Surge

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by XIx Rapture xIX, May 8, 2008.

1. XIx Rapture xIX

XIx Rapture xIX Ancient

Surge - Youtube Video!

Surge
    Created by XIx Rapture xIX and DarkSp4rt4n333

Supported Gametypes:
    Team Slayer, Rumble Pit, Team Snipers, Team Doubles, 1v1, Swords, and Team Swat.

Map Description
    "UNSC funding has turned this archaic military storage bunker into a fully operational spartan training facility. 2-8 Players. "

Ever since the new maps came out I've been working hard at putting out my first piece of work. Resting inside the frigid caves of Avalanche lies Surge, an incredible map with countless ways to dispatch your opponents. This map is made for 2-8 Players and currently supports all SLAYER variants.

Weapons on the map are:
    Battle Rifles, Shotgun, Carbines, Plasma Pistol, Mauler, Spikers, Needler, Sniper Rifles, and Rocket Launcher (with only 2 ammo).

Power-Ups on the map are:
    Overshield, Active Camo, Radar Jammer, and Bubble Shield. (Active Camo spawns 3 mins after the match starts to prevent the bottom level from becoming too overpowered in the beginning.)

The map hosts two sniper towers that overlook a multilevel designed facility. There are TONS of ways in and out of each floor of the map which is why it is so addicting to play.

Notes about the map:
    1. At the "Blue Spawn" area there is a teleporter (2-way) that takes you to the Blue Sniper Tower.
    2. At the "Red Spawn" area there is a grav lift that takes you to the Red Sniper Tower.
    3. There is a teleporter on the bottom floor of the map that takes you to the Top Floor.
    4. Power-Ups are on the bottom floor, overshield, active camo, radar jammer, and Shottie.
    5. Active Camo on the bottom spawns 3 minutes after the match starts.
    6. Overshield, Active Camo, and Snipers have a 3 minute spawn time.
    7. There are 2 sets of stairs on the map. These stairs can be hard to climb, but this was intentional to slow down the pace of that area. You'll see what I mean when you play it. With some clever jumping ability though you can climb them very quickly. Coming down any of the two stairways is always fast.
    8. The map name (Surge) is in NO way affiliated with the kick ass fountain drink of the 90's.

If this map takes off and there is a desire for CTF or any other game type then I will gladly make it happen. Please please leave feedback. Thanks again and enjoy Surge.

Overview 1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Overview 2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Overivew 3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bottom Floor 1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Blue Snipe
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bottom Floor 2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Main Floor
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Red Snipe
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shelves
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Top Floor
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A very special thanks to all the people who have tested this map and given valuable feedback including SaintBeastie25, AaDGlad, quiddy v2, and Dr Lester.

Download the Map here: Download Surge Here!

#1 XIx Rapture xIX, May 8, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  2. Punkshorty

Punkshorty Ancient

i really like this map i was trying on making somthing in there but i am too impastient to keep saving and quiting

BTW: frist post ftw

3. iliveundead

iliveundead Ancient

this map looks so sic ill dl when i get the new maps

4. nullstar

nullstar Ancient

i very unlikly place for a map, very geneous, ill sooooo DL
    edit: why is it called surge?

5. hangman3745

hangman3745 Ancient

This is the best map ive seen on Avalanche yet!5/5

6. XIx Rapture xIX

XIx Rapture xIX Ancient

First off thanks for the initial feedback :). The map name comes from its definition "a strong, wavelike, forward movement, rush, or sweep". Looking at the map there are 2 mancannons that really define the mid-area of the map. They thrust players through the cavern. In the youtube video there are some players that showcase just how fast they can get across the map. So it really does fit the atmosphere of the map in my opinion.

There are rumors that I was neglected of the popular 90's fountain drink named Surge. Some say in an attempt to regain my lost love of this soda I have named this map after it. I cannot comment on this speculation.

Have fun with the map :).

7. a-groeper

a-groeper Ancient

I'm absolutely speechless. OMG! This is total utter brilliance. It's layout is almost perfect for swat gametypes, and the bottom level bears striking resemblance to the warehouse remake from Rainbow 6 Vegas. This is sooo downloaded. OMG!X2. (Excuse for me for not acting my age, this is just too awesome for me to stay rational about!)

8. provomit

provomit Ancient

looks great im dl this map

9. bib bob

bib bob Ancient

welcome to forgehub
    if this is your 1st map IT ROCKS
    the only thing is that the crates could have all been the same color so it would look better or you could have put on the colorblind fx

10. Vicious Vice

Vicious Vice Ghosts of Onyx

Welcome to forgehub and for your first post it is quite impressive i will d/l this map and give u my thoughts. from the looks of it its very neat and clean. im amazing how smooth you have the floor.

11. vinco onmia

vinco onmia Ancient

For your first map post, this is very well done and a great looking map to boot

12. InferiorPigeon

InferiorPigeon Ancient

wow, this map looks fantastic!
    the video really did it justice it looks like!
    thanks!

(i like the "secret" areas too, makes it feel like a real bungie level cause of all their "secret" areas, hahhahaha)

13. texturedlemur

texturedlemur Ancient

Wow that map looks really cool I will DL.

14. desert rat 852

desert rat 852 Ancient

this is pathetic......ally awesome! absoultly amazed. Great map Dude!!!!!!!

15. LXV Grizzly

LXV Grizzly Ancient

nullstar, why is that an unlikely place, since the maps been out virtually all the maps made on avalanche have been made in that room, but i think that the map looks good, did you think about blocking off the mancannon so that nobody can use it during the game?

16. XIx Rapture xIX

XIx Rapture xIX Ancient

We thought about blocking off the mancannons, but they work so good with the map. We tested a few scenarios, one with them blocked and one without them blocked and that's one reason why we spent so much time before putting up a 'final' version of the map. Everyone that played it agreed that it added much more fun and immersion to the level with them active, so we left it. Thanks for the feedback.

17. XIx Rapture xIX

XIx Rapture xIX Ancient

I'm following up on over a month of inactivity and thought since ForgeHub has gotten many new users after bungie re-did their map forums, that I would get this map back into the first few pages. I hope some of the new ppl get a chance to see this map. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: The map has grown in popularity on the bungie site, over 2,000 downloads. Which is the main reason why I am technically bumping this thread.

#17 XIx Rapture xIX, Jun 17, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  18. DRiSCOLL

DRiSCOLL Ancient

looks quite good ther are some cool features to the map that make it even bette, but it isnt without its flaws but looks well made and planned good job

19. Shedo

Shedo Ancient

kinda reminds me of that halo 2 mission where you send the bomb back to the covies? like when your outside in outer space? Anyone else?
    Thats kinda weird.. Good map btw! 5/5

20. D00medcrusader

D00medcrusader Ancient

ive seen this map some weeks ago and it looks great

and a lot people are doing this now but yours is still the best