Test Course 17

Discussion in 'Reach Race Maps' started by THE Fuglystick, Sep 27, 2010.

1. THE Fuglystick

THE Fuglystick Ancient

Test Course 17

[​IMG]

Creator: THE Fuglystick

Track Name: Test Course 17

Map Name: Forgeworld

Avg Lap time: 00:36

Description:
    This a map I made experimenting with/getting used to how teleporters work. It is my shortest and smallest map in reach so far, and I recommend that when you race it you set the lap count to at least 5. Also, the map does support up to 16 players, But I think that the ideal maximum should be around 8, or else things could get crowded. On the other hand, it could be interesting because of just that. It rides very smooth and makes for a good tournament map in my opinion. The map takes place inside the hangar and each of the different sections of track connect to another piece of track on the course. There are several banked turns and one steep drop on the course. The course is hard to describe using just text so I'll use the pictures to guide you through the course layout.

The Starting Box. Holds up to 16, but around 8 are recommended.
    [​IMG]

The first section of track you'll see is the drop.
    [​IMG]

The next section takes you up a rather smooth bank for drifting over...
    [​IMG]

Followed by another bank that takes you to the next section of the track.
    [​IMG]

The third track section involves another bank, as well as the first half of a small straight away.
    [​IMG]

The second part of the straight away.(Section 4)
    [​IMG]

The fifth track section.
    [​IMG]

The final section of track, which takes you on a banked turn that ends at the final checkpoint, taking you back to the top of the ramp at section one.
    [​IMG]

Overview
    [​IMG]

What inspired your creation?
    I wanted to see how teleporters could help in changing the flow of a track when using a confined space, as well as looking at ideas for track layouts.

How long did it take you to create this track?
    Because of the size, the map only took about 6 or 7 hours to make. Another hour was used experimenting with the best way to combine the track sections, and determining the order racers went through the sections.

What aspect of the track took you the longest to make?
    The first and last banked turns probably took the longest, since i used coordinate editing mode to make sure the pieces were aligned precisely.

2. Khala Warrior55

Khala Warrior55 Ancient

Really nice map man, i like how you used the indoor place to make the map dark and blue. Overall this map looks like the coolest so far :)

3. iTzz Chicken

iTzz Chicken Forerunner

epic track :D love it!

4. SpecterCody

SpecterCody Ancient

This one has me reminiscing about the old days where people built extremely compact tracks that took days to build in foundry. The turns are nice but the teleporters are a little drastic, I think it could have turned out cooler if you just made a standard indoor track, perhaps with just 1 or 2 teleporters. Don't mind my nitpicking, its just what I do, its still a solid track :)