The Anime & Manga Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ♥ Sky, Feb 9, 2012.

1. CHUCK

CHUCK Why so serious?

watch like six at least, trust.

2. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

The first 3 episodes should be enough to tell you whether or not you're going to like Bebop. I think.

3. CHUCK

CHUCK Why so serious?

i think faye comes in at episode 3... i was just trying to estimate when Edward is introduced. Once Edward shows up the show becomes what it is for the rest of the series.

4. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

Cowboy Bebop is one of the greatest stories I've ever seen. I watched the first episode on recommendation, couldn't get into it.

Year later, I tried it again and got hooked. Blew through the series in like a day.

5. Zigywig

Zigywig Forerunner

If I ask "Should I watch Cowboy Bebop?", I'll probably get lots of yeses.

6. Confused Flamingo

Confused Flamingo Forerunner

I don't have the willpower to read through this thread to see if something similar has been asked, so bear with me? :3

Okay, so I loved Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. Hated the original. And I'm not too big a fan of Bleach or One Piece, either.

Plus, it has to air on TV because I don't have time to Youtube it. I was getting into Soul Eater, but that was the issue that broke the deal for me.

SUGGEST ME ****.

7. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

It's definitely one that should be watched sure but I don't think it is the epic story telling experience that everyone else seems to think it is.

Very few of the episodes actually have anything to do with each other so it's just a lot of one hit shorts with a couple of connected episodes. and when you do get a story arc that takes more than 25 minutes your left thinking where the **** did that come from?

8. ♥ Sky

♥ Sky I Beat the old Staff!

Finish Soul Eater, it's an amazing series and has some awesome characters and the story is one of the best I've seen in a while.

If you want a new series, watch Highschool of the Dead. It's full of fanservice but boobs and zombies are a very good combination IMO.

Or if you want a bit more story, try something like Angel Beats!

9. Zigywig

Zigywig Forerunner

Not IMO, but the story was pretty good. And if you like it at the end, there's going to be a season 2.

10. ThrowinDemBows

ThrowinDemBows Takoyaki?

I strongly suggest you reconsider One Piece. I'd like to know how many episodes you managed to watch because it starts off really slow. When one of my friends recommended this anime to me about a year ago, I watched a couple of episodes and laughed at him for liking such a "childish" show. He kept urging me to watch it while stressing that it got better. I reconsidered because i did value his opinion, since we have similar tastes in a lot of things. I, like you, almost made a big mistake.

The show truly doesn't take off until Luffy gathers most of his crew because the camaraderie between them is perfect. Members I had not originally cared for too much had grown on me because of the dramatic moments and all of the humor between them. The show really is the perfect blend of action, drama, and comedy. I honestly can't think of any other series that can bring this level of excitement like this anime/manga does from episodes 350 on. (currently 566? episodes) The tension in the show grows more and more with each episode and you just keep getting more and more anxious to the point of insanity. Cliffhanger after cliffhanger, Epic battle after epic battle, This anime/manga truly is a masterpiece.

It's funny, I watched the first episode again (which i hated before) after finally catching up with the anime the other day and I absolutely loved it. To see how much Eiichiro Oda had planned from the beginning is truly remarkable.
    The guy is ****ing brilliant.

I tried to compile a few spoiler-free scenes from the anime:
    Action
    Humor
    Subbed is the way to go!

On another note, I plan on watching Cowboy Bebop since I've heard so many good things about it. Just for clarification, there are 26 episodes and a movie right?

#210 ThrowinDemBows, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  11. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary

Three episodes into Cowboy Bebop I feel safe saying these are the worst bounty hunters I've ever seen.

Lol. Great animation, amazing style, but damn, they suck at their jobs so far.

12. CHUCK

CHUCK Why so serious?

Spike will kill you with his pinky, RST.

13. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

yall are sleeping on my Berserk recommendation big time.

14. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary

Edward appears in episode nine, by the way.

And I'm pretty sure they haven't collected a real bounty, yet.

15. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

Have it dude. The Manga is much better though.

16. Vicious Vice

Vicious Vice Ghosts of Onyx

Favorite Cowboy Bebop Episode GO!!!!!

mine hands down not a second thought about it is Ganymede Elegy

It invokes so many feelings inside me happiness, sadness, awe. It was also the first episode of cowboy bebop i had ever seen. I'll never forget it.

17. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

well yea, it actually keeps going.

i didn't really care for that fairy thing though and didn't end up reading too far.

18. CHUCK

CHUCK Why so serious?

my favorite episode is either Wild Horses or Bohemian Rhapsody. ****, Cowboy Funk might be too. Hard Luck Woman makes me super sad every time.

Bohemian Rhapsody is my favorite. that was really hard...

19. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

My favorite would have to be between Bohemian Rhapsody or Speak like a Child... or Cowboy Funk or Mushroom Samba. Actually my favorites are both parts of The Real Folk Blues. Depressing, but had a perfect mix of everything.

I'm suprised nobody's mentioned this yet, but has anyone seen the movie?

#219 Auburn, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  20. CHUCK

CHUCK Why so serious?