Temple of Atlas

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Gravedigger5454, Sep 5, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. Poor

13 vote(s)
    10.6%
  2. Okay

4 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. Average

10 vote(s)
    8.1%
  4. Good

21 vote(s)
    17.1%
  5. Great

75 vote(s)
    61.0%
  1. cB fROm aK

cB fROm aK Ancient

This Map is a freaking Maze! But I guess that's what makes it sop great. The thrill of having to decide which way you can go without dying within 2 seconds of your decision. Not bad. I stamp it with a 4/5.

ScarFac3d likes this.
  2. ANGERMAX

ANGERMAX Ancient

After giving this map a few play-throughs, I can pretty much sum it up with three letters:

WTF?

Seriously, my idea of fun is not crouching around while trying to figure out where I'm at and where I'm supposed to be. And at one point I was even stuck in a cage, the only way out to kill myself with fusion coils that were hidden on top of a crate. I must ask....why?

On the other hand I can see that a lot of time and effort went into this map. It's put together well, and I like the layout, if only I didn't have to crouch everywhere, I probably would have enjoyed the map more.

My other complaint about this map is the Mauler. I had to wonder why it was here in such a crowded, one-man tunnel map. Seems like the Mauler was too overpowered.

Sorry to be so harsh, but I'll have to give this one a 1.5 out of 5.

ScarFac3d and Linubidix like this.
  3. Catman87

Catman87 Ancient

Me and Angermax played this map for about 2 minutes before we quit. You've made something that looks fancy, and that's about it. Just because it looks neat though, doesn't make it a good map to play on, and i'm having a hard time figuring out why everyone likes this so much.

I've seen a ton of more maps that use absolutly no interlocking and are 10x more enjoyable than this. Just because you interlock objects together like crazy doesn't mean it's an awesome map.

If I had to rate this it would look something like:
    Interlocking: 5/5
    Gameplay: 0/5

Grow up, regardless of how old this person is, he gave you his honest opinion of what he thinks and you throw it back in his face by telling him he has no taste. If you can't take criticism then don't post any of your maps.

ScarFac3d likes this.
  4. that worm

that worm Ancient

this map was obviously well thought out and uses a very high level of forging, but unfortunatly i've never been a huge fan of the crouch tunnels and i find that they slow down the gameplay, but excellent map and good OP

ScarFac3d likes this.
  5. iZumi

iZumi Ancient

Beautiful map. Addicting for infection. I love the dungeon traps, how does that work? Well, 5/5 map, good job!

ScarFac3d likes this.
  6. Mearm

Mearm Ancient

This map is great! Your forging is absolutely amazing, how did you not run out of supplies while making this?

ScarFac3d likes this.
  7. penguin asassin

penguin asassin Ancient

well this map looks good but after playing it there dosent seem to be that many good weapons i mean another spiker to go with the one by that shaft thing would have been nice, more importantly is that dang cage by the brute shot and battle rifle that would be good it this was a acscetic (ok i know i spelt that wrong) map but its just annoying usualy to be forced to wait there for the fusion coils to respawn the four levels are beutifully crafted though and everything else about it is fine

ScarFac3d likes this.
  8. hangman3745

hangman3745 Ancient

Nice map, I like the little thing in the middle,nice job with the water!

ScarFac3d likes this.
  9. oO KoALa Oo 671

oO KoALa Oo 671 Ancient

nice map bro things look at their greatest wish their couldve been more pixtures though cuz... I WANT MORE!!!! anyways gret job d/l for me

10. K3V1N

K3V1N Ancient

great forge skills are definately shown here great job on that
    i really like the waterfall and how its an area where you can go
    but sorry its just not a map that has good gameplay.
    sure it looks cool but that doesnt cut it
    all in all 7/10

grea job tho

11. CamBelleismygirl

Hey awesome job with the map, I saw it about 3 days ago and downloaded it to have a look. Its cool that you made those teleporters below the surface to trick people, i found it awesome (and surprising)!!!! If you make new maps as awesome as this I'll definitely DL! great job! 5/5!!!!

12. brett3123

brett3123 Ancient

wow i like it. its very nice. i like the diagram 4.5/5

13. OutcastXC007

OutcastXC007 Ancient

It looks good to me. Can someone let me know how to make a waterfall:confused:

14. MagicPretzel

MagicPretzel Ancient

great map dude ill definitely check it out

15. Damilkman

Damilkman Ancient

Damilkman

The name is eye catching but if you want someone to download it you need more pixs.:frustrated:

16. FryTheSly

FryTheSly Ancient

can u send this to me please? it looks great... i bet this map would be amazing for king of the hill
    Gt: Darksoullll

17. Pomegranate17

Pomegranate17 Ancient

mice background story first off but the map is better lol; i like the top with that platform and house; i ifnd it cool how you made a sniper post up in the corner but its a lil hard to get into; although i can easily get through them my friends think the tunnels r confusing; but besides from the confusion great map 5/5

18. oO xbakerx Oo

oO xbakerx Oo Ancient

well designed and well constucted i think it would be better with more weopons but still 4/5

#78 oO xbakerx Oo, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  19. Xytan

Xytan Ancient

Great map.
    Fun to play on. My friends got confused in the cage.