sup]/[sub]4[/sub] hours long. It exceeded my expectations in both content and quality, even if Haruhi's dub voice really grates on me. Minor Mikuru fanservice too (Y).

Black Rock Shooter Movie Done. Not bad for just under an hour.

#1229 ♥ Sky, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  10. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

I watched the OP for Mirai Nikki and wanted to watch the series again, hahaha. Yuno scared me, but I loved that anime. It's funny, I have seen a good 2/3 of Death Note but not in order. I was watching it when it was on Adult Swim, so I would miss a show occasionally.

The Disappearance of Haruhi is great. It unveils a lot of the myeteries that were in the series and is one hell of a movie.

Top 10 Memorable Rivals:
    1. Sakata Gintoki & Takasugi Shinsuke (Gintama)
    2. Date Masamune & Sanada Yukimura (Sengoku Basara)
    3. Son Goku & Vegeta (Dragon Ball)
    4. Yagami Light & L (Death Note)
    5. Lelouch Lamperouge & Kururugi Suzaku (Code Geass)
    6. Lupin III & Koichi Zenigata (Lupin III)
    7. Uzumaki Naruto & Uchiha Sasuke (Naruto)
    8. Kazuma & Ryuhou (s-Cry-ed)
    9. Amuro Ray & Char Aznable (Mobile Suit Gundam)
    10. Hikaru Shindo & Akira Toya (Hikaru no Go)

No Jin&Mugen or Spike&Vicious is lame.

11. Aschur

Most of the shows going on right now are things I doubt will be any decent watching over again, SAO, Psycho-pass, Robotics notes. One I think WILL be good over and over again is Btooom! since it is following the manga damn spot on, and it reminds me of Gantz ( which I rewatch a bunch)

Though, I probably will rewatch all of them anyways (except robotics notes... I dont really like it much.)

12. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

I'm worried to start watching this after I already started the manga as I feel that certain details are always cut out in anime adaptions. The problem is that the manga has started updating very slowly as of late. That's the primary reason that I won't watch KissxSis. The manga updates once about every month or two though :(

The anime I mentioned earlier, Shinsekai Yori, is fantastic. It's currently ongoing, but I would definately recommend it based on what I have seen so far.

#1232 Auburn, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  13. Aschur

Well, certainly there will be differences, and it will most likly be the same way that Gantz was, in that the manga is like 600+ chapters and the anime stops where it makes sense and isnt incredibly insane yet. I see that happenin with this too, they will just expedite things a tad and then end it before all the **** hits the fan and characters go insane.

14. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

That's what I'm worried about, hahaha. I have this peeve about missing anything they might have left out due to episode count constraints. I may begin watching it soon if they no more chapters are released any time soon, though.

Apparantly the new Evangelion movie is a huge cluster of confusion like End of Evangelion was. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing, hahaha.

15. ♥ Sky

Watching Clannad, I've laughed more than had the feeling to cry. I hope it's not all like this for me, I'd rather like my soul to remain intact.

16. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

The After Story is when it gets sad. The first season is pretty sad but nothing in comparison to the next.

If you don't cry, I will give you +1burnheal.

17. BWO Kilroy

BWO Kilroy Ancient

Ahhg, After Story..

Why can't I hold all those feels?

18. ♥ Sky

I nearly cried at the end of episode 6. I could sort of see it coming but the way it was done was rather tear-jerking. Tears soon.

19. COMMANDERMATT1

COMMANDERMATT1 Ancient

I had a Anime watching marathon with one of my lady friends and we burned through Clannad/After Story and once it was all over (She never watched it before) she cried for awhile. I still get the tear-jerking moments watching it even though I've watched it like 4 times now.

In other Anime news, I'm watching two new streaming series because I'm bored... 'Bakuman 3', and 'Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo'

20. Aschur

I decided that Ive gotten rather out of shape, and even though I dont need to lose weight, I figured it would help... so I started using the app called "burn your fat with me" its basically a visual novel that you progress through by doing pushups and situps everyday. Its referred to as "Moevation" (moe+motivation)

I myself am actually very thin and dont need to lose weight, but the past two years havent exactly been the most productive for me, and as a result Ive gotten really out of shape.

#1240 Aschur, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012