Tactical Outpost Digamma

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by spaismunky, Oct 1, 2010.

1. spaismunky

spaismunky Forerunner

Tactical Outpost Digamma

one of 7 top-secret strategic military science and research facilities established by the UNSC to study the Rings and their technology.
    Formerly undiscovered by the Covenant, the emplacement enjoyed relative tranquility in the cradle of artificial nature. That is until its accidental discovery by a wondering Elite Ranger unit.
    You must defend the Database Storage Core from the invading Covenant horde, We can not afford to loose our research. Silence them before they can hail the armada!

[​IMG]
    Tactical Outpost Digamma

[​IMG]
    Courtyard

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Atrium

[​IMG]
    Security Room

#1 spaismunky, Oct 1, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  2. Suicufnoc

Suicufnoc Ancient

So this is an invasion map? What are the different phases? Where's the gametype?
    Looks pretty sweet, but I can't see where the attackers are coming from. I'll give it a download and see.

3. spaismunky

spaismunky Forerunner

It is indeed an invasion map, with two stages of occupation ending with the capture and removal of the core. Spartans start inside with Elites storming the front gates, blasting their way inside.

4. criggs3c

criggs3c Ancient

Can you do invasion on forge, I go to the objective objects menu and all there is is ctf markers and king of the hill markers??? Am i missing something completely obvious??? lol. But yh i totally agree, this, judging by the pics only, will make an awesome invasion map :)

5. spaismunky

spaismunky Forerunner

Select it under Custom Games, and set the game type to Invasion.

I don't think that objectives are live in Forge mode, but I tested them in a custom match and it seemed to work. However I have yet to play test the map with full teams.

If anyone is interested in playtesting this map with me, please send me a mail. Also I welcome any suggestions, tho I will not likely make significant changes till v.2, Mostly I'm am looking for input on objective location and timer length as well as set duration.

#5 spaismunky, Oct 1, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  6. patt06snipe

patt06snipe Ancient

Hey this map looks really well forged and has a cool design. I'll be willing to test this map out, just PM me.

7. AgentPaperCraft

AgentPaperCraft Cartographer

Looks Fantastic, but i'll have to play before I pass Judgement.