Supply Bridge

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by mefire66, Dec 30, 2010.

1. mefire66

mefire66 Forerunner

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is medium-sized asymmetrical FFA based map, which consists of only a small part of a Marathon-class Cruiser’s interior. This map plays best with FFA slayer due to its asymmetric layout, but it can be played with 2v2 team slayer. What makes this map different from other maps that include a ship is that I eliminated the exterior of the ship. That way I can make the interior’s quality better.

[​IMG]
    3 - DMRs - 30 seconds
    2 - Needle rifles - 30 seconds
    2 - Needlers - 30 seconds
    2 - Magnums - 30 seconds
    2 - Plasma pistols - 30 seconds
    2 - Plasma grenades - 30 seconds
    2 - Frag grenades - 30 seconds
    1 - Grenade launcher - 150 seconds - 2 spare clips
    1 - Concussion rifle - 150 seconds - 0 spare clips
    1 - Plasma repeater - 30 seconds

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 mefire66, Dec 30, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  2. madcow015

madcow015 Ancient

Even from the first few pictures I can see how much effort and dedication you put into this map. All of the rooms have such great detail in them - I think this map has the greatest aesthetic quality of any Reach map I've seen! Really great job; you've got quite and eye for detail. I can't wait to dl and check it out and I hope to see more maps from you. :)

3. HopefulRUIN

HopefulRUIN Ancient

Omg. The Aesthetics are beautiful. Obviously I can't tell much about how it plays from the pictures, although it doesn't seem like it'd be too ground breaking game-play wise. But that doesn't matter because I'd be too busy looking at this wonderful creation to notice being shot at.

4. SpecterCody

SpecterCody Ancient

This has to be the best ship interior Ive ever seen on reach, I can tell all the hard work that went into this. The detailing is all top-notch and very tasteful and clean. It is very compact for combat but I bet a simple 2v2 would be fine.

5. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

Your attention to detail here is quite impressive. There are many areas of the map reminiscent of running around the Pillar of Autumn, especially the bridge and the "L" pathways to each room. As soon as I saw them I immediately thought "classic halo geometry". And while you can't really show it in the pictures, you even created a step ladder for the pilot to climb up out of the control seat using the ends of camping stools, quite impressive.

The layout itself is quite impressive as well, you manage to create a lot of variation within a small space without forcing geometry. It simply feels like a genuine playing space and not some random blocks thrown together. You have created something quite unique here, and I'm certain it won't go unnoticed around these parts.

My only concern was your weapon selection, you have quite a heavy lineup for such a tight map. I think if you removed the concussion rifle for something else, I think that would make the map work better, but of course I say this without having played the map, so take that advise with a grain of salt.

6. CyborgAnthro

CyborgAnthro Forerunner

I can really see the pillar of autumn in this map, you've done a great job. The aesthetics also remind of orbital which I liked. On top of all the nice details you have a cool layout as well. I wish you had gotten this out a little earlier cause my forgehub favorites submissions would have been different. Nice map mefire66.

7. mefire66

mefire66 Forerunner

The weapons are actually surprisingly balanced. The concussions rifle spawns after 150 seconds with no extra clips, and the grenade launcher spawns after 150 seconds with 2 extra grenades. I'm not the best at placing weapons on maps, and I do believe there could be a better weapons placement on my map. I'll try to do some minor changes later in version 2.

8. tuba reunion

tuba reunion Forerunner

beautifully and wonderfully made. you should enter this into a comp dude. very enjoyable to play, and that's the main thing. not to mention the fact that it looks better then bungie-forged maps.

9. BIEMANZ

BIEMANZ Forerunner

I have to say, this is the most bieutiful map i have ever seen!
    The aestethics are amazing. I tyoo like to pu a lot of details in my maps, but you my friend have blown me away!

i would really try your map out. if you need it tested add me!

GT: BIEMANZ

good job!

10. Equin0x

Equin0x Forerunner

Wow, this... has to be one of the most aesthetically pleasing maps ive ever seen. The details are amazing, even the shapes of the doors and windows are eye candy.
    The fact that there are unneeded details makes up for the missing gametypes.
    Instant que! :D

11. Minister Muffin

Minister Muffin Forerunner

WOW! I've seen many maps in all my gaming, and this one is just, wow. Every time I see an amazing map, which this one is the best so far EVER, i have to go forge a map to try and beat it, but I know even I can't. Wow, this map is fantistic! 10/10!

12. WhiteRice321

WhiteRice321 Ancient

Well i downloaded this a while back and just got around to looking at it and i must say you really need a video for your post because while your pictures arent bad they don't get accross the full achestetic detail that permeates throughout the entier map. My only concerns are that the number of long narrow corridors could be bad for gameplay, some of the low cielings discourage jumping/jetpacking, and the layout is somewhat confusing to those who havent seen it before. But this thing is beautiful.

13. EvilT

EvilT Forerunner

Amazing map. It really just begs the question why didn't bungie just put consoles and all that stuff in there to begin with. With quite limited tools you made an amazing map. Well done.

14. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

Yesterday, myself and 7 other members downloaded and played around 30 random maps from the community. This was one of the maps. We played this one twice actually.

Visually, you've stepped up and made probably the most interesting and stunning map I've seen on reach. I feel like I should stop forging. However, gameplay isn't as strong. I think you are really promoting the map wrong. It does play well for SMALL FFA parties. However, we initially played 4v4 on it, and it wasn't much fun. Grenade battle would be most accurate. The spawning also suffered during this game. This is definitely a 2v2 doubles map if I've ever seen one. I really think that this map has tons of potential, but if you keep telling people 4v4, thats what will get played, and its a really weak point of the map.

15. ThrowinDemBows

ThrowinDemBows Takoyaki?

i was with TSB in that party, and i completely agree. The reason it was a grenade battle is because of all the cramp hallways and small space. Also, i was spawning in front of enemies almost everytime so you might want to work on that as well. the map looks great though, i love the small touches you put across the whole map.

16. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

Finally got a chance to play this map. I must say the aesthetics are amazing. Gameplay wise however this would probably only be good for very small parties such as 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3 at most as some of the rooms are very campable.

17. Antares777x

Antares777x Forerunner

The attention and effort put into this map are clearly impressive. I've always enjoyed room-based asymmetrical maps. Aesthetically, the map is a beauty. My favorite aesthetic part of the map were the vending machines. I gotta have my Mountain Dew when owning noobs at Halo ;).

As for gameplay, the map others long range, medium range, and close range combat with the combination of rooms and hallways, which will provide very dynamic gameplay. Most of the other room based asymmetrical maps that I've played on provided one or the other, but the mix of both really provide very interesting and different fights that evolve around where your are on the map.

Great map, definitely worth a download.

18. happyman

happyman Forerunner

by far the best aesthetics combined w a flowing layout. for sure gona download. gotta check it out. u should change your main pic i dont think it does your aesthetics justice. amazing!

19. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

Stickied by TSB from Sunday - 2/6/11 to Sunday 2/13/11

20. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

Thank you for sticking this Silence, this map is beautiful and definitely should be given more recognition than it's currently getting. Pictures don't do this map justice people, download it to see for yourself!