The Anime & Manga Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ♥ Sky, Feb 9, 2012.

1. ♥ Sky

♥ Sky I Beat the old Staff!

**** One Piece, watch To-Love-Ru

2. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I've been having this urge to do a marathon of Pokemon. I know it has over 700 episodes, but nastalgia is kicking in.

3. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub

I know very well I can do it, I did the same thing with Dragonball/Dragonball Z/Dragonball GT. I watched EVERY episode back to back to back until I was done with the whole damned thing. Obviously I paused to eat and sleep, but that's about it.

4. ♥ Sky

I have too much going on in my life to be able to do a marathon for anything.

Kinda sucks as I want to try a marathon for Soul Eater.

5. Aschur

I have a distinct absence of things going on in my life, I am out of school, don't have a job, and have been waiting forever for my dad to actually find a job elsewhere so I can move out of this shithole of a town I live in.

Soo... Anime and video games is how I spend my time, with the odd Graphic art commission thrown in there every now and then.

6. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

I've only ever done a marathon for Gundam Seed and it wasn't truely a marathon. It was over the span of five days last summer. I did read a lengthy manga within two days though.

Other than school and friends, I do absolutely nothing. Sad, I know. I'm starting my job at Old Navy soon though at least.

7. Aschur

I'm probably going to end up looking for an anime shop wherever we move to, that I could work at. Would be great seeing how many I have seen and/or know of.

8. Black Theorem

Black Theorem Ancient

Re-reading Shaman King. Lovin it.

9. Aschur

There is supposed to be a sequel to Shaman King out... at least I read some news regarding one being made.

10. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

Shaman King was one of the first manga I ever read. That and YuYu Hakasho, lol.

11. Aschur

Honestly, I never bothered with the manga of those. I just watched the anime and was content with what it was.

Edit: Just found an upcoming anime (unsure when it's coming) that me and Sky are probably going to like.

Oda Nobuna no Yabō

12. ♥ Sky

Seems interesting... Gonna have to find time to watch another anime...

Watched the first episode of BRS. A little confused but I'll stick with it. As for Sora No Otoshimono. It's great. The female lead could do with smiling a bit more but it's great otherwise. The student council President is a total sex freak. Love her.

13. Aschur

/Goes to watch Sora No Otoshimono...

14. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

lol.

If you guys like the "appearance of a girl that knows absolutely nothing about normal life therefore gets into various ecchi scenarios and the series manages to retain a good storyline" anime, I'd recommend Chobits as well. It's old school, but ecchi is ecchi.

It's about a boy named Hediki who finds an android that resembles a beatiful girl. Throughout, he wonders if falling in love with an android is ok. There is a lot more behind the story, such as finding out where she came from.

15. Aschur

I'm not going to lie. Chobits is what got me into this ****.

16. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

I actually haven't seen the anime, but I've read the manga. Here's the OP for kicks.

Chobits Opening 720p - YouTube

I just found out you can watch episodes on youtube. Watching that's made me miss the older anime.

17. ♥ Sky

If you haven't seen Strike Witches, you should.

This is why:

WARNING: If you're going to be offended by honest childishness and the sight of panties go away. You don't want to watch that.

Mushi!

18. Aschur

you may want to put that in spoilers or something, it could be seen as inappropriate.

Now, with that said. Hot damn, I guess thats their teacher or something.

EDIT: In addition, here's some more anime news from the same site as last time, it is reliable.

second season of Fate/Zero previews

To Love-Ru Darkness gets anime adaptation

First trailer for Sword Art Online

Wrath of the Titans Director talks about a Live action Bleach movie

Most importantly, for us Steins Gate fans out there:
    Robotics;Notes from Steins gate universe and Psycho-Pass slated for Fall 2012

19. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

I am now eagerly awaiting the To Love-Ru Darkness anime. Actually, that reminds me to catch up on my reading of the manga.

20. Aschur

For those wondering, that site (crunchyroll) is good for both anime news and watching anime. It has a premium membership that allows you to watch all the newest episodes of stuff right when it gets put on the site, but otherwise its nothing that you can't watch with a free membership and simply wait a week for it to be unlocked for free members.

It's also the only fully legal anime streaming site I can think of other than watching it off the publishers website like Funimation or the likes.