sword kill techniques

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by asianmario, Feb 6, 2008.

1. asianmario

asianmario Ancient

ok, i myself am pretty good at halo 3, i am better than almost all my friends, but there is this one friend that i cannot beat with the sword. i can beat him with all other weapons except the sword. first we clash and then he always makes the killing slice. does anyone know of any button tricks or techniques i can do so that if i get in a clash battle, i can always be victorius.

2. Kapura

Kapura Ancient

When you see him and you have a sword, jump before you lunge. It will give him no chance to doge, although he could still lock. If you get into a lock and your close to him, keep looking at him and spam B. B is a faster sword swipe with no lunge. Good luck.

3. xXmooregamesXx

xXmooregamesXx Ancient

When I sword lock, I instantly press "B." I usually beat whoever I face... hope that helps

4. asianmario

asianmario Ancient

ok guys thanx, i hope this helps, i will be practicing this technique a lot, i will tell you guys if i beat him

5. Wraith

Wraith Ancient

I've known the B part for a very long while, ill tell a story about it, I was online on Rumble Pit, so I got into a swords match with 5 other ppl. There was only one person near as good as me, only because he knew the B button secret, so it wasn't bad, I won the match, and then I get into another game, but with the same ppl I owned the last game. The game we were about to play was a Slayer in Isolation, so we vetoed that, but the funny part was the game to replace was a Swords game in Guardian. When I hit 23 kills, they quit! Ahh, memories. Thought I would like to share that with you.

6. l Zero Fox l

l Zero Fox l Ancient

Swords.. ahh my second weapon of choice.

Okay, long story short: my very first Lone Wolves Match, it was swords on The Pit: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsHalo3.aspx?gameid=252191287&player=l Zero Fox l

It speaks for itself:
    - in the lead by 10
    - 2 sword sprees
    - +15 :]
    - triple kill (Achievement)
    - Steppin' Razor (Achievment)

i was like "lololololololol. dis r EZ!11"

///

Second game was KOTH.. heh 5th.

///

Third game Swords on Snowbound: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsHalo3.aspx?gameid=252234084&player=l Zero Fox l

I just chilled in the middle anddd:
    - 2 Overkills (Achievement)
    - +16 :]
    - Beat two people down with just the sword handle (lol)

///

The only reason why i played Lone Wolves was to get the achievements, and i got like all of them right off the bat.

NOW: Here is the secret to becoming uber 1337 with the sword is this:

[​IMG]

I call this the "Proper Sword Position"
    EDIT
    Umm it r called "clawing" not "proper sword position" and it r older than halo itselfz
    so dun listen to meh

Now it may look like im flashing two gang signs simultaneously, but heres whats really going on.

- Left Index Finger: Primed for grenade tossing.
    - Left Thumb: Movement
    - Right Middle Finger: Sword Lunge - When chasing somebody - or really reaching for that instant the reticule turns red (i get very lucky sometimes)
    - Right Index Finger: The B button (what you should use the most, i will explain why in a bit.)
    - Right Thumb: Looking! (My sensitivity is on 4 btw)

///

Okay Now the proper way to sword fight.

Run straight at the prey
    Pretend its a pallet ya wanna smash in two hits.
    i cant really explain when exactly to press B, ya just got to get a feel for it, ya know? (i usually do it early, so the very end of my swing blocks their lunge - but thats just me so i can swing again faster)
    but yeah, press B
    CLASH!
    press B again (Chances are that they lunged at you and cannot swing again)
    Kill.
    Repeat.

///

NOW! if your prey is not a n00bie:

Run straight at the prey.
    Press B.
    CLASH!
    Press B
    CLASH! (Again)
    Press B
    CLASH! (third time)

Now you wanna change it up!

Coordinate your thumbs, side-step in one direction, and keep your aim on the prey as you do so.
    Chances are they will keep swinging (or cannot turn and sidestep and melee in the same direction, giving you an open spot

Press B
    Kill!

///

Okay, now if you're trying to kill somebody like me it gets a bit more complex.

After about the fifth clash while Side-Stepping

start side stepping to the opposite direction, keep switching back and forth while keeping up your B melees.
    (Even moving backwards can throw them off)

if ya cant shake them, jump around them, or over them (most likely clashing in mid air) and try to stay higher, if you do keep clashing, the one higher does more damage (clashes hurt the face more than the body) and you will win... eventually.

Thank you for listening to Sensi Zero Fox

PS!

after that testament
    I received what makes me feel soo unique now on Xbox Live

[​IMG]

tEH Kastanaaan1!!!1

ya lyke NOBODY HAZ KATANANAN

oh yeah im the d00d on the left

7. o2oGodsMistake

o2oGodsMistake Ancient

Wow i think you put a little too much effort in that post Zero Fox and making a proper finger position lol. All you have to do is make sure instead of using the usually trigger button, just hit B everytime as fast as you can.

8. l Zero Fox l

l Zero Fox l Ancient

i lyke teh sword
    it r 4 pr0s

besides i was just messaging a friend who needs help getting his overkill and triple kill achievments, i linked him here. haha!

9. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

Umm that is called "clawing" not "proper sword position" and its been around for a long time.

10. Poztar

Poztar Ancient

Clawing is pretty old stuff. The only achievements I need are overkill and mongoose mowdown, but I am just ever so bad at Halo.

11. asianmario

asianmario Ancient

thanx you guys for showing me these tricks, i will forever pwn my friend with the sword.

12. Klink258

Klink258 Ancient

Clawing is in several different games, such as Smash Bros.
    Jumping sometimes works, but if you don't time it right, they can aim up, making you more vulnerable.