The Anime & Manga Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ♥ Sky, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Well, the sequel to Bakemonogatari is Nisemonogatari, I'll find a subbed version for you on the Haruhi problem (sorry you didn't care for the dub I had linked you)

Crunchyroll DOES have both Nisemonogatari and Haruhi, but I don't think Haruhi is in chronological order.

2. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

I just looked it up out of curiousity and it turns out Aschur is correct, you want to go in chronological order. However, what was supposed to be the ending of the series occurs in episode six. So apparantly episodes five and six are the actual ending, but this doesn't make sense either due to a certain characters disappearance in later episodes (After episode six) caused by events that happened in episode five, if I remember correctly. Feel free to help me out with this, haha. EDIT: So technically both versions are right and wrong in a sense.

Anyway, Sky, you should probably just watch it in the DVDs version of chronological order.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - AnimeSeason

You will want to go by the numbers in the parentheses, so start with The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya I. Also, here's season two in complete order. I'd skip the rest of the Endless Eight after you've seen the first one, haha.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2

Aaaaand here's the movie after you've finished all that.

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

#922 Auburn, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  3. Aschur

My face when someone beat me to linking something:
    [​IMG]

Since I've been actually really excited for the rest of SAO to come out I think I'm going to start reading the manga or something, I already started reading the manga for Berserk and it seems to start from where the anime stops at.

4. ♥ Sky

♥ Sky I Beat the old Staff!

Misaka :D

Thanks Burny, tiem to watch subs :D EDIT: Got any links where I don't have to download a vid player?

Sorry that I didn't like the dub asch, it just didn't sound right for her character. She sounded like a voice actor from dubbed hentai...

#924 ♥ Sky, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  5. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

Hmm, you shouldn't have to download anything, at least I don't have to. Which mirror are you looking at? The flash player has that picture of Senjougahara for about 30 seconds than it gets right into the show for me.

EDIT: Not an anime list, but relevant.
    Top 25 Signs You're an Otaku
    1. You only listen to anime songs now
    2. You have no interest in 3D
    3. You just can’t stop listening to seiyuu voices
    4. You go to Animate [the store chain]
    5. You gladly pour all your passion, money and time into otaku pursuits
    6. The posters in your room? All anime
    7. You instantly pronounce the most hard to comprehend anime titles correctly
    8. You’ve got all the character profiles memorised, all of them…
    9. You sit around fantasising all the time about you know what
    10. If the talk turns to your favourite anime you can no longer control yourself
    11. You actually check seiyuu blogs
    12. You even admit you are an otaku
    13. You’re amassing doujinshi
    14. You’ve been listening to anime web radio shows
    15. You attend anime and seiyuu events
    16. Nobody wants anything to do with you! 。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。
    17. You could not possibly live on without anime in your life
    18. You buy anime dakimakura covers
    19. You’re sure to buy up all volumes of the DVD and original work
    20. Other people even call you “otaku”
    21. You make use of the word “moe”
    22. You have played love sims at some point
    23. You actually got all the references in Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
    24. You become exceedingly busy in the run up to certain summer and winter festivals
    25. You call Chitanda Eru “Erutaso”

I can actually only relate to three of those, haha. (12, 10, 7)

#925 Auburn, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  6. Aschur

5, 7, 9, 10, 12, 13, 16, 17, 21, 22, 23.

Those are the ones that fit me. (well, I used to say otaku, now it's more like NEET)

I've also started reading Btooom since I read that it was greenlit for being made into an anime, so far it's good. Reminds me heavily of Gantz except they aren't killing aliens in the game.

EDIT: Additionally, I just finished watching The Secret World of Arietty (dubbed). I really liked it, in fact, the version I downloaded has a Japanese audio track, AND an English one, AND a British English one. Pretty cool stuff there.

#926 Aschur, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  7. ♥ Sky

British English? Don't you mean proper English?

I found another random series on my HDD. Black Lagoon. Anyone else seen it? I like it so far.

8. Aschur

Black Lagoon, yes. I've seen it. Didn't care much for it but I only watched like 4 episodes.

EPISODE 3 OF SAO IS TODAY!!!!!

EDIT: Episode 3 was good, but different than what I expected. Feels like they're gonna build up his character for maybe one or two more episodes then some more exciting stuff will happen.

EDIT2 (the sequel to edit): found another top 50 list on Crunchyroll; Top 50 most fascinating anime.

1. Tiger & Bunny
    2. Toradora!
    3. AnoHana
    4. Steins;Gate
    5. Madoka Magica
    6. My Ordinary Life
    7. Code Geass
    8. Wagnaria!!
    9. Gintama
    10. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    11. A Certain Scientific Railgun
    12. Ghost in the Shell
    13. Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
    14. Oreimo
    15. Inu X Boku Secret Service
    16. Neon Genesis Evangelion
    17. Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
    18. Durarara!!
    19. Hidamari Sketch
    20. Cowboy Bebop
    21. Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
    22. Death Note
    23. Eureka Seven
    24. Squid Girl
    25. (tie) ef
    25. (tie) Ben-to
    25. (tie) s-CRY-ed
    28. Nadia Secret of Blue Water
    29. Kids on the Slope
    30. City Hunter
    31. Baccano!
    32. Fist of the North Star
    33. No. 6
    34. True Tears
    35. Urusei Yatsura
    36. Legend of the Galactic Hereos
    37. Goldfish Warning!
    38. Macross: Do You Remember Love
    39. (tie) Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon R
    39. (tie) School Rumble
    41. Akazukin Chacha
    42. (tie) One Outs
    42. (tie) Galaxy Angel
    44. Saiyuki RELOAD
    45. Noein
    46. The Dagger of Kamui
    47. Saint Seiya
    48. (tie) Sakigake! Cromartie High School
    48. (tie) Kyorochan
    50. Jinzo Konchu Kabuto Borg VxV

While I agree Tiger & Bunny intriguing, I think Zetman was the same genre and was more "fascinating" so, I would put Zetman in Tiger & Bunny's place. Of course you all know my opinion on Steins;gate and that it should basically be at the top of any anime list. (other than ones that also include Gurren Lagann and manliness)

#928 Aschur, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  9. Kidbomber

Kidbomber Ancient

Unrelated note:

Anyone use MAL (MyAnimeList)? If so I wouldn't mind added a few more people to my friends list on there. Plus you can see what i've all watched and stuff so it's better then just making a list of ones I remember :p.

10. ♥ Sky

I do. HeartSky. I believe others use it as well.

11. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

I do, but I don't really update it lol.

Auburny's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

I definatly agree with Working!!, Haruhi, Nichijou, Stein's;Gate, and Railgun. Not to sure about Toradora and AnoHana. They were very good, but not necessarily fascinating.

12. Kidbomber

Kidbomber Ancient

Added both of you. I update mine way to much. I forget a lot, so it's just helpful to where I just left off and try to find some new shows to watch.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justles

13. Aschur

Good lord, when did I surpass you in number of completed series'? Holy ****, I can clearly remember when you had seen more than I had. This is somewhat depressing now. (we do have pretty high compatibility between the anime we like though.) Though, it's to be expected. I mean, I am a NEET, so I have more time than most of you combined available for me to watch anime or read manga.

I'm Aschur on MAL btw. (kinda obvious)

Unrelated note, I've been reading Sun-ken Rock lately, its bout a guy who has a crush on a chick who leaves for Korea to be a cop, so he drops out of school to be a cop too, but ends up becoming the leader of a small gang. Its got fights, mature content, and comedy in it too. I like it alot.

#933 Aschur, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  14. Kidbomber

Kidbomber Ancient

Yeah I only do it on my free-time to be honest however it's nice to have someone who has a large list as well of shows :p.

15. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

May somebody recommend me something amazing?

Since finishing Ore no Imouto, I've only been rewatching old anime. I had a small Fooly Cooly marathon last night and fell back in love with the anime.

I also got caught back up with Hyouka, love that anime. I recommend it if you like mystery, although I wouldn't if you dislike a ton of dialogue. There's a link in my siggy.

EDIT: hehe, if I ever get a CT, it's going to say "It's the only NEET thing to do".

#935 Auburn, Jul 23, 2012
  16. Aschur

Well, going off you based off of Oreimo I can suggest a few things, I made sure they weren't already on your anime list as well.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
    The World God Only Knows
    Mayo Chiki!

You may also like:
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Mawaru Penguindrum
    Spice and Wolf

All 6 of these are non-action anime and are focused on plot, romance, and/or comedy. You should like most of them, if not all of them. (Specifically Spice and Wolf, by FAR the best of the 6 I suggested)

Or, you can look at this and scroll down to the section that says unique to aschur. You might find some stuff to watch that way. (It's a big list)

17. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

Yay, thanks Aschur. I have seen Spice and Wolf though, we had a discussion about it some time ago actually, haha. Mawaru Penguindrum and The World God Only Knows look awesome though, so I will start one of em tonight. I would start Boku Wa Tomodachi, but I'm still reading the manga and am worried about teh spoilers, lol.

I have a collection of GIFs from Mayo Chiki, but have never seen the anime. It seems... wacky, in a good way.

I'm gonna update MAL tonight as well. I thought I've seen a lot of anime, but no where near over 200 lol.

#937 Auburn, Jul 23, 2012
  18. Aschur

Ah, yeah that would help. I don't have the recollective powers to remember that discussion so, I pretty much just based it off your current list as you've got it.

Mayo Chiki kind of ended abruptly, making me think there is either a second season/sequel coming sometime, or they just... I dunno actually. I personally am going to rewatch Spice and Wolf, this talk has sparked some nostalgia.

I also have something I need to finish a little bit more so I can post in in the GnA forum.

EDIT: also finished Tales of Vesperia: First Strike, if anyone was interested in that. I would suggest you watch it if you liked the game (Tales of Vesperia) as it is a prequel to the game, it gives a lot of backstory into how/why the main character stopped being a knight.

#938 Aschur, Jul 23, 2012
  19. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

I went ahead and tried an amv, but didn't finish it. This little tad bit took longer than I expected, 30 minutes actually haha. The quality seems to have gotten worse than it originally was.
    The idea was to have some sort of text slowly come in from the left and fade while the screen is black towards the end.

I started Ouren and Penguindrum last night. Ouren doesn't look all that interesting and i'm not a fan of the art style, but Penguindrum looks pretty damn good. Thanks for the recommendation Aschur. I'm going to try Mayo Chiki tonight.

#939 Auburn, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  20. ♥ Sky

MMM Pocky. Or as it's known here, Mikado. Girls eating that is just plain hot.

Not bad for a first attempt, you managed to get the music and vid in sync, so extra marks for that. No real drama though, I assume we'll have to wait for the full thing.