Sandbox Temple of Myst

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Aesthetic Maps' started by Shnozt, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Shnozt

Shnozt Ancient

Temple of MYST...
    - Ispired by Nicksternater's "God's Tapwater" I have created an aesthetic map that should meet every explorers dreams in halo.

Although this is not my first map ever making, this is, in my opinion, one of the most creative. i would have added a lot more detail but in some cases more detail is too much. this map is pretty small and in no way at all can be a playable level. there is also a hidden 7-wood on the level somewhere. see if you can find it.

-Shnozt

*NOTE:if you find yourself in the crypt part of the level, just jump down. there is a teleporter that should take you back up top.

Exit from spawning points...
    [​IMG]

Entrance to Mysterious temple...
    [​IMG]

continued--
    [​IMG]

Overhead view of first level...
    [​IMG]

Lower level entrance...
    [​IMG]

Lower level inside...
    [​IMG]

First view
    [​IMG]

Holy water...
    [​IMG]

---lower level pics don't look as good as gameplay---

Download Temple of Myst

#1 Shnozt, Jun 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  2. Arbacca

Arbacca Ancient

There is no download link.
    Other than that, it looks great, looks like you put work into. Unlike some other maps out there....
    But it looks a little small, maybe fix that and make it bigger?

3. Shnozt

Shnozt Ancient

ok, yeah. i knew i was forgetting something. and thanks for the constructive criticism. i might make it bigger in the future, and myabe smooth some rough spots out.

4. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

Very very good aesthetic piece, I love the cave... it really looks like the inside of a cave, and the inside is cleanly made. Not sure how this will actually play, but it still looks very nice. It's hard to see, but I can tell that you used the shield doors for water, nice one, not 'original' but still it makes sense.

5. TripleO8

TripleO8 Ancient

Dude, i love this map. Kinda like the maps i like building. I'm really digging this. good job. Im kinda at school atm, but as soon as i get home, i will DL this for sure, and post again, with actual feedback, but from the pictures, i am really liking it. Good job man !

Btw.. Add my GT, Triple08, we can forge sometime.

(If you wanna see a map i made, go to nicksternater's profile, and look for.. God's Tapwater.. I made that.. And all my other good maps, arent on forgehub, but still.. add me ) :D

EDIT: Ohh shizzz, I justt read the thing again, and seen this map was made FROM mine. Daymm, lol. Im glad i inspired you :)

#5 TripleO8, Jun 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  6. Shnozt

Shnozt Ancient

well thanks and yeah i'm looking for forging buddies.

7. Fruitbat7

Fruitbat7 Ancient

niiiice map man. I love the whole feel of it, and your asthetic forging is amazing. I would like to see a version two of this map that would support gameplay and maybe make the map a little larger, if you have any budget left. nice work keep up the forging

8. barc0de

barc0de Ancient

This is a really pretty map - and the first to actually use filters well imho. It is very fun to jump around the top part and explore.

I think you must have used my "UNSC One" map as a canvas, because the map description text is the same.

9. Shnozt

Shnozt Ancient

yeah i did. i tried to change it after i posted but it didn't work lol.

10. Nick Novikov

Nick Novikov Ancient

This map actually looks very hardcore and realistic, by the pictures at least. The effect was a nice touch to it.

I'm also glad that I inspired you! :)
    But I can't take all credit for that map. Triple08 is the man mostly to thank.

Download FTW!

11. Shnozt

Shnozt Ancient

yeah, i know he posted on here earlier. we should all work together sometime to make a huge map in this style.

12. TripleO8

TripleO8 Ancient

Agreed :)

Btw.. I checked the actual map, and really liked it still. Excellent job, and we need to make a map like this, in this style ! It should be aethetically pleasing, but playable !

13. MDIGN

MDIGN Ancient

this looks very awesome, you could have used a shield door for the water. a 4.5/5

14. Dralthi

Dralthi Ancient

This looks superb. I'm not sure what you would play on here but it looks like it would be an adventure just to explore it. How like how you interlocked a bunch of rocks to almost look like a canyon or something and all the other parts are just as good. No complaints here.

15. ImI METAL ImI

ImI METAL ImI Ancient

This looks pretty cool actually. The scaffolding attached to the rock really sells the excavation look. And you know what's weird? I just named my dog Myst.

16. xpk3

xpk3 Ancient

this map is great, aesthetics are sound and the feel of it is outside the temple entrance is almost Indiana Jones like and inside the temple feels...

like this
    [​IMG]

17. slipknot83

slipknot83 Ancient

This is really cool. I think you could make this into a great infection game. It also looks really good! I could learn from this. I'll dl right away!

18. Corrupt Wolf

Corrupt Wolf Ancient

This map is so awesome! I was just kind of exploring it, and it looks awesome! I wish I had your forging skills! 5/5

19. TehRandomBoi

TehRandomBoi Ancient

Looks cool, was thinking of making this when I got Sandbox, but nonetheless great. This is much better than what I was gonna make, and gives a much more ruins feel than a lot of sandbox maps. Not much to say, except flawless forging.

Aesthetics- 9/10
    Gameplay- 6/10
    Forging- 10/10
    Overall- 9/10

20. Benzu Akamaru

Benzu Akamaru Ancient

---lower level pics don't look as good as gameplay---

Does that mean that it's playable...?