The Anime & Manga Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ♥ Sky, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Just finished to most recent episode of SAO, I love it so far. I get the feeling it's going to be a 24 episode series though.

I also started reading manga again with two series called Onidere and Nisekoi. I'm glad, it's hard to find good romance manga that doesn't contain any sort of fanservice and it's one of my favorite genres (not a soap guy, but I love it for some reason, haha).

2. ♥ Sky

♥ Sky I Beat the old Staff!

So I finished Mirai Nikki a couple of days ago. Another sad ending.

What to watch next?

3. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

hmm, depends on what your looking for.

Arakawa Under the Bridge - Basically about a rich person becoming indebted to a poor person under some crazy circumstances. He then chooses to live the latters lifestyle under a bridge. Doesn't sound like much, but I thought it was great. Check it out

Baccano!- Just try this one out, you will love it.

I'm going to go ahead and base the rest of these suggestions off of anime you seem to like.

UG - The whole idea behind it is fanservice, not much of a story, but its pretty damn funny. Only 13 episodes, all of which are 12 minutes long.

Ladies vs Butlers - Same as UG, an unnecessary amount of fanservice. However, there's a pretty good story behind it.

Kanokon - I have never actually watched this, but I read some of the manga. Basically like To Love-ru without the myriad of women.

#963 Auburn, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  4. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub

#964 Aschur, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  5. ♥ Sky

You people know me too well. I need to get out more.

I have Kanokon on file so I'll give that a try. I'm still looking for Melancholy of Haruhi subbed in the right order. If anyone has it, I'd love it if you could provide it for me.

6. Aschur

if you want me to fix that pixely portion of Misaki's head in your sig I can get around to it sometime today.

EDIT: I'm a bit late on catching this, but the Stein's;Gate cast for the english dub has bee announced.

check it out here

I'm skeptical on how it's going to turn out. And as Stein's;Gate holds a special place in my heart, I can only think they are going to **** it up somehow.

#966 Aschur, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  7. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

Dubs usually end up jacked up in my opinion, just look at One Piece. I watched 5 Centimeters Per Second dubbed last night and was a little disappointed as well.

Uhh, started reading Inuyasha and started watching Gundam Seed again, halfway done with Penguindrum.

#967 Auburn, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  8. ♥ Sky

Finally the next To Love-Ru Darkness has been translated :D

I'm slowly learning to read Japanese, but I can only recognise one or two of the characters.

9. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

Japan recently had Comiket 82 apparantly and previewed some new anime.

Chuunibyou de mo Koi ga Shitai!:​
    Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! new PV! - YouTube

This one definatly looks interesting.
    Senran Kagura:​
    I can't post this video, look it up though. It looks like the kind of anime that I don't enjoy, ahah.
    A new Certain Magical Index movie:​
    Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo:​
    Not sure if I can post this one either, haha.

Also, there's another anime I plan to watch called Tetsuwan Birdy. I watched some AMVs and the animation looks great.

#969 Auburn, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  10. Aschur

Eh, that one was meh imo. So much so that I don't think I'll put it onto my anime list, even though I've watched it.

As for the videos, I've seen stuff about the eypatch girl one. pretty sure it's becoming a thing; having girls with eyepatches.

11. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

Right, I thought it was some kind of adaption of Another since the heroines look familiar as well.

Top 10 Most Pernicious Gateway Anime:
    1. Neon Genesis Evangelion
    2. Haruhi
    3. Card Captor Sakura
    4. K-ON!
    5. Gintama
    6. Puella Magi Madoka Magica
    7. Nanoha
    8. Gundam
    9. Lucky Star
    10. A Certain Scientific Railgun
    Hahaha, I don't really see how one anime could turn someone into a "creepy otaku". If anything, I was expecting K-on to be listed.

#971 Auburn, Aug 10, 2012
  12. ♥ Sky

It was. Number 4.

I'm not even ashamed to say that I'm an otaku. I've seen 4 on that list.

We've almost made it to the 1000 post mark!

#972 ♥ Sky, Aug 10, 2012
  13. Aschur

I've surpassed Otaku, even leveled up past NEET. I am a frickin Hikikomori. (Realized it today when I didn't even want to go outside to Walmart)

Well, anyways... I haven't been watching anything but SAO when it comes out lately. I stopped reading Btooom! because its getting an official english translation, so I'll have to wait forever for it to be caught up to where I am. And my crunchyroll trial subscription is ending in a few days, so I will have to go back to lower quality streaming sites again.

Ugh.

14. ♥ Sky

But you have us as your friends. We may be on the internet but I'd count most people on this site as a friend. Outside is good for you too. Being inside all day makes you grumpy as you get "cabin fever". Go for walks. Sit outside and read a book. Even take your laptop outside and watch some anime there.

15. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

The funny part is that nobody but a few of us post here anymore. Orange seems to have taken a break and I suppose that select group has nothing to flame on currently.

Aschur, I forgot to mention that Btooom! was on that list to get an anime adaption, although there wasn't a video. The manga looked horific, the scary kind of horific I mean. I've forced myself to stop watch SAO until it finishes, I can't stand having to wait a week with a cliffhanger, haha. I already said this, but I love it thus far. Kind of looking forward to Asuna's return.

Aaaaaaand for Sky:
    ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUf4gzAGKLI

#975 Auburn, Aug 10, 2012
  16. ♥ Sky

Link didn't work, so I had to copypasta :(

Excuse me while I go and re-read all the manga.

On the subject of manga, is there anything else decent that I should/could read? It's kinda a bit boring with only one volume a month to read. Need moar! And where is the best place to find it?

17. Aschur

Yeah, I knew there was an anime coming for Btooom, so the official release of the manga didn't surprise me in the least. I really like how gritty it is, it reminded me heavily of Gantz. (Which I love btw, including the live action movies they made)

But Btooom hits closer to home because it is much more realistic, Gantz goes over the top after the part the anime leaves off at. Like SERIOUSLY over the top. (Incredibly large amount of gore, nudity, and alien monsters that give birth to other alien monsters via their own corpse after they've died. The anime does not have much of that at all.)

18. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

Top 25 Worst Anime of Spring 2012:​
    1. AKB0048
    2. Natsuiro Kiseki
    3. Medaka Box
    4. Eureka Seven AO
    5. Saki
    6. Aquarion Evol
    7. Acchi Kocchi
    8. Tsuritama
    9. Sengoku Collection
    10. Kimi to Boku 2
    11. Zetman
    12. Lupin The Third
    13. Fate/Zero 2
    14. Shining Hearts
    15. Space Brothers
    16. Inazuma Eleven GO Chrono Stone
    17. Kuroko’s Basketball
    18. Naruto SD – Rock Lee no Seishun Full-Power Ninden
    19. Upotte!
    20. Shirokuma Café
    21. Kids on the Slope
    22. Hyouka
    23. Hiiro no Kakera
    24. Queens Blade Rebellion
    25. Sankarea

I actually thought Sankarea was pretty good, although not as good as the manga. It's very disappointing to see Hyouka on this list, haha.

19. Aschur

That's a bad list. Seriously.

Zetman, Fate/Zero 2, Kids on the Slope, Hyouka, and Lupin The Third are some of the BEST anime of that season.

20. ♥ Sky

Threadbump. This thread will not die. Should I spend almost £170 on an anime figure?