Sandbox Surge

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by oO SLiK Oo, May 13, 2009.

1. oO SLiK Oo

oO SLiK Oo Ancient

Surge
    By oO SLiK Oo

Gametypes:Battle Tracks

Recomended Players:2-16 players

Description: Make a long story short. The Map is about about 34 seconds long and i worked on it for about 25 hours. This is more of a banked and sort of drops too. I wanted to make a track that was more of twisting and turning but yet look like another rollercoaster. The map is very smooth and fun so please Download and check it out and comment!
    Pictures
    [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/URL]
    Special Thanks

Ignited Prophecy for name!

Thanks Please comment and Download!

Download Surge
    Download Battle Tracks

2. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Ancient

Great job on the map man.
    Finally a Racetrack thats a good length, plenty of turns, and lots of scenery.

5/5

3. Flair iz NasTy

Flair iz NasTy Ancient

This racetrack is amazing, it seems that yet again you have pooped out a blob of amazingess! My only qualms are the wall slits, in which are not the best choice for racetracks. They can be a bit bumpy, and from my knowledge a regular wall would have been a better choice. I preffered the name you chose before, but I suppose this isn't too bad ^.-. All is extremely smooth, nice off cambered turns and great shield door placement, scenery is reasonablly sexy but it seems although there was a bit too much bordering, leaving not enough open space to LOLPWN your opponent across the map. I suppose you had no choice as to border everything keeping you from cheating, so no qualms there... Overall the layout itself it extraordinary and this well deserves a 5/5 rating leaving me no real criticism. It is tough to decide in which is better, Typhoon or this but I have to say well done Slik!

Video should be done within a few days, varying on how busy we will be so keep an eye out!

4. EGP

EGP Ancient

My brother and I just got done playing a quick game. Why is the map called electron? lol
    Any way really nice job man, I really can not conclude that this is your best or not because I havn't played any really competitive snipers on it yet, but I have a feeling it will play very well. If you and I are ever on we can get a party together so I can experience the game with a great party. Nice job man

5. ShaddoBlade

ShaddoBlade Fuzzy Little Man Peach

This map is great. Through me off with the name change, though. Everything is really smooth, and the hills and turns are all really extreme and super fun to play on. I did flip once on the hill before the tunnel, but that may have just been a fluke. Other than that, nothing to complain about. A fantastic map. Hours of fun await.

6. Ix Unseen xl

Ix Unseen xl Ancient

I can't beleive all of the amazing racetracks coming out in the past 2 weeks, this is another astounding racetrack, i disagree with iTz Flair though, I have never had a problem with slits being bumpy, all of the turns and drops are smoothly interlocked and curved. The only suggestion that I can think of is maybe for your next track, have an off-cambered turn. Other than that, very nicely done 10/10

#6 Ix Unseen xl, May 13, 2009
    Last edited: May 13, 2009
  7. x DREAM 76 x

x DREAM 76 x New World Man

Another job well done man.. This is a really great track. The banks and power slide drops are amazing. I really like the tunnel with the wood ceiling as well. You maps are really good. It seems that you have mastered interlocking and I would like to take a few pointers from you some time. I can't make up my mind if I like this or Typhoon more. It is that close.. 5/5

8. trogdor orl

trogdor orl Ancient

yea this is one of the sickest maps ive seen yet, awesome job
    5/5

9. Drummerguy360

Drummerguy360 Ancient

That is insane. it's like Back Burner and Silhouette but with great aesthetics added. I would never have the patience to make a racetrack, but if I did I have some sweet ideas. Maybe I can share my ideas with you to help you make your next racetrack (assuming you do make another one).

This is great for racing, but there are a couple bumps I recommend fixing. And that's disappointing when the rest is perfect. :D

(I wish you could make objects move in a set path on forge. That way, you could hop inside a "car" and actually "ride" on a rollercoaster. That would be sick. Hopefully eventually...)

Thanks for taking the time to add to our collection of amazing racetracks.

10. Willrus

Willrus Ancient

Absolutely superb, yes i know that sounds kinda gay but... this map is a monster. I love the banks, the turns, and the flow of the map. Almost all race maps i've seen on sandbox have been in the sky, but this looks so much nicer. 5/5

11. SpEcTaCuLar Ra

SpEcTaCuLar Ra Ancient

Forget typhoon, this is the best sandbox track out. The continuous turns that are so smooth, the tunnel, the smoothness of the track, it's just great. The only problem that somebody can complain about is the switch from wood bridges to blocks, there's a little drop off that doesn't effect you much, so it's excusable. I really think this deserves a 5/5. Great map. And please stop making beautiful maps cause I hate giving 5/5. lol

12. last_chaos_7

last_chaos_7 Ancient

wow another map I now can't wait to check out although I got a phone call yesterday and i'm supposed to finally get my xbox back after like 3 weeks today! although idk lol

anyways this looks like another epicly amazing racetrack... it definetly looks like a roller coaster and looks amazing with the rolling hills and if it really does have power slide drops I will go crazy lol... I can't wait to try this out 5/5!

13. Duckyz

Duckyz Ancient

awsome map 1st ive seen on the ground floor that has been this good

5/5

14. Benji

Benji Ancient

this looks simply amazing
    but i have a question
    do the wall slits make the track bumpy or not?

15. oO SLiK Oo

oO SLiK Oo Ancient

No not at all

16. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

Amazing track man, this is truely epic.

Battle Snipes and Battle Lasers on it were ****ing awesome, and i think one of the reasons why is the epic LOS on certain parts. It plays like there are moments where if you can aim it right, you can take someone out who is on another part of the track completely. However, there are still enough twists and weaves in the course to make safe spots as well.

There is one thing that i did not like:

it needs more teleporters outside the map for when you fall off, and
    the receiver node that they lead to makes it so you have to backtrack into the start zone where the mongeese are parked, and usually there will be some other players there waiting for the mongeese to spawn and you end up getting in assassination fights and whatnot tomfoolery with them.

but thats not really a big deal. this map seriously kicks ass and plays amazing well with battle snipes/lasers/brs

17. Cr0ok3d

Cr0ok3d Ancient

Wow, this map looks absolutely fantastic! It plays so well, I cannot find a better race track that is this smooth and this well planned out! Great job!

You should try to start innovating the maps with some random ideas. (Not trying to make you change anything since these cannot get any better)...

I am sure you would be a beast at making something like a Mario Kart like track. (Secret passageways, forks in the road, etc) If you found a way to incorporate that into a track like this you would make my day!

Once again. This map is flawless! You are pumping these things out like crazy! 10/10

18. oO SLiK Oo

oO SLiK Oo Ancient

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oHT03B6Cyc&feature=player_embedded[/media]
    heres the video thanks halo evolution!

19. Commando12

Commando12 Ancient

Why buy a racing game when Halo has forgers that can make your racing dreams come true

20. last hope 17

last hope 17 Ancient

I can explain it in one word...BEAST