Temple Mount

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by BORG k79, Apr 3, 2011.

1. BORG k79

BORG k79 Ancient

Temple Mount

forged by BORG k79
    2 - 12 Players
    Symmetrical Competitive Map

Reach the Apex of these Monuments to achieve Enlightenment.

[​IMG]

Temple Mount is a reimagining and extention of the first map I published on Halo 3's Foundry. I have been tweaking and tuning it and have expanded upon the original concept to create two opposing Temple structures, instead of just one like the original.

Weapon Count
    x6 - DMR
    x7 - Needle Rifle
    x2 - Shotgun (90sec - 1 Clip)
    x1 - Sniper (140sec - 1 Clip)
    x1 - Concussion Rifle (100sec - 2 Clip)
    x1 - Plasma Launcher (140sec)
    x1 - Brute Hammer(160sec)
    x2 - Magnum
    x2 - Plasma Repeater
    x4 - Needler
    x4 - Assault Rifle
    x4 - Plasma Rifle
    x4 - Spiker
    x1 - Plasma Pistol (45sec)

Grenade Count
    x8 - Frag Grenade
    x8 - Plasma Grenade

Temples
    Both Temples are three levels high and the entire front face of each is traversable as well as the roof of the structure. Both Temples are identical and are symmetrical themselves.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The lowest level of each Temple(or grass level) are the Shotgun Rooms. These rooms can be entered from the Lower Central Entrance or either side of the base. There are two lifts found on the back wall of each of the Temples that will shoot you up to the Middle Chambers.

[​IMG]

Shotgun
    [​IMG]

The Middle Chambers have several entrances that can be reached from all sides and from the lifts below. There is also a ramp that leads from the Middle Chambers up to either side of the Temples apex.

[​IMG]

On the apex of each Temple you will find 2 Needle Rifles and a Needler. There are also four Fusion coils that can be shot by players down low in the grass, or if you are brave enough, try pushing the coils on unsuspecting victims as they move below you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Central Tower
    [​IMG]

A Concussion Rifle sits in the grass underneath the Central Tower. The Central Tower can be reached by jumping from the apex of either Temple or by the use of a Man Cannon found on the edge of the map.

[​IMG]

All the power weapons with the exception of the Shotguns, are located centrally on the map. Teams will need to venture onto both the Cliff Side area of the map or onto the Mountain Side Catwalk to retrieve them.

Sniper
    [​IMG]

Plasma Launcher
    [​IMG]

Brute Hammer
    [​IMG]

There are your typical choke points like the exits from the Middle Chambers up to both Temples apexes, and the Lower Central Entrances to the Shotgun Chambers from the Central Tower. Gaining control of the Temples apexes might seem like it would dominate the map, but with all the cover and routes I have created as well as the Central Tower, you are never truely safe gaining the higher ground.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have set Temple Mount up for most gametypes but I feel that Team Slayer and CTF games play best. I am a huge fan of the new Team Classic playlist and this map plays excellent if you go through and delete a few Grenades. I will be releasing 3 more maps in the next couple weeks so if you enjoy this one let me know.

Download
    Temple Mount
    Please leave feedback.
    Enjoy.

- BORG k79

#1 BORG k79, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  2. shi11tenshi

shi11tenshi Forerunner

I enjoyed the map in custom games. CTF takes the utmost team work and, slayer on this map has some of the best long range dmr-ing i have played. Better still the map is clean. with many jumps and shortcuts everywhere. It keeps even the most skilled player guessing where the enemies going to come from. The weapons have just the right tip so that all types of players can enjoy a match on this map.

Great work i will be looking for the next map of yours.

3. ARcHiTeCT117

ARcHiTeCT117 Forerunner

I really enjoyed playing this map also i love how you didnt go overboard on the astetics Honestly the game play was really well fit no camping spots really thats a positive Personally I also find it best for CTF And finally this is one of my favorite maps located in the Quarry

#3 ARcHiTeCT117, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  4. BORG k79

BORG k79 Ancient

Thanks for the comments guys. I havent really been able to check on my post this week but I will try to add a rendered film this weekend.

What should I render a Team Slayer match or a FFA Slayer? I think it will be a Team Slayer match.

5. Eightball

Eightball Forerunner
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Very interesting map. I like the center of the map, it looks creative and well-designed. It seems like there are many pathways and different levels to this map, which would make for very interesting gameplay. You didn't put many aesthetics in, but that's ok, seeing as competitive maps are more based on gameplay rather than aesthetic appeal. The only thing I'm not too particular of is the amount of weapons on the map. I like that you tried to give us a variety, but there might be too many grenades and people will be nade spamming constantly. If you didn't set the grenade respawn rates to a higher rate you might want to think about doing that. Overall, this map looks great. Keep it up.