Sword Dueling, WTF?!

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Z3ro Man, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Z3ro Man

Z3ro Man Forerunner

I am getting so sick of people winning sword duels in slayer. I DONT understand how they are able to lunge 100 X faster then I am. We BOTH hit R 1st, and then I'm assuming we are both smashing B as fast as we can, but there are a select few people who are able to slash so much faster then I can. WTF is up with this? They srsly can slash 1 second faster then I can. 90% of the time they kill me with the 2nd swing using B.

2. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

I understand your pain mate. It seems the same with me, I ALWAYS lose a sword battle, no matter how fast I press B.

3. Dow

Dow Ancient

Because they either A) are using bumper jumper which is much easier to sword battle with or B) aren't ever using lunge at all (I don't unless I am the only one with a sword.)

4. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Expanding on what dow said:

A) Using bumper jumper allows you to aim, slash, and jump around all at the same time. So, while you're running in a strait line and can't change the direction you're looking, your opponent could be jumping, spinning, and slashing down at you.

B) Don't use the trigger. The lunge isn't very far anyway, and the only way I could see using it is if you were facing an opponent without a sword, and you wanted to lunge and just end the fight quickly.

5. MetaWaddleDee

MetaWaddleDee Ancient

I thought I would just clarify, both of the posts above me are talking about the melee.

6. Something.

Something. Ancient

That's probably due to the fact that if two people slash each other with swords, the one to get their hit in first gets the next hit sooner. Then the next hit he's even more likely to get it first so he's even faster, and so on until eventually he hits you without you hitting him back.

7. masterpete117

masterpete117 Ancient

Hmm, well i win all the time and what i do is i mix it up hitting both B and the bumper in no particular order. mabey u should try that. ;)

8. CriminaL

CriminaL Ancient

Sword duelling is gay, especially in LW as you just get picked off by someone else

9. buddhacrane

buddhacrane Ancient

If you make your first hit a melee hit (B) instead of a lunge (RT) then you can perform your second hit much quicker. That is most likely what your opponents are doing and is why they're killing you with their second hit.

As previously stated, only lunge if the other person doesn't have a sword.

10. Matty

Matty Ancient

Yea just use regular melee, but you are gona have to press it a split-second later than a regular lunge, and you'll block out their lunge or B, and from then on, if they R1'd you'll B faster and win, or if they B'd its an even fight and its usually the one that Bungie ****s up the lunge for that will lose.

11. used man

used man Ancient

or, you could move toward them and make them think your attacking, then back away right as you attack. They usually will usually hit B as you back away, then you just lunge and they are dead. Il'l clarify if that didnt make sense.

12. Ac3Snip3r

Ac3Snip3r Ancient

Instead of just smashing B, spin around them or jump while smashing B. It throws them off. And you shouldn't be lunging. If its head on just use B. I win sword matches all of the time.

13. Y35 <3

Y35 <3 Ancient

This is what i do too.

Fake like your going to run into them, and right before the scope turns red step backwards, they will expect it to turn red and hit the trigger in advance. Then once their attack is in full swing just walk in and lunge at them.

14. Viet Honor

Viet Honor Ancient

Bumper Jumper and Host are both them blame, Host does get an advantage.

15. The Muppet King

The Muppet King Ancient

To win a sword duel you must first melee then lunge. Not the other way around. That might be why your losing the duels. Melee first because if you lunge, it takes time to swing again. There is almost no delay with the lunge after melee.

16. Slodogk

Slodogk Forerunner

yea thers actually a good technique to winning

lure your opponents, fake a lunge (tapping upward on left joystick) and theyll most prollly lunge at you

at that point, do a quick slash, blocking the lunge, and slash again to kill him

17. Farbeef

Farbeef Forerunner

Lw always ends up with one guy killing both of the dulers but i dont min it cuz im dat guy :) srysly tho i dont even use B that much in swords

18. Yyzyyz

Yyzyyz Ancient

I am one of the lucky ones, I can beat people to the B button, but I bet it really pisses them off

Sword duelling is the reason I do not like the energy sword, it should be the 1st one to click the lunge button that kills the opponent not the one wih the better connection

19. pyro

pyro The Joker

the person who wins a sword duel is one of those brillant people who switches to boxer for a swords game so they can always use sword melee isntead of lunge because the "reload" for melee is faster than lunge and you lunge faster but a shorter distance.

20. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

This is related to swords but not sword lunging: My teammate swung at an enemy after I had gone to kill that enemy and my teammate killed me. In the same lunge he also killed the enemy. It said I was killed by the enemy, not betrayed. Also I was on full health.