Temple Creek

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by DBD Kronic 7, Jul 27, 2011.

1. DBD Kronic 7

DBD Kronic 7 Forerunner

Hey Guys, Temple Creek is a map I have been working on for over a month now, The map is located on the creek side of tempest and has two bases with a series of buildings and bridges between them. I hope you guys enjoy the map...now on with the pics. Sidenote, Evade is beast on this map. I posted some new pics down at the bottom.
    Blue Base
    [​IMG]

blue base int.
    [​IMG]

Common Building (Yellow)
    [​IMG]

Red Base
    [​IMG]

Red Base int.
    [​IMG]

2nd Blue spawn

[​IMG]

2nd Red Spawn
    [​IMG]

Rocket Spawn
    [​IMG]

Laser spawn
    [​IMG]

view from roof of blue base
    [​IMG]

Red base interior
    [​IMG]

view from roof of red
    [​IMG]

Bottom of Yellow building
    [​IMG]

As far as weapons are concerned, each base has a sniper, rocks are in the middle, laser in yellow, along with a shotgun and Grenade laucher near each base. Thanks Guys!

#1 DBD Kronic 7, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  2. DominationQ

DominationQ Forerunner

Hey, a map using Tempest, haven't seen one of those yet. It appears you only used the creek side of the map unless I'm wrong, and it looks pretty big. I'd have to dl it to look at it a bit more, but good job using a different map for a change. And btw, some of those pictures are reeeeaally tiny, maybe you should try to fix that, make 'em all the same size.
    Edit: And you should also have the map ONLY linked in the download description, not your entire file share.

#2 DominationQ, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  3. DBD Kronic 7

DBD Kronic 7 Forerunner

I fixed the link, but i cant fix the pics...dam.

4. DominationQ

DominationQ Forerunner

The pics may have been resized when you uploaded them to whatever site you used, you'd probably have to upload them again to fix it. But anyways, yeah I took a look around the map and I thought it wasn't too bad, but there definitely appears to be room for improvement. Aesthetically, the map is pretty good, the center structure looks good, with rock structures, platforms, and decorations in all the right places, and I especially liked the hallway-ish thing around the Rocket spawn. Though there sure are alot of rooftops and platforms with little to no cover, some are just flat walkways with very little variation. There are also some areas with maybe one entrance that don't really serve a purpose other than being a hiding place. Those spots may need to be reworked into useful paths or respawn points. It also seems big enough for light vehicles, mostly to drive through the stream.
    Overall, I'd like to see more cover, more respawns, and maybe some vehicles couldn't hurt. I still applaud your use of Tempest's forging options, though I feel there's still room for improvement to make your map really shine.

5. DBD Kronic 7

DBD Kronic 7 Forerunner

I guess i understand what your saying, but those roof tops were left without cover for a reason,(so you cant camp there for to long), if you only gave the map a quick look you should go back, many things have been placed just so for a reason as there are many jumps and evade jumps you can do on this map. Thanks for the suggestions though, and the feedback, once again, enjoy guys!

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

new pics, this will be my last post unless someone asks me something, just new to this and i was having problems with pic sizes.

#5 DBD Kronic 7, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011