TCOJ Testing lobby; Every tuesday @7pm EST

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Juanez Sanchez, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Maximus IL

Maximus IL TCOJ

I will be absent this week.

But next week . . . I will be there, hopefully with a new map.

2. Juanez Sanchez

Juanez Sanchez Ancient

I already signed you up nutduster. Everyone, i got a sneak peak at this ricochet map he has made and all i can say is wow. Get ready.

3. AlexJ189

AlexJ189 Octane Racing

Turns out I won't be joining you this week. Got a job interview in the morning so I need to get to bed early to make sure I'm up in time for it! Anyways hope you have fun people, happy testing! :D

4. Juanez Sanchez

Juanez Sanchez Ancient

Great lobby chaps. Nice to get a full to capacity party going. Feedback here, or in the threads please.

5. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

6. Fauch

Fauch Ancient

damn, I got my *** handed to me this time the only maps I felt confortable on were mine and nutduster's one. many if the maps I found much more complicated and hard to play than what we had last week. in another hand, I think there was more variety. there seemed to be better players as well, it was unusually difficult to win duels.
    I upped the topic for my map "Hangar lockdown"

7. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

It seemed like a couple of the new guys that played with us were really good. It was definitely hard to get kills in some of those matches.

8. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

When you realize the board is back online again (finally), Juanez - sign me up.

We'll be running this at least once: http://www.forgehub.com/threads/map-preview-castle-siege.147450/

One unrelated thing. Since most everybody on this board that I care about looks at this thread now and again, I have it on good authority that the new forum software allows staff (or at least admin-level staff) to login as us. Some kind of plugin allows for this incredibly invasive breach of privacy. I have no idea if anyone here plans to use it. But bottom line, don't put anything in PMs anymore that you're not comfortable having someone other than your intended recipient look at.

9. Squeak

Squeak Promethean

I will be there.

10. Juanez Sanchez

Juanez Sanchez Ancient

HELLO HELLO HELLO!!
    Signup for TCOJ lobby 10/9/2013

[​IMG]
    This is the signup thread for The tuesday night TCOJ lobby!

Do You like playing Halo 4? Yes? Good.
    Do you like customs? Yes? Good!
    Do you like your customs lobby to have awesome, handsome, schmexy people in it? Yes? Unlucky on that one, then.

But we run this lobby every Tuesday night regardless of how fugly or repellent we are to women, and if you want to grab some good customs on new and cool forge maps, or more importantly test your own, then drop your name, gamertag or even a map link, and you will get into the most regular and friendly testing lobby going. We aim for between 6-10ppl, usually we run 4v4s.
    Alternatively send me a message or friend request on XBL, GT: Juanez Sanchez, and I will add you or send you an invite to the lobby 10-15 minutes before it begins.
    The lobby starts at 7pm est, 12am gmt, give or take 10 minutes. HOST GT: Juanez Sanchez

P.S. Sorry it's so late every body.
    I didn't realize the forum was back up and running!!
    Attendees/Maps:
    1. Nuts
    2. Zandy
    3. Squeak
    4. Juanez
    5. Fauch
    6. Nakala
    7. Maximus
    8. Chron
    9. Cascade by Hissing wings

Reserves

#50 Juanez Sanchez, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  11. Art of Sound

Art of Sound Promethean

It's Been A While, But Sign Me Up!!!!!!
    Old GT: HgT Noise
    New GT: Boxing Beats

12. Fauch

Fauch Ancient

I guess I'll join.

13. nakala1972

nakala1972 Forerunner

I'm in but like last week I will be a bit late, half an hour at most.

14. Maximus IL

Maximus IL TCOJ

I would like to play as well. I actually have something to test this week.

15. Chronmeister

Chronmeister Blockhead
    Forge Critic Senior Member

16. Juanez Sanchez

Juanez Sanchez Ancient

ADDED ADDED ADDED ADDED ADDED ADDED ADDED ADDED ADDED

@Nakala- if your not online by the time your slot comes up I will add you to the rotation at the end- then we will see during the second rotation.

17. Maximus IL

Maximus IL TCOJ

I was reminded by my wife that there is a parent-teacher thing tonight that I have to go to. So, unfortunately, I will miss TCOJ again. Sorry about that!

18. AlexJ189

AlexJ189 Octane Racing

There any space for me in there? This lobby seems to have gotten really popular recently.

19. Fauch

Fauch Ancient

some thoughts on some of the maps :

Caedis : nice abandoned look. it was quite easy playing as a human, very hard as a flood, probably because the human team was well coordinated. I had no chance to approach from any angle.

shipwreck : I really liked this one, seemed quite balanced for infantry and vehicles. usually on BTB I feel more like "let's camp or let's get raped by snipers and mantises", but not here. however, I suicided a lot and that was really frustrating, I could just never see the water holes before it was too late.

tokyo rooftops : any thought about it? I had already planned to modify staircases for a better flow, but I'm not sure yet how to do it. was the outdoor area too open? the railgun rooftop seemed to be a popular spot, is it fine as it is? what about weapon balance? I had the scattershot for a while and was wondering if it wasn't a bit too strong?
    juanez : anything wrong with my gametype?

I can hardly get kills on chron's maps (well on other maps as well it seems, but at least I do better than last place)

20. Juanez Sanchez

Juanez Sanchez Ancient

Fauch, your gametype was not fun. Sorry to say everyone was annoyed with the scoring, the weapons, and lack of armour abilities. In short, Tokyo rooftops played a LOT better just with infinity slayer. That map was pretty good i thought, however I was hearing some complaints about areas not being used, and as it played so much better with regular slayer, you will have to jet-pack proof it as people were flying up to places they shouldn't have been. Also most people were complaining that your winding staircases were annoying, and you should try and find a different way to add routes up and down. Were we also on Impact? I think the lighting was broken too- meaning that shadows didn't render correctly and things looked generally wierd. I would very much like to see you re-forge some areas of this and perhaps try and restore the lighting; that or re-create it, slightly simplified, on forge island. Then it would kick more ass.