SWAT Carbines- UPDATED MAP- Interlocked

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Cattpride, Jul 30, 2008.

?

How well this map plays (not how astetically pleasing it is)

1. Worst game I ever had!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pretty Average.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It's ok.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Pretty good gameplay.

100.0%
  5. FUNNEST GAME EVER!!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Cattpride

Cattpride Ancient

Map Download.
    Gametype Download.

This is a map that takes place on Foundry. The teams spawn in blocked off rooms, which contain Carbines, a window paned shield door, and a teleporter. When the players are ready to leave, they go through the teleporter, which takes them to one of two receiver nodes outside of the base.

They can go back through the teleporters and wind up on the other node, but they cannot go back into the spawn rooms until they die. The map is 98% symmetrical, each side differentiated only by signs, and a few small objects and crates.

This map is compatible with Team Slayer, CTF, Assault, Territories, VIP, and Team Oddball. There can only be 2 teams on the map at ANY TIME.

In the middle of the map, there is a small passage in the wall. The short tunnels in it contain Custom Powerups, which, when picked up, make the player pink, and put a waypoint on them that is visible to the enemies, so that they cannot camp inside the tunnels.

At the opposite side of the spawn rooms, on each side of the map, there is a teleporter to teleport them to the other side of the map.

UPDATED: Now, 90% Interlocked. Top boxes still kind of crooked, but who cares? No one is going to look at them from the ground. Removed 1 Carbine from each base, and placed it near Teleporter Reciever Node 1.

Pictures:

Map Overview 1
    [​IMG]

Side A Overview
    [​IMG]

Side B Overview
    [​IMG]

Spawn Room Angle 1
    [​IMG]

Spawn Room Angle 2
    [​IMG]

Spawn Room Window
    [​IMG]

Spawn Room Teleporter Reciever Node 1
    [​IMG]

Spawn Room Teleporter Reciever Node 2
    [​IMG]

Map Center
    [​IMG]

Attackers Base Overview
    [​IMG]

Map's End Two-Way Teleporters
    [​IMG]

Those pictures show the map. Hope you enjoy playing SWAT with Carbines for the first time since Halo 2.
    [​IMG]

#1 Cattpride, Jul 30, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
    Murdock Sampson likes this.
  2. Murdock Sampson

Murdock Sampson Ancient

Well this map looks pretty good, but its crooked and not that aesthetically attractive. try interlocking and geomerging. The map doesn't seem smooth enough. i'm sure it'll play well, but players like the maps to look professional. 7/10

3. Cattpride

Cattpride Ancient

Yeah, yeah. I know, it's a little crooked. I'm not that good at interlocking.

4. JASONYO

JASONYO Ancient

hey i c ur new to forgehub and u might want to check out forging 101 cuz ur map doesn't have ne visible interlocking. and for ur map title. it should only b the name of ur map. and modded maps r not allowed at forgehub so it should b customary that it isn't modded and u dont have to point it out for us

5. Dr. Chombie

Dr. Chombie Ancient

well then get good at interlocking. JK(just kidding)! but seriously if you practice a lot you'll get good at it i'm sure you will. anyway this map looks great but with interlocking it can be a lot better.

...........can you even interlock at all or are you just not good at it? not being mean or anything, sorry if i do sound mean

6. Cattpride

Cattpride Ancient

I'll remake in in a interlocked version tomorrow. Until then, try playing SWAT using Carbines. It's funner than normal SWAT.

7. StreetSoccer12

StreetSoccer12 Ancient

If you use other objects you can align certain objects together straight. For instant you want to interlock two double boxes 90 degrees, all you do is get a corner wall and put one box and slide it into place then set time to no then get the other and slide it into place. You should have a perfectly aligned 90 degree angle now. Also for those walls that were crooked, next time try to spawn a new one and place it because the default of the spawn of it is straight.

8. jpitty

jpitty Ancient

If he doesn't know how to interlock I'm pretty sure he doesn't know how to mod. As you can see in some of his pictures there are carbines laying around.

Actually I'm kind of interested in how this Would be a good map if it Wasn't modded. No carbine start, so you have to run around aimlessly looking for one. Or, if they are in one paticular spawn area, you can get spawn raped.

By the looks of this map, it doesn't seem like it was thought out very well. I'll download and give any additional pointers.

9. Loopakoopius

Loopakoopius Ancient

dude you should really interlock

Linubidix likes this.
  10. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

What stops the team once they've acquired the lead to just sit back and relax in their seemingly impenetrable spawn?

11. Cattpride

Cattpride Ancient

Huh? I didn't really think of that.
    Well, booting, I guess.

12. Eyeless Sid

Eyeless Sid Ancient

I would like to say don't post modded content on the forums SWAT Carbines is a modded gametype as that carbines are not allowed to be a starting weapon. I know its a fun gametype same as the flamethowers starting weapon gametype but don't post it because it stresses the rules. You are a newer member so I don't think you will get any trouble from the mods this heads up should do fine.

13. shaneo

shaneo Ancient

first picture looks a little crooked but either then that seems pretty well made.

4/5

14. The Punisher

The Punisher Ancient

Very true, the game could get boring from there >_< One thing you might wanna change.

15. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

Someone doesnt read.

This isnt modded content. The players spawn in a room containing carbines, they dont spawn with them. You need to read the post before making accusations.

16. FreshCherry

FreshCherry Ancient

this map is good for gameplay, but you need to be more neat. this map is VERY sloppy and poorly made. put in some interlocking too.

17. Prophet of Heresy

You should remake it so that it is impossible to just camp at the teleporter and block it until the game ends

18. Eyeless Sid

Eyeless Sid Ancient

It says that the room has carbines but I didn't see him holding any starting weapon in the pics. There are five current modded gametypes that are circulating and SWAT carbines is one of them. Others include Brute Spiker starting weapon,Beam Rifle starts,flamethrower starts,and a sword gametype where you can only melee. I don't make accusation I know what I'm talking about when I talk or post a comment. The magnum start wasn't mentioned in the post so I assumed it was the modded gamtype also named "SWAT Carbines". My appology to the OP but please make the game settings more visable next time.

#18 Eyeless Sid, Jul 30, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  19. V

V Ancient

Dude I was in the same position you were. I have two maps on here, the first one had no interlocking because I thought it was too hard. The next map I did took less time and I interlocked. It really isn't hard to learn and I honestly think you could pull it off quite well on this map so here's to hoping you release a V2 with interlocking.
    Oh yea and for no interlocking and being a tad crooked, this is a prett descent map. Just make the spawns a little less stacked and you got yourself a pretty good swat map here.

20. graham215

graham215 Ancient

I think everyone here has gotta take a chill pill. Forget about the stupid interlocking and look at the map. Great map...so it doesnt look pro suck it up. Some of the greatest maps arent what soem of you people call..."Pro".

Pro needs to be redefined. Definite Download for me!