TGIF Deco-Contest Map Submission

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Maps' started by Gravedigger5454, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

[​IMG]
    Screenshot by TDHarding

TGIF 10
    Deco-Contest

Have you made or have seen a great map that you think should be played in the tenth TGIF? Well here's your chance! In the TGIF Deco-Contest, ten winning maps created by the community will be the first ten maps played by everyone in TGIF 10!

For those who don't know, Thank Goodness It's Forgeday (TGIF) is Forgehub's bi-weekly event. Every other Friday, members of Forgehub join a large organized custom game where they enjoy many of Forgehub's featured maps. The event is very popular, and when the signups are posted every other Monday, most members quickly try to grab a spot.

This time we want you to help us find some of the better maps that aren't played in TGIF's but should be. Feel free to submit any map for a chance to win inclusion in the TGIF, just make sure the map meets these guidelines:
    • The map must not be featured
    • You must have the creators permission, or be the creator yourself to post it
    • The map's post meets Forgehub's quality standards
    • The map is fully tested, and ready for everyone to enjoy

When you have a map ready that you'd like to submit, post in the appropriate child board, here in the "Forge Maps" section (the one that describes it best). Then you simply post the name of the map here as a link, like this:
    Code:
    [noparse][url=the url for my maps forgehub thread]My Map's Name[/url][/noparse]
    If you want to submit more than one map, make sure you edit all of them into one post (make sure each map has it's own thread that your linking to though). Note that anyone can post a map here, and any map posted here may be played in a TGIF under the hosts discretion, however ten maps will be chosen that were created by standard members (no colored names) which will be played in all TGIF parties as winner of the contest. These ten winning maps will be announced next Monday in the TGIF 10 Signups thread. Good luck!

#1 Gravedigger5454, Jun 16, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  2. XDAO SoX

XDAO SoX Ancient

i like this idea very much. for all those people who's map didnt get featured, here is there chance. i will be sure to put some maps in.

Highway To HeII

This is an infection map made on rats nest. The only accessible parts of the map are the roadways. Your best(only) chance of survival is to hop into a warthog and drive off with a gunner. Or if your feeling lucky, take a speedy mongoose. This may seem like its the original map but when its played its completely different.

Catastrophy

This map is 100% symmetrical to prevent any team from having an advantage. It's main purpose is to be played on Slayer/Team Slayer. This map was built with special precision to ensure the quality of the map. I promise you, if you are a person who likes competitive maps, then this will NOT let you down.

#2 XDAO SoX, Jun 16, 2008
  3. bnasty574

bnasty574 Ancient

4. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

Please discuss the contest here and post your submissions in this thread.

Also, featured maps already will come up in some TGIF parties, and are not eligible for this contest, therefore you can't post Lockdown.

#4 Gravedigger5454, Jun 16, 2008
  5. MattDGiant

MattDGiant Ancient

6. CPV18

CPV18 Ancient

#6 CPV18, Jun 16, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  7. bnasty574

bnasty574 Ancient

=[

could you change it so that you can't post your own map?

No, the point of the contest is for members with undiscovered but good maps to give others a chance to enjoy them. If you could only submit other peoples maps, only already popular maps and featured maps would be submitted.

#7 bnasty574, Jun 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2008
  8. Awkward Silence

Awkward Silence Ancient

9. Kagemusha

Kagemusha Ancient

Project X

Shadow Viper gave me permission to submit this map, thank you Shadow Viper.

10. Pirates

Pirates Ancient

Rock Ridge
    Asymmetrical- CTF/ Team Slayer Recommended
    Made By Me-
    Sorry I missed last weeks TGIF (directed towards Shock Theta)
    Capture Out!

11. BIGGnelson

BIGGnelson Ancient

My map

I would like to submit my map Mow the Lawn it was made by me in January and forgotten i just recently remade it and it is a blast of fun not to be considered serious just exciting Mow the Lawn

Also reserved for my map that may or may not be finished and play tested enough for this TGIF

12. DRiSCOLL

DRiSCOLL Ancient

horizon
    this took me along time and had allot of downloads on the first day, hope u enjoy it,

good idea guys cant wait

13. Backwards Logic

Backwards Logic Ancient

14. bluepenguin23

bluepenguin23 Ancient

Acropolis by:American10
    this may be one of the first posts that does not feature maps that the user posted made...

bnasty574 likes this.
  15. Jester

Jester Ancient

Penitentiary

Cops and robbers seems like it would fit the TGIF profile quite well.

16. gobbles

gobbles Ancient

Splat
    It's an infection mini game that works with 16 people. Pretty simple, jump around while the infected try to splatter you, no honor rules. The map isn't aesthetically beautiful, but the gameplay is just always fun.

#16 gobbles, Jun 16, 2008
  17. LIGHTSOUT225

Metronome by Vicious Vice. Great competitive MLG style map with some unique features.

Warehouse by Creep1ng De4th. One of my favorites... this map plays bigger than Foundry, with multiple unique rooms and is always a blast

Echo. by Creep1ng De4th. Awesome new addition to the Conquest library, some great aesthetics all over the place as well as some really intense gameplay

The Waterworks by Iron Tusk. Another amazing Conquest map that has fallen through the cracks.

Vote these NAO

#17 LIGHTSOUT225, Jun 16, 2008
  18. Epic Tusk

Epic Tusk Ancient

#18 Epic Tusk, Jun 16, 2008
  19. American10

American10 Ancient

Check out my map it is hella popular.

Acropolis

20. The Sir Toppum Hat

This map is extremely fun. It doesn’t just look amazing but game play has never been more fun. I do recommend playing territories on it, but other games like slayer, assault, one flag and multi flag are equally fun to play.

Be sure to check this map out:
    Acropolis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.