Tension

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by the whyher, Mar 21, 2008.

1. civilian

civilian Ancient

Showing some love for my brother, I had too. I like to play this map more than 1/2 the bungie maps when we play customs. You need to check it out.

2. the whyher

the whyher Ancient

Thanks for the support dude.

3. civilian

civilian Ancient

Stop forging.

4. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

A bunch of us played some TS on here last week and it went pretty well. The layout of the map definitely gives off it's own distinctive vibe, so kudos there. Although I could easily do it during my Forgethrough, I had a hard time getting up into the BR tower via the grav lift. It may just be because I was under constant fire during the game, but I never made it up there. I made it up to the sniper tower towards the end of the game, but I was too close to the inside of the fence box and none of my shots would connect at all. At first I thought it was just me being crappy with the sniper, but someone else in our group mentioned that they couldn't pull off any shots in there either. So I'd recommend to everyone else to get the sniper and head out to one of the BR towers pretty quickly.
    Other than those minor things, I really liked the map a lot. This one is definitely staying on the HD and I'll post some more when I get a CTF game going. Nicely done, sir!

5. a dumb cat

a dumb cat Ancient

I dl'd this map a while ago, but its been sitting on my HDD for a while. Sorriez! You bring up a good point, and it seems like a little tweaking could help this overall great map. I would like to try it out.

I should be on today and I'll fire it up as soon as I have a chance. Now that SWAT weekend is over means I won't feel obligated to pad my experience points, lol.

--dc

6. Paulie Walnuttz

Paulie Walnuttz Ancient

nice map, love the youtube video

7. the whyher

the whyher Ancient

Squidhands, what you said I would totally agree with. In forge going up the lift is easy, but in in game getting fired on makes it a little harder. The best way to do it is to walk into the lift and look up to see where you need to go. About the sniper tower, again I do the same thing, take it and go someplace else. The shots will not always land threw the fence, its not for sure, and you can get shot easy yourself. Maybe take a few shots up there and move out. Very nice suggestions, I would make the same as well.

Check it out...
    Subject: BIG 5, with a master index and rating system! Every map rated, MUST SEE!!!

2. Tension by: the whyher (96 out of 100)

Omg killer map! Really fun to play on, really pretty, really creative, really pro! There are two smooth bases and tons of weapons placed strategically over the map. Scenery is also very well placed making this map a good replacement for your average everyday multi-gametype map.
    Also, try to find the flamethrower and Beam Rifle.

8. civilian

civilian Ancient

Not trying to be BYUS or anything, but the number one on that list was crap, a 3.5/5 or on a nice day 4/5

9. piggy

piggy Ancient

hey uh this is a very fun map to play on when you have bigger parties. i liked the little fence box thingy the most and uh yea this is very well built with the interloking ojbects and stuff so keep up the good work:D

10. GoodWhaleSushi

GoodWhaleSushi Ancient

They were intentional.

11. Bottlecap

Bottlecap Ancient

I think the main reason this post has gotten so many replies is because of the video, and it kinda takes the attention away from some very good maps out there. That's why whyer is probably the smartest and slickest of many of us, because he can sell well. Great presentation.

12. Hiney Sneeze

Hiney Sneeze Ancient

Dude, nice map. Dude, nice video.

Dude, nice.

13. the whyher

the whyher Ancient

Brute Captain, You trying to be nice with your comment right? Or do you really mean that the only reason people are here is because the video? Does that mean you think that the map is no good and its just sold well? Its just a question? I tried hard on the video too so very happy people like it as well. I would like to think that the reason it is doing well is because people like the map. I did score high on that contest and Im not even in that group. I guess some where saying things about that contest because people in the group where always in the top 5, but I wasnt, and made top 5. I sent them a thing to join after they posted the results so I may be in the group now. Hope you like the map too is what Im saying and not just the video. I hope its the map not the video, but the video helps yes. Thanks, know you dont mean anything negative, I hope?

14. Bottlecap

Bottlecap Ancient

What was that canyon of text for.. I love Tension, but I was just pointing out that your map was primarily successful because of the video. Really other good maps are lost in the forums because they don't have standout videos, yours did which is why you got ahead...

15. the whyher

the whyher Ancient

No big deal, just kinda felt like you were saying it only has this many views because of the video...

16. civilian

civilian Ancient

thanks for the link bro, nice sig.

17. LXV GrizzIy

LXV GrizzIy Guest

This map looks really good, i like the precision interlocking, my only problem is that it does look really open, and i think that you should probably just fill it in with *stuff* That way it looks fuller

18. the whyher

the whyher Ancient

Grizziy I kinda feel you on that, I had more things going on before but when testing it with friend they said it wasnt needed, keep it simple. It took getting use to for a few days when I was still making it and I got use to it. Its a fast pass map but you still can have coordinated attacks. Its a dangerous map, be careful..

19. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

Open-styled maps still play well, people. It comes down more to skill than just hiding behind objects and lobbing grenades. This map has open areas, but it plays very well.

20. Pennywiez

Pennywiez Ancient

looks like it took a lot of time and the pics say alot