Teamwerks Arena Tournament

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Cosmic Rick, May 17, 2008.

1. LIGHTSOUT225

7 EST or later any night

2. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

I'm working late tomorrow (Monday). I'll be home around 10-10:30.

I can be home by 7:30 eastern if I get advance knowledge of the event, but I sometimes work late so I'll need to know a day in advance. Tuesday around 7:30 or 8?

3. Cosmic Rick

Cosmic Rick Ancient

That works for me. Furious, can you check with the rest of your team?

4. LIGHTSOUT225

Tuesday works for me, count me in

5. Devinish

Devinish Ancient

Tuesday in the evening is fine. Again, if I'm not on, give me a call for some PrAcTiCe!

6. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

TXGhost has been sending out PMs like crazy. I'll be home from work tonight at around 7:20, so I'll have to jump on immediately. Hopefully the rest of Pain Train will be there and will be ready to win this thang!

7. NeverlessWonder

NeverlessWonder Ancient

Hmmph! So, he's back in the land of the living huh? Back when my team needed to play him he was always MIA. Never answered my messages. [/angry bitterness]

8. LIGHTSOUT225

Due to some unforseen circumstances, i have to take my car into the shop right now... by no means should it take 4 hours (i dont think) but ya never know. Anyway, if it gets close to time and im MIA, GoO people cell/text me

EDIT: I'm back, no worries

#248 LIGHTSOUT225, Jun 24, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  9. TXGhost

TXGhost Ancient

I am sorry, I have been in the habit of leaving my Xbox on and I noticed thats the place you always sent me messages, I am much more active on the intarwebz. I really have been not too active on Xbox except for the random Halo event. City of Heroes is a curse. But not that I have attained the highest level I am back, not much to do once you hit lvl 50.

Anyways we got our asses handed to us, which I knew would happen especially since it was our first game lol. But thats no excuse since that was A.E.S.F. first game as well lol.

10. Devinish

Devinish Ancient

Minus Insane's lag at the beginning, it was a good game. Though I would venture to say that we are unstoppable.

11. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

Well your ego sure is, lol.

Good game folks. Sorry we didn't make it more of a challenge for you. Damn you and your duel wielding plasma pistols!

12. Cosmic Rick

Cosmic Rick Ancient

So, after 4 weeks of fierce competition (umm... kind of, anyway), Cosmic Rick's Teamwerks Tournament has come to a close. The season was plagued with scheduling difficulties and collaboration issues. As far as we can tell, the closest thing to an official game happened in round 2 where 3 Roosters and a Cat beat The Buttered Bisquits by bringing in a ringer. However, after 3 tiers of no-shows and forfeits, it all came down to the Teamwerks Championship, which took place Tuesday night. The competitors: Cosmic Rick's "Team A.E.S.F." and TXGhost's "Pain Train". Here's what happened:

Round 1:

The first round started off in Pain Train's favor, with the blue team leading off by several points. After some initial problems with Team AESF's BR-man were dealt with (Insane had some late-join and lag issues), AESF quickly picked it up, beating Pain Train 48 to 29.

[​IMG]
    Insane54's eagle eyes guiding Team AESF (red) to victory and Team Pain Train (blue, dead) to... well... pain.

Round 2:

Round two is perhaps most accurately described with the term "furious". Not because of anything Furious did... just because it was complete mayhem. Team AESF came through the whirlwind of plasma-blasts, sticky grenades, and man-cannoned bodies with a 66 to 19 win.

[​IMG]
    Please notice which team's shields are down...

Round 3:

The picture below describes the general tone of Team A.E.S.F.'s highest scoring round for team Pain Train. Cosmic Rick managed to bring himself into top-scoring position this round with 2 grenade sticks, one of which shattered TXGhost's spine. Despite Furious D 18 and TXGhost's valiant shield-draining efforts, A.E.S.F. pulled out the win: 77 to 32

[​IMG]
    TXGhost's broken body after an early-game grenade from Cosmic Rick. This is how grudges are born.

So, that's it, then. Team A.E.S.F. won the first ever Teamwerks championship 191 to 80. Don't get me wrong. Pain Train put up a good fight. I was completely surprised when I saw the final score, though that's likely due to the fact that I had the most deaths on team A.E.S.F.

[​IMG]
    Team AESF decided to pose a little bit for the winning score-board screenshot.

Do I feel bad about winning my own tournament? Sure, a little bit. But when it comes down to it, I had a great team. We worked together well, we knew the arena, and nobody practiced as much as we did (no, I'm not talking about the game... We talkin' 'bout practice!). If anybody would like to challenge the team in the future, we're always up for a game... Just be ready for what's coming.

Prizes
    Each member of my team will be getting $10 sent to them via mail. This includes both our subs, even though they didn't play during the season. Please send me a PM with your name/address/phone number, and I'll mail some billz out to you. I was going to give the winning team's captain a signed picture of me, or something like that... but since I won, I think I'll just treat myself to a frosty beverage.

#252 Cosmic Rick, Jun 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  13. DrawingMan

DrawingMan Ancient

Good game guys, Good game.

14. LIGHTSOUT225

WOOO Go A.E.S.F.!
    thats domination holmes. Ya'll need to practice up so we can actually be challenged once in a while. Great game guys, you take it well ;)

15. ToochieHxC

ToochieHxC Ancient

i knew cosmic's team would win. just knew it :]

16. super trooper88

super trooper88 Ancient

Congratz on winning your own tournament lol. If only more people actually showed up... Seems as though your team would've wrecked everyone else anyway.

17. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

No way, dude. I want to see a picture of you looking at a signed picture of you.

Congrats, guys. Any chance of a video in the near future?

18. Devinish

Devinish Ancient

I prefer to call it "confidence." I just give that impression to make up for other inadequacies that I may or may not have... :-(

19. Cosmic Rick

Cosmic Rick Ancient

Again, good game, folks. Who's up for round two? Lol.

Oh, and Devinish, LIGHTSOUT, Insane and our two subs, get me some addressed and phone numbers in a PM if you can... so I can send your prize monies.

20. Mortarion

Mortarion Ancient
    Banned

Please do a round two!! That would be so kickass that my team would actually get to enter :D