Termination

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by TheBadgerWithin, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBadgerWithin

TheBadgerWithin Ancient

Termination
    Created by TheBadgerWithin
    [br]
    Supported Gametypes:
    CTF, Slayer, Oddball
    [br]
    Map Description
    Termination is a map that I've been working on for some time now, and I think I'm finally ready to post it. The map is part of my Urban Jelly map pack that I'm working on, but that won't be out for ages yet. Anyways, on to the map itself. (You may want to skip down to the pics at this stage, it might help you understand what I'm rambling on about)

Termination is an asymmetrical map designed with Slayer and 1 sided CTF in mind. It features two opposing bases separated by a relatively open space. However, running from one side to the other in a game of CTF will get you killed- A machine gun turret will see to that, along with the firepower of the defending team's weapons and Chopper.

Your advantage is the large building which makes up the entire left (from attacking base) hand side of the map. Inside is a space for fighting, and a tunnel which leads all the way along the map to the defender's base. As well as this area, a tunnel near the defense base leads to a large space behind the building, containing a Ghost and a teleporter, which will then take you to the roof of the building. From here, you can get the drop on your opponents, or get to the walkway which runs above the right hand side of the map, picking up a sniper rifle on the way, or you can get to the roof of the attacker's base to find a splaser.

There are, of course other ways to the higher areas- a grav lift that spawns near the attacking base will let you climb to the top of the walkway quickly, and you can also use it to reach other areas.

There's a lot of play-space in this map, and the ability to fight in both close-quarters and open combat makes this map great for both FFA and team slayer as well as capture the flag. Oddball is the only other GT supported as I reached the 100 items on map limit, and was unable to make any others work. Now, on to the pics!
    [br]
    [br]
    Overview of Main Area (From Defending base)
    [​IMG]
    [br]
    Attacker's Base (With secondary entrance to Building visible)
    [​IMG]
    [br]
    Defender's Base
    [​IMG]
    [br]
    Primary Building entrance
    [​IMG]
    [br]
    Inside the Building
    [​IMG]
    [br]
    The Roof
    [​IMG]
    [br]
    Sniper Spawn on Roof
    [​IMG]
    [br]
    Behind the Building View 1
    [​IMG]
    [br]
    Behind the Building view 2
    [​IMG]
    [br]
    Download Termination
    [br]

EDIT: This video was not really made for this purpose, but Termination features in it heavily, so you might be able to get an idea for what the map is like.
    [youtube]H6YynmCqjP4[/youtube]

2. Running Chron

Running Chron Ancient

The maps looks very well made, I can tell you really spent some time on this one! I'll check it out and see how it plays, p.s. I couldn't watch the video, whoever picked that song needs to be shot, just kidding but I do hate that song....

3. Crouchaldhino

Crouchaldhino Ancient

4. xlilpsychox

xlilpsychox Ancient

Nice But Interlocking Could Be Used To Make It Look Alot Neater!

EDIT by Furious: Don't bring these old threads back to the top by posting in them. You're pushing newer better maps down the list.

#4 xlilpsychox, Apr 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.