Tempera

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by threesided, Apr 19, 2011.

1. threesided

threesided Forerunner

[​IMG]
    Tempera

Hello again! Back again with the 4th and final installment of my Forge map bonanza!

This here is Tempera: A small and compact symmetrical map ideal for team slayer games. I'm hoping to add more game types if it's well received as I feel it has some potential to be a pretty interesting map to play on.

Anyways, on to the good bits:

Tempera features only a few distinct locations as this is a symmetrical map in almost 4 directions. You basically have your lower outer ring, upper ring and the inner bowl. The goal was to make a map that was small and encouraged a lot of movement.

[​IMG]
    Lower Bowl:
    This is the inner area of the map which is a fairly open space, but has a lot of cover from above so you're not a sitting duck in there. At the middle is the concussion rifle.

[​IMG]
    Outer Ring:
    There is a ring that connects the entire bottom area, both the starting spawns and neutral sides. Snipes can be found in the neutral sides perpendicular to the main bases.

[​IMG]
    Upper ring and mezzanine:
    As you can see, this is where sword spawns. Although this may be the strongest and most useful weapon on the map, expect to fight to get it. The 4 man cannons on this map converge on that spot, so be prepared if you decide on rushing it, someone on the other team probably has the same plan.

Weapon Drops:

Sniper Rifle x 2 (1 clip 180sec)
    Concussion Rifle x 1 (60sec)
    Energy Sword x 1 (180sec)
    DMR x 4
    Needle Rifle x 2
    Needler x 2
    Plasma Pistol x 2
    Frag Grenades x 4
    Plasma Grenades x 8

So far this map has been tested on a 2v2 scale and is actually very balanced, despite seeming cramped and with weapons in abundance. What I would really like is to get a full 4v4 on here, and find out whether this map could support more gametypes. Objective Games planning is not my forte to say the least.

If you like what you see and want to help me out, add my GT (threesided) or shoot me a message on xbox Live, I really want to find a solid group of Forge enthusiasts to playtest with!

Also, if you haven't checked them out yet, the other three maps I've posted can be found here:

Bering Strait
    Redoubt
    Arsenal

2. Legacy of Mercy

Legacy of Mercy Ancient

First off I really like the compactness of the map. It is perfect for matches when you don't have a small number of people playing. This looks like it would work really well with FFA but I'm not sure if you should add other gametypes...maybe oddball or KOTH?

I especially like the upper ring and how open it is. When you're dealing with small spaces there's always the issue of crowding the area but this looks like a nice balance.

Our small group will enjoy testing this. If you'd like to join us let me know. we'd be happy to help you out.