Tempest's Forge Pallette

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by stickmanmeyhem, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Toastman

Toastman Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

This map pack is full of great maps! None of them disappoint. THe forge world pallete is sad but I knew from day 1 it wouldnt be special since they didnt advertise it much.

We need Forge CIty with Headlong and turf built into it like Ascension and Blood Gulch exist in Forge World. I really hope it happens.

2. Patsteirer

Patsteirer Forerunner

Imagine if they released a map solely for forging. It would truly lock in a lot of people that have lost some interest in halo reach. I mean, if they had different pallettes for each map, and some really interesting forge maps, it would really benefit them greatly.

3. Vitreosity

Vitreosity Forerunner

I was really disappointed. I actually had a really cool map planned that I didn't have enough pieces for, so I thought, "Hey, let's wait until Tempest is out!"... Then, I realized I just lost a bunch of time :(

I'd like to see either a Tundra FW or a Volcanic FW. Something interesting, like, breakable ice for the Tundra, or lava that kills you in the Volcanic. And new pieces.

#23 Vitreosity, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  4. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

Would you believe it? Reach hasn't been out 2 months yet and people are already bitching and wanting more.

5. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Why hate on the ability to forge in a different setting? There is some much better terrain on Tempest as well as improved lighting. They already confirmed before hand that it was going to be the same pallet but I hadn't expected them to actually give us back that high of an item count with only a slightly reduced budget. Honestly, I was pleasantly surprised.

6. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........

7. Toastman

Toastman Ancient

Bahahah roflcopter!

In his defense: I think he meant a NEW one though.

8. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented

This man speaks the truth.

Honestly, don't complain when we're not even three months into Reach. I personally still really like the Forge Palette and was glad it was ported over to Tempest. Plus the rocks looks 10 times better than they do in Forge World and actually blend in with the rock walls on Tempest.

Oh, and the amount of framerate lag on a forged map on Tempest is a lot lower than on Forge World.

9. Izano Slayer

Izano Slayer Forerunner

They never claimed it was a new forging map.

10. Kittenpaste Company

Kittenpaste Company Forerunner

Has anyone compiled an object/location list (no, don't be a douche and say "peruse the threads") of the objects in Tempest? I still have $40 left to clear and can't seem to find whatever is consuming it.

11. Slamm Andrews

Slamm Andrews Forerunner

Try going through and deleting all the rocks. They have some forgeable ones on there it took me a while to notice. Good hunting!

12. CzIz

CzIz Forerunner

Look for items that aren't at the 50 / 100 limit (e.g 49 left), put one down, and select 'delete all of these', and see if anything happens. Repeat.

I was just about to say what AceOfSpades said; surely the main advantage will be less framerate loss.

13. Kittenpaste Company

Kittenpaste Company Forerunner

I already did that for all the items possible. However, dropping the Sniper Rifle and using delete all doesn't delete the two snipers on the map, and I can't find them. Then, I still don't know what's taking up the rest, even though I looked through the list while deleting in the first place.

14. menotyou135

menotyou135 Ancient

The pallet has way less screen lag. I honestly think that removing the screen lag was far more important than adding new objects. IMO, fixing something that is broken is way more important than adding new broken things.

15. stickmanmeyhem

stickmanmeyhem Ancient

It appears that my thread has been hijacked... Hmm...

Oh well... Looking forward to seeing canvases of them noble maps.

16. Aethereal Seraph

Aethereal Seraph Forerunner

its prob the needle rifles.

from downed longsword towards center (zero width zero depth) its about 2 units forward and 1.5 left

edit 2 forward 2 left. theres a tree right next to the rock near the needle rifle. cant miss it

#36 Aethereal Seraph, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  17. Chan

Chan Forerunner

One thing that has always confused me is how Bungie never just includes all the objects in their forge palettes, and takes certain objects out of certain maps.

18. Negrumir

Negrumir Forerunner

I think the Forge World pallette is excellent. It's very nice to have a new area to forge in with familiar pieces. Had they made a new set of pieces, people would moan about the loss of their favorite objects. Don't tell me they wouldn't 'cause you know they would.

I don't really miss the seastack as they have a new large rock that's more square and better for making walls and such out of. I do miss the lack of portable shields and vehicles lick the revenant and falcon. (can't remember if the falcon was in or not)

I am however, very pleased with what they included for Breakpoint and Anchor 9. Just the addition of the 50 walls you can place on Anchor 9 is more than enough to alter a small map like that greatly. There's also a munch of new items to use on Breakpoint, giving it a ton of possible layouts when you factor on it's size. I'd guess a dozen or so 4 v 4 maps would be possible on Breakpoint without overlapping each other.

And when you add in that these maps play very well in the default layouts, you have a map pack that's more than worth the cost.

If they ever make a Forge based map pack (and I mean really based around forge and nothing else) I'll be all over that. Until then forge world and the new maps have tons of potential.

19. Aethereal Seraph

Aethereal Seraph Forerunner

20. TCD

TCD Forerunner

I agree with this. Can't they do this to the existing forge world too with a patch? That would rock.