The amazon

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by American10, May 5, 2008.

1. American10

American10 Ancient

The amazon
    Created by American10

Supported Gametypes:
    • Territorries
    • Team slayer
    Map Description

Story:

As some explorers came to the amazon to search for unknown secrets they found many things an odd waterfall,different exotic trees.as they set up their camp a wild black bear ransacked the place and hurt many of the people.they managed to scare away the bear with the fire in the fire pit.Since some people were wounded they called in a helicopter to pick them up.

Layout and other info:

Wellthe map has a simple design it's just a waterfall across the map with a bunch of trees and bushes.But i spiced it up a little bit with 2 mongoose ramps,camp site,and a helicopter.I reccomend 8+ players on this map for the most fun but it is still alright with like 3v3.I purposely made the trees kinda sloppy and out of shape because i wanted that effect of a real tree because no trees have perfectly straight branches and 90 degree angles.
    The map would have more items but theres only boxes and walls left and I hit the 100 item limit when I was halfway done with the map.

Spawns and such:

Well the Defenders start out on the platforms by the left mongoose ramp and territory 7.The atackers start out at the camp site by territory 2.
    There are various spawn points in the trees and by bushes and stuff.
    i made it so you cant really guess where they are going to spawn for maximun gameplay.

Weapons on map:
    • 1 sniper
    • 4 battle rifles
    • 2 shotguns
    • 4 smgs
    • 1 magnum
    • 1 plasma pistol
    • 1 plasma rifle
    • 1 needler
    • 1 brute shot
    • 1 rocket launcher
    • 2 spartan lazers
    • 1 energy sword
    • 3 carbines
    • 1 mauler
    • 1 fuel rod gun
    • 1 sentinel beam
    • 2 machine gun turrets(on helicopter but you cant really shoot nobody)
    • 1 flamethrower
    Equipment on map:
    • 4 plasma grenades
    • 2 spike grenades
    • 3 flame grenades
    • 1 bubble drain
    • 2 trip mines
    • 2 regenerators
    • 1 radar jammer
    • 1 flare
    • 1 deployable cover
    • 1 overshield
    • 1 active camo
    • 1 custom powerup
    Vehicles on map:
    • 2 mongooses
    Note*There are a lot of stuff on the map but a lot of it is on long respawn time and most of them are hidden.Also this game is meant for big parties and it's a big map.

Pictures:
    Overview of tree tops
    [​IMG]

Helicopter
    [​IMG]

The waterfall
    [​IMG]

The campsite where attackers spawn
    [​IMG]

Below under the trees there are bushes and such so it aint really open
    [​IMG]

Right mongoose ramp
    [​IMG]

Left mongoose ramp where defenders spawn
    [​IMG]

Some of the guns are on the tops of trees
    [​IMG]

Action screenshot 1
    [​IMG]

Team hater
    [​IMG]

Waterfalls are dangerous...
    [​IMG]

Dont camp on top of the waterfall for your own good
    [​IMG]

Thanks and additional information:

THIS MAP IS OLD, SO DONT JUDGE IT WITH TODAYS FORGE!

Well when I tested this map everything seemed to play good and it was fun.Please dont flame about the trees wall is crooked!!It is supposed to be like that like I said earlier trees arent perfectly straight and 90 degree angles.Please comment on bungie.net to keep it alive.Thank you everyone for looking at this.

Download The amazon
    Download Rainfall

#1 American10, May 5, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  2. yomtvraps

yomtvraps Ancient

all of it lacks originality. the trees have been done, waterfalls over done, and it just isnt good.

3. American10

American10 Ancient

It wasnt meant for originality it was mostly based on a place I have been .

4. LIGHTSOUT225

Where'd you get the sexy GoO sig? haven't seen you around there at all...

Anyway, American: I'm glad to see more people thinking outside the box on how to use the forge items. The little statue out of the A and B signs is pretty unique. The map seems a little too hectic for my tastes, but I do like the fact that you are clearly striving to be unique and have your map stick out. Its definitely an important step in becoming a top forger!

5. yomtvraps

yomtvraps Ancient

mmk. i just dont think it looks great. all the ides have been ovedone

6. bnasty574

bnasty574 Ancient

Hey buddy, your not exactly crapping angels yourself, where are your original ideas?

anyway, this map looks pretty cool, nice use of CREATIVITY, but as lightsout said, does look pretty crowded, but who knows it may work. Keep it up bro.

7. American10

American10 Ancient

Yea lightsout this is my first map i done thats competitive so this will be my worst but as a example my guttered mine map is original and thanks I will put more originality in my upcoming competitive maps like my infection maps.Also I based it on a place i have been
    and it was very crowded and I didnt want it to be to open because its a forest.

8. Norlinsky

Norlinsky Guest

At first I thought it was random objects thrown around the mpa but it does looks pretty cool. I think that crowded-ness can be an advantage

9. American10

American10 Ancient

YEa because of the snipers and battle rifles you will just get spawn camped like hell.But this gives you cover and hiding areas.

10. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

hmm.

Looks like one of those forge sessions when you get bored and randomly interlock objects. But that's just me, looks as if, well what I just said, but also, as if things have been randomly placed.
    Also the waterfall looks poorly made

11. Indie Anthias

Indie Anthias Unabash'd Rubbernecker

I always love to see people try to represent natural environments in Foundry. I'm longing for some green trees in there as well. Great job, it looks very nice.

12. pajamaSAURUSrex

pajamaSAURUSrex Ancient

i like it. it's hard to make maps like this in foundry forge (the idea, not product). great job of interlocking and merging. this looks like it would make some awsome gameplay. it would make a great dlc map (if bungie took the idea of an amazon camp). too many weapons though.

13. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

This is pretty interesting. Although it's really confusing to me, it's also easy to spot out all the hot points of the map. Waterfall, trees, etc.

14. Supergooseberry

Supergooseberry Ancient
    Banned

I have a strange addiction to mess maps, I gotta try this one, it looks like it has the potential to pla well

15. TheLollipopLad

TheLollipopLad Ancient

cool i am going to try it

16. cptncaucasian

cptncaucasian Ancient
    Banned

At first glance it looks like you just randomly interlocked objects, but when you look over it you can tell its got great scenery. They really do seem like trees. It also could be pretty intense for infection.

17. American10

American10 Ancient

Yea i tried it on infection but just everyone went into the helicopter and it wasnt really fun but go ahead and try it out.

18. CanCerBer0

CanCerBer0 Ancient

Cool Map 3/5 Rating

19. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

Lol I thought you just threw stuff around, but after you stare at it you can see the trees

20. Playerhata27

Playerhata27 Ancient

you obviously like making camps (as do i remember) i liked your guttered mine so this one looks just as good ill play it nd i have a thing for helicopters...... =)