Sandbox Swordstruck

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by BRI Manning, Aug 31, 2010.

1. BRI Manning

BRI Manning Forerunner

This is a narrow map which basically consists of two lengthy bases connect by bridges. There are 2 balconies for each base; one acts as a high ground for attacking the main hill and the other being support platform for the next hills. It consists of 3 levels; the ground floor, second floor and top floor.

-2 ways to get from ground floor to top floor
    -2 ways to get from ground floor to second floor
    -1 way to get from second floor to top floor
    -several ways to get from higher floors to lower floors via falling off edges

Game types:
    -King of the Hill
    -Team Slayer
    -FFA Slayer (spawns not adjusted from TS)

Best with:
    -4-8 players (haven't tested 4v4)
    -BR starts
    -No Radar

Weapons:
    -BR x4
    -Carbine x2
    -Mauler x1
    -Sniper x1 - 2 min drop spawn
    -Rockets -3 min drop spawn

Pictures!! - Because this is a symmetrical map, i will not post pictures of both sides. These pictures are a little old; a lot of the screw ups found in them are fixed =)

Overview
    [​IMG]

Main Hill - Sniper Spawn
    [​IMG]

High Bridge - Rocket Spawn
    [​IMG]

Low Bridge - Mauler Spawn
    [​IMG]

Red Base
    [​IMG]

Red Hill
    [​IMG]

Blue Hill
    [​IMG]

Blue Lift
    [​IMG]

All criticism is appreciated both negative* and positive. i know myself im not a pro forger but hopefully halo reach forge will change that =)

*-i already know there are a couple ways to get out of the map
    -i already know there are a FEW bumps

Download SWORDSTRUCK
    Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details

#1 BRI Manning, Aug 31, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  2. Dulden

Dulden Forerunner

Looks pretty clean and well forged. It may be a basic 4v4 slayer map but it looks pretty good. Got high walls, good line of sight (LoS). And the power weapons look like a pretty big risk but with a good reward. Nice job.

3. Flak

Flak Forerunner

Wow. I can honestly say that I was surprised with this map. For your fist post, the layout and design are amazing. The middle rocket spawn, the symmetricality, both are perfect. (is symmetricality a word?)
    Nice job.

4. Zow Jr

Zow Jr Forerunner

Wow this map looks really good. But it looks like it would be better for AR starts and possible BR secondary. Lol lotsa map suited for BR starts lately. But My reason is the Lines of sight kind of give more leeway for more faster paced action rather than a strafe or a snipe from long distances. This map's design is great and admittedly although needz moar interlox in some spots it's good otherwise