2-4 Players Sypherom

Discussion in 'Map Database' started by Noirtatsu, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Noirtatsu

Noirtatsu Ancient

Noirtatsu submitted a new map:

Sypherom - 1v1/FFA

Read more about this map...

2. Chronmeister

Chronmeister Blockhead
    Forge Critic Senior Member

The layout looks really nice on this. I think you need to work on your aesthetics though. I see you used tunnel pieces for the walls and flooring. I would suggest keeping a consistent look throughout the map. I think the tunnels look good as wall pieces, but not as good as flooring. Whatever you choose to do, I think it could look better by switching up a few pieces. Walls one texture, flooring a separate texture. Different textures can look good in separate rooms, but not when they just run into each other at corners. Other than that I like the map. I really like how you incorporated the landscape. Nice Work!

Noirtatsu likes this.
  3. HissingWings

HissingWings Promethean

I like the map overall and I agree with chronmeister. I think though that you should reduce the long lines of sight, the map is well segmented but I think each individual area is a bit too open

4. PA1NTS

PA1NTS Promethean
    Forge Critic Senior Member

It seems like it could support 2v2s no problem. Am I wrong?

5. Noirtatsu

Noirtatsu Ancient

I haven't been able to try it out unfortunately my lack of friends that still play Halo 4 has led to me only making 1v1s but I'm sure if your up to play with me and find a partner I'd be willing to make the revisions to the spawns

6. a Chunk

a Chunk Blockout Artist
    Forge Critic Wiki Contributor Senior Member

2v2 may work on this, but certainly no more than that. From the pics I had the sense that it was much larger than it actually is. You've done a really good job of building around the natural terrain without making it feel forced.
    The only thing that seemed odd to me is that you have your Sniper set to spawn every 5 minutes? 1v1 Maps can actually support faster spawn times than 4v4 maps as long as you don't give them much ammo. I'd suggest removing the Ordnance and spawning it normally with around a 90 second spawn time and 0 spare clips. The fast spawning, low ammo weapons help keep 1v1/2v2 matches moving quickly.