Terminology of maps?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by D Sportster, Aug 26, 2008.

1. D Sportster

D Sportster Ancient

hey can anyone can tell me the terminology of the places in the maps like blue room and elbow of gaurdien?

2. dented_drum

dented_drum Ancient

Well, my friend, that depends entirely upon what map you're speaking of. I can offer you my names, but those are just what my team and I use. It's best to coordinate with the players around you to find a work that's as practical as it is easy to remember.

3. TheKeebobBobagawa

Me and my friends just call it blue room, orange/red room, etc. But correct terminology is Blue Room, Sniper Tower, Yellow Lift, Center Platform, and Green Area. For more complete info, go to Guardian-Halowikia

4. XDAO SoX

XDAO SoX Ancient

For me i keep it quite simple. all you need to do is say an object or weapon of where it is. like sniper, hammer, shotgun, camo, etc.. but like dented_drum said, it depends entirely on the people you play with. The MLG people use the official language but some people keep it more simple

5. dented_drum

dented_drum Ancient

Yes, that's Guardian, though. We also use Explosive Hallway (between Gold and Blue rooms), Shotgun (anywhere below the Blue room and close to Shotgun spawn), Lower Snipe and Top Snipe, and Camo.

Basically, we try to have as many names for places as possible. This comes from just playing with the same guys for ages. We also have the method of calling out stuff when we die. For instance, "1 low and 1 full with Mauler (referring to enemies' shields), towards Rocket Tunnel. {insert name here}, to your left."

If we can squeeze directions, enemy's health/shields, enemy's weaponry into that 5 seconds, then we've accomplished something. We never have casual talk during games unless we're clearly in the lead. Any team who's within 15 kills of us is considered a more serious game.