Survey: What features do you want added into Halo 4?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by makisupa007, May 13, 2008.

1. Your Poncho97

Your Poncho97 Ancient

I would like some new and improved weapeons
    something that only bungie can think of because it will be so intense
    and to pilot pelicans

2. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

More weapons and vehicles
    Maps of course
    All starting weapons!
    Far Cry 2 like map editor
    More customization

Basically everything linubidix said

Oh and custom games server like halo pc

3. Nan0teck

Nan0teck Ancient

We can pretty much already do that, except that we can't go to a lobby filled with custom games and join any one of them at will like on a PC. That would be great though. For now, we'll just have to send invites or have the party set to open to everyone.

4. mrpester31

mrpester31 Ancient

- Map Editor
    - Expanded Forge tool
    - Ability to play as something other than a Spartan or Elite
    - Gun Lowering
    - More weapons!!!!
    - Flyable pelicans/phantoms!!!!!!

And several more things.

5. Hari

Hari Ancient

Sorry to be a party pooper.....but THERE WILL BE NO HALO 4!!!!

6. RaBBiiTTT

RaBBiiTTT Ancient

More than 20 armor variants.

7. criggs3c

criggs3c Ancient

the point of this thread is to see what people want in halo 4, not to discuss its existance, its just for fun.

anyways, the people who said no campaign, wat about those poor peoples without xbl. maybe some pc software free with the game to create whole new maps, like a simplified, heavily simplified, version of what they actually use. and of course, new weapons and to be able to pilot the bigger vehicles. O and more playable characters =)

8. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

I'd also like to see more armor permutations. Perhaps some different leg options as well, and the ability to change the visor color.

9. KB

KB Ancient

That would be insanely epic!!! God I would love that!

10. Rogue Shadow IV

Rogue Shadow IV Ancient

Dude did you ever play Halo CE! In Halo CE he first started in a cryo Chamber now he goes to rest again for the next battle and also, the cryo Chamber slows down his aging because hes the last spartan.:frustrated:

11. Rogue Shadow IV

Rogue Shadow IV Ancient

I'd like to be able to play as Brutes, Grunt, Hunters,etc.:happy:

12. Okage4

Okage4 Ancient

They should add a Kamikaze grenade, which is a plasma 'nade type of explosive that sticks onto people and explodes after 5 seconds with the force of the bomb in Assault gametypes...

Yes, that'd be awesome, stick one of your teammates with that baby and send them into a room of pesky campers, suicide bomber style. Voila, problem solved. Plus, that'd be awesome to see Brutes and Elites sticking that onto Grunts and throwing them over walls or something....

13. Ocean Man

Ocean Man Ancient

A horde mode like Gears 2. Wave after wave of Covie foes would be fun to mop up. They could even call it marathon a reference to their first game.

14. Micronauts

Micronauts Ancient

Well yeah it'd be a smart move to keep enhancing forge and yes an overall level making system would be be best but Idk if they can fit it or not. But oh what the hell I guess I'l go pursue my pipe dreams with this post.

FORGE-

Optical Illusion- I find maps like foundry a lil hard at times because it can sometimes be difficult to make a really immersive map depending on your setting. It'd be cool just to be able to affect the lighting, saturation, lighting direction, glow, sharpness and so on with sliders. Sorta like Filters but on roids plus I found most of the current filters make it hard to see anyways, although that doesn't necessarily mean that noobs won't go and turn the brightness and contrast all the way down to make it pitch black but oh well. It'd be a nice tool to make a more immersive environment. So this way you can make sunsets, a red cold storage (C'mon I had to put it in there :p), an arctic sandtrap, Midnights, and so on.

THEATER-

A music video- Okay this is probably a really big stretch. But I bet Machinima makers wouldn't mind this feature being implemented...okay after they already bought all there capture cards and microphones '.'. But It'd be interesting to be able to make a usher music video of his song Yeah! and all you need is in Halo. Although the sound files would probably take to much space. Especially the 2GB payload of that 8 year old's screaming as he questions your sexuality. Which then could be made as a paid for service like bungie pro but yeah this is probably one of the biggest dreams that ain't gonna happen.

It's my Speilberg Beyotch!- One feature that would be awesome is being able to sorta takes "Frames" of some sort, like animation so that way in film clips (The small ones not those huge full game videos) you can cut from one place to another without worrying about how are you going to get from the warthog driving through that huge explosion to the bomb which is about to explode as teammates come piling in, in time. Plus hey it'd help to make a Halo action video to put "Transporter" to rest :p.

Capacity

But I need room to house my maps :(- Okay I already heard from bungie that they're not going to make any enlargements to the limit of how many files you can have on you for Halo 3. It'd be a bit better to have a bigger screen shots sections although you can technically store them to your computer normally through downloading the picture from bungie.net after you posted it. But yeah I suppose maps of course are the major priority. I usually find myself deleting all the good maps that I get from others peeps to get room for my maps that I'm making.

That is all I can really think of for now X|. But most of those subjects have already been covered. the manual color configuration in forge and the cutting from one place to another in theater was the only ideas i think which were about more original.

15. Vinny

Vinny Ancient

**** the rest of these suggestions.

I will no longer purchase a game from Bungie until they bring back doubleshot, BXR, and BXB.

16. i_support_elites

the ability to play as spartans, elites, grunts, brutes, marines, more armor perms for elites, and an interlocking button for forge(press x on the object it says interlock mode or something like that, click on it and then the box goes transparent, you then place whatever your interlocking into the transparent box and, boom. interlocked) and also some civilian vehicles for machinima purposes. AND! a difference between male and female (like bigger..chest area)
    EDIT: i forgot one thing, the ability to go without a gun, thats right! you heard me! no gun just fists! that'd be awesome.

17. viprikr

viprikr Ancient

improve melee system

18. i_support_elites

halo wars, i think, is the human vs covenant wars wayyy before halo ce.

October 8th 2007: Halo movie director, Neill Blomkamp, confirmed that the Halo “film is entirely dead,” but consoled fans of the series by mentioning that “Well, we are already at work on another Halo game — I wouldn’t call it ‘Halo 4′, but it is based in the Halo Universe and represents a collaboration between Bungie and Peter Jackson. Halo 3 was definitely not the last Bungie Halo game.”
    ^pwnage^

19. Micronauts

Micronauts Ancient

Ugh the chest Area I think wouldn't really be needed X|, plus females and males have different death groans and supposedly different gameplay attributes but they could be just the voices. I doubt bungie would let you play as a marine, etc. cause if you wanted too, just try and swap up the game play movement and so on (Plus I mean marines are probably too normal and weak and going from the master chief to a marine would sorta suck). But you never know they may pull an arbiter thing like Halo 2 and let you play as a brute for a level or two.) But I have to admit I probably voted for this back when halo 2 players talked about Halo 3. But now I think it'd be unplayable in multi-player for sure and most people would complain about not having enough Master chief if they let you play as another character (Although I think I heard you may not be playing as MC the whole campaign but I'm not sure). Oh but you can already play Spartans and elites but I guess you just let it slip. Though the interlocking mode is pretty decent. That and I almost forgot snapping objects (It is a pain making catwalks because usually I mess up on the angle of one of the sides so having an option to snap to 45 degree increments would be nice) X|. Turret-less warthogs and those warthogs that carry up to 6 peeps could be possible DLCs for machinima makers.

20. forgyforge

forgyforge Ancient

There will be NO halo4

Bungie has announced that there will be NO Halo 4 unless you count Halo Wars. But if there was, it would be cool to be able to post your own campien levels.