Sandbox Tank Crossing

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by lolzinyogrill, Jul 5, 2009.

1. lolzinyogrill

lolzinyogrill Ancient

Bungie.net : Atlas : Private Forum : Sandbox: Tank Crossing

This is the link to Bungie.net Post.

Weapon Loadout.
    8X Battle Rifle
    4X Carbine
    4X SMG
    4X Spiker
    4X Spiker
    4X Plasma Rifle
    2X Plasma Pistol
    2X Needler
    2X Sniper Rifle
    2X Missile Pod
    2X Machine Gun Turret
    2X Plasma Turret
    1X Spartan Laser
    1X Active Camo

Vahicle Loadout
    2X Warthog Turret
    2X Warthog Gauss
    2X Wraith
    4X Mongoose
    2X Chopper

Map Overview
    [​IMG]

Blue Base
    [​IMG]

Red Base
    [​IMG]

Rear Base
    [​IMG]

2. Aaronator

Aaronator Ancient

Looks ok. It is a vehicle heavy map with little chance of survival in the middle with no vehicle. On good thing is that the hornet doesnt overpower the others because of the abundance of cover on the map. That said the cover does get in the way alot and I would suggest going back and rethinking that part of the map. One other thing, in your vehicle list it doesn't mention a ghost but in one of the pictures it shows one. This leads me to question the accuracy of your list. Also there seems to be an abundance of power weapons. I would cut down on that list if I were you. These weapons ruin the map because, with them being in strong numbers, it makes the vehicle map essentially a power weapon crazy map, which you do not want. Other than that, its a decent vehicle map where the flying vehicles aren't overpowering, while not being useless. A version two could really perfect it and make it comparable to Dunescape, one of the best vehicle maps on Sandbox to date.

Will update with more info soon...

3. lolzinyogrill

lolzinyogrill Ancient

Yes, i apologize, I was in a hurry when I posted this although I shouldn't have.

here is what I missed.

2X Ghost
    2X Bubble Shield
    2X Gravity Lift
    2X Emp
    2X Flare

Although it seems like alot of power weapons, The map still plays well with them. The Guass warthog is on 180 Second Delay which controls alot of beginning power. These pictures need to be updated. I did not mean to use old pictures as I changed 2 warthogs to choppers.

The 2X snipes/2X Missile Pods are placed at both bases to preserve the balance of the power weapons so that both teams may use them respectably with 1 spartan Laser in the middle teams must rush for.

You ask me to rethink the middle. Would you have any suggestions because at the completion of this I ran into my Object Count limit and Needed to Cut down the middle design. The center piece is supposed to be this way as it runs better for Single passenger vehicles to drive through, leaving warthog drivers to have the need for better driving to roll through there.

Although In version2. I do plan on removing the ghosts/ or exchanging the ghosts where i placed the choppers. The map needs 2 less vehicles I believe.

But I also wanted this map to have enough going on to be able to support Big Team Battles as well as small teams (5v5)

Also, Please note that the Warthogs on the RIGHT side of each base has been replaced by the CHOPPERS. I have yet to Update the pictures will be soon.

#3 lolzinyogrill, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2009